+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made help --- Manila Embassy

egutierrez

May 29, 2010
that is a nice idea happyme. Until now i have no news i think my hubby havent receive yet their visa's and passports so i'm still praying. I hope spicegirl and me will receive good news.

louieong

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
happyme said:
Hello Lirow, equitierrez, spicegirl,

I just got our passports back with visa. U should be receiving yours today.
By the way in our COPR we put Vancouver there. Can we land in Toronto since I have a cousin there?

THANKS A LOT.

HAPPYME
Congratulation Happyme, weather is really nice here in Toronto. :)

louieong

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
spicegirl said:
@ Happyme, Liwor, & Egutierrez,

Up to now , i'm still waiting for my visa :(
Tomorrow is already Saturday and i'm getting realy worried now, especially that i already paid for my flight on June 11.
They do deliver on Saturday, so hopefully it's on it's way.

Good luck :)

louieong

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
causticlilgirlie said:
i got a letter from the embassy last night! they're asking me to update my medicals so i have to take it again. ah well. just happy to see something moving along.

does it take a while after sending medicals again? this waiting drives me crazy!
Hi, did they say why you need to update your medicals? or has it been more than a year since you had your medicals? :)

liwor

May 11, 2010
happyme
what is number of DHL? coz i try to call DHL the answering machine tells that for domestic call wide wide something? is that the number u call? or differrent 1?
congrats

happyme

May 17, 2010
Hi Liwor,

I called DHL's local no. here at the province. Actually they only have one office so its not that difficult. I do not know if you are in Metro manila area wherein they have a lot of offices.

I am actually at a dilemna. Do you think I can land at Toronto even though my application and in my COPR I have indicated its Vancouver? I have plans of doing the bookings on monday since I have learned from the post that july and august are fully booked. Do you know of a link where I can confirm?

Thanks.

happyme

liwor

May 11, 2010
happyme

i call the dhl and they told me that thay dont have my name on their system i just have to go to the embassy to ask. regarding your question i really dont have any idea.

causticlilgirlie

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
louieong said:
Hi, did they say why you need to update your medicals? or has it been more than a year since you had your medicals? :)
hi louie!

because it's been more than a year. :) so what happened was the first time my hubby applied they sent it back since the tax form he included wasn't what they were looking for ??? long story short, i took my med exam in january 2009. everything got finalized in january of this year (again, partly my fault, i hate paperwork!)

so if they send this directly to the embassy once done, how soon after do you think we'll hear from them again?

hi kg,
here you go:

applied: jan 2010
accepted: jan 2010
started process: march 2010
received req for medical update: jun 2010

don't have the exact dates, but i hope this gives you an idea :)

spicegirl

Nov 17, 2009
@ Liwor and Egutierrez,

I just arrived today Saturday, from the DHL branch here in Pasig City and they said that those visa packages coming from the Canadian Embassy are being forwarded first to their main office in Parañaque City before delivering it to the applicant's address. So, the DHL staff in Pasig City connected me to the customer service of DHL Main in Parañaque, with tel # 879-8888.

I was able to speak with one of the representative their and she asked for my name and looked for it in their database. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to find my name in their records and told me that the Canadian Embassy did not yet forwarded my visa package to them. I gave my cellphone number and my address to the representative and she told me that they will contact me once they already have my visa package on Monday.

Liwor & Egutiierrez,

Pls.keep me posted whatever new updates you will be getting regarding your visa package. I'm really worried now for i already paid my ticket for June 11 flight :(

Thanks so much!
Spicegirl

loreyn84

Nov 18, 2009
Pasig City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kg said:
Congratulations! Visa on the way for sure. Yes they use DHL. Some applicants get it 3 days after DM in ecas but not sure if applies to all. May I know your timeline please as my wife's application is in Manila office too.

hi...

i am just wondering....would like to know or could give me some clear picture...of my case...for sure most of you guys could help me...

my husband rcvd the approval of sponsoring me last may 10 and i received a letter last may 26 from canadian embassy manila asking me to send my passport....

And on the same day (may 26) i personally visit canadian embassy, i thought i could personally hand over my passport to the immigration officer but the guard asked me to put my passport in brown envelope and drop it in a drop box located at the ground floor of rcbc tower or they called it drop box in "B4". I am worried if this will reach the office of the immigration officer or visa office since it is located on the same building. Would there be a case that they already lost the papers being submitted to their office using the drop box in "B4".

