+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision letter

SilentHill

Dec 3, 2020
Hello to everyone.

In November, my lawyer called me and said that I had a letter about me. He said in the letter that I have a chance to go to hearing without a court. We sent all the document and he said that on 20 November my request for a refugee was accepted. I went to his office and read the decision that the government had sent him. 12 days have passed since the decision and I still haven't received a letter. I don't know what to do right now.

Everyone says that I should wait calmly. In such cases, how many days is the letter usually mailed to the address? Could there be a situation such as the letter being stolen or lost at the post office? I cannot apply for a health card and PR without that letter. I check the mailbox at least 20-25 times a day Please share your own experiences with me. I saw in my dream that the decision was revoked and therefore the letter was not mailed to me. I am experiencing severe depression due to the delay of the letter.

Please help..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congratulations first of all. It varies but with holiday mail and covid there will be delays. The letter likely goes through the IRB's internal mail process creating more delays. If you haven't received the letter in the next few weeks you can contact the appropriate department to get another copy. After only 14 days you'll be told to wait.

titapet

Mar 29, 2020
Hello to everyone.

In November, my lawyer called me and said that I had a letter about me. He said in the letter that I have a chance to go to hearing without a court. We sent all the document and he said that on 20 November my request for a refugee was accepted. I went to his office and read the decision that the government had sent him. 12 days have passed since the decision and I still haven't received a letter. I don't know what to do right now.

Everyone says that I should wait calmly. In such cases, how many days is the letter usually mailed to the address? Could there be a situation such as the letter being stolen or lost at the post office? I cannot apply for a health card and PR without that letter. I check the mailbox at least 20-25 times a day Please share your own experiences with me. I saw in my dream that the decision was revoked and therefore the letter was not mailed to me. I am experiencing severe depression due to the delay of the letter.

Please help..
Call or email IRB and let them know you haven’t received your Notice of Decision And they’ll mail you a new copy

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Hello to everyone.

Please help..
Could you please share your timeline?

Ngarii

Nov 19, 2020
Hello to everyone.

Please help..
You need to calm yourself down bro, even before the pandemic, it takes nothing less than 3 weeks to receive the acceptance letter in the mail. I won't be surprised if it takes longer than that now. I'm certain your decision was not revoked, you just need to relax and wait for the letter. All the best

AAAAO

Jan 22, 2019
Hello to everyone.

Please help..
Mine came after one month in 2017...not sure how it works now due to covid too.

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Hello to everyone.

Please help..
Congratulations for your acceptance,
I had my hearing on 16th of nov 2020 and our lawyer got nod on 19th bov 2020 and we received posted copy on 22th nov 2020 .
1. Means the time member makes decisions he sent the decision to registrar to document it and registrar to send the copies to IRCC and applicant
2. You can apply for health card with the copy of nod which your lawyer recieved.
3. Infact you can apply for your pr as well with that copy, but I'll suggest you to call the irb office and tell them that you didn't receive the copy of NOD by mail so they can check if it was misplaced then they can send you the new copy .
Take it easy it's normal

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Hi all, I had my hearing yesterday, it took about an hour and a half in all. There were four trainee members but they did ask any questions. It was virtual. After the session, my lawyer asked me few questions and made some submission. Member said she will communicate her decision.
Lawyer said I performed wonderfully that the particular member never gave decision on the desk. He said nothing to worry about that the decision will come in about two months but I’m worried.
Lawyer said I answered all questions satisfactorily and he is ok that he is 90% sure that decision will be positive but I’m worried.

racheelnaeem

Star Member
May 8, 2016
its been a month I haven't received my letter