+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made for citizenship certificate

Rayjrango

Mar 8, 2016
I checked my status for a citizenship certificate and it says decision made. I clicked the link to find out on what means and I feel like they gave me to vague of an answer. They said if I live outside canada they will send my certificate to an embassy near where I live but it doesn't say if I have to pick it up or if they deliver it from the embassy. Right after that it says if I'm rejected I will be notified in the mail in writing. I'm just confused as to what to expect. What's my next step?

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The next step is just to wait and see what you receive in the mail.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
When did you apply for citizenship certificate

Rayjrango

Mar 8, 2016
Well they received it February 3rd and it says it takes 5 months. But they made a decision already I'm just wondering how long it should take for them to mail it to me. It also said they started processing my application on March 9th

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Rayjrango said:
Well they received it February 3rd and it says it takes 5 months. But they made a decision already I'm just wondering how long it should take for them to mail it to me. It also said they started processing my application on March 9th
Oh thats nice.

I think your one may have been a straight forward case. Where as many people they need their citizenship status established. Good for you. Let us know once you receive your certificate. Good luck.

I think better check with the embassy you applied for an update on what is the process.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dnyfyn said:
I think better check with the embassy you applied for an update on what is the process.
Applicants from the USA mail their applications directly to CIC. They don't apply through an embassy.

Rayjrango

Mar 8, 2016
The cic delivers the certificate to the embassy responsible for where I live. That's once a decision has been made.