And if not, would there be a possibility that i could have my passport back with the visa soon....or will i have to wait for another months and months? How? Because I never pay anything for the courier services.

please ....

thanks

loreyn

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
causticlilgirlie said:
hi louie!

because it's been more than a year. :) so what happened was the first time my hubby applied they sent it back since the tax form he included wasn't what they were looking for ??? long story short, i took my med exam in january 2009. everything got finalized in january of this year (again, partly my fault, i hate paperwork!)

so if they send this directly to the embassy once done, how soon after do you think we'll hear from them again?

hi kg,
here you go:

applied: jan 2010
accepted: jan 2010
started process: march 2010
received req for medical update: jun 2010

don't have the exact dates, but i hope this gives you an idea :)
Thanks for posting your timeline.

Good luck!

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
loreyn84 said:
hi...

i am just wondering....would like to know or could give me some clear picture...of my case...for sure most of you guys could help me...

my husband rcvd the approval of sponsoring me last may 10 and i received a letter last may 26 from canadian embassy manila asking me to send my passport....

And on the same day (may 26) i personally visit canadian embassy, i thought i could personally hand over my passport to the immigration officer but the guard asked me to put my passport in brown envelope and drop it in a drop box located at the ground floor of rcbc tower or they called it drop box in "B4". I am worried if this will reach the office of the immigration officer or visa office since it is located on the same building. Would there be a case that they already lost the papers being submitted to their office using the drop box in "B4".

And if not, would there be a possibility that i could have my passport back with the visa soon....or will i have to wait for another months and months? How? Because I never pay anything for the courier services.

please ....

thanks

loreyn
Did you attach your file number on your passport? I've read lots of applicants have used the dropbox in sending their passports and successfully got the visa. I think you shouldn't worry.

We really can't tell for now if you can get it back soon because normally CIC-Manila asks for passport at the beginning of the process. There are lucky applicants who don't wait that long and only took them 4months upon submission to CPC-M.

You may want to backread this thread so you will see other member's timeline so you have an idea. But I suggest don't compare yours to them so you won't get frustrated as every case is different.

Good luck!

loreyn84

Nov 18, 2009
Pasig City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kg said:
Did you attach your file number on your passport? I've read lots of applicants have used the dropbox in sending their passports and successfully got the visa. I think you shouldn't worry.

We really can't tell for now if you can get it back soon because normally CIC-Manila asks for passport at the beginning of the process. There are lucky applicants who don't wait that long and only took them 4months upon submission to CPC-M.

You may want to backread this thread so you will see other member's timeline so you have an idea. But I suggest don't compare yours to them so you won't get frustrated as every case is different.

Good luck!

Yes, i put the sticker on my passport that the canadian embassy provides as my file number.....

Oh my, does it mean that i have to wait another 4 months or so for the processing here in manila.... I thought once my husband got the eligibility to sponsor visa will comes next?

i never thought that there will be another processing here in manila after the Mississauga.

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
loreyn84 said:
Yes, i put the sticker on my passport that the canadian embassy provides as my file number.....

Oh my, does it mean that i have to wait another 4 months or so for the processing here in manila.... I thought once my husband got the eligibility to sponsor visa will comes next?

i never thought that there will be another processing here in manila after the Mississauga.
We can't really tell if you will have to wait 4months because there are applicants who got it earlier too. Just pray hard for that and hopefully they won't ask for any additional documents from you anymore.

Good luck!

egutierrez

May 29, 2010
spicegirl said:
@ Liwor and Egutierrez,

I just arrived today Saturday, from the DHL branch here in Pasig City and they said that those visa packages coming from the Canadian Embassy are being forwarded first to their main office in Parañaque City before delivering it to the applicant's address. So, the DHL staff in Pasig City connected me to the customer service of DHL Main in Parañaque, with tel # 879-8888.

I was able to speak with one of the representative their and she asked for my name and looked for it in their database. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to find my name in their records and told me that the Canadian Embassy did not yet forwarded my visa package to them. I gave my cellphone number and my address to the representative and she told me that they will contact me once they already have my visa package on Monday.

Liwor & Egutiierrez,

Pls.keep me posted whatever new updates you will be getting regarding your visa package. I'm really worried now for i already paid my ticket for June 11 flight :(

Thanks so much!
Spicegirl
spicegirl,
ano ng balita sa visa mo dumating na ba?indi ka na kasi nag oonline balita nmn dyan kung nareceive mo na visa mo ha?thanx! my hubby went to the canadian embassy today to inquire. I hoping for a good news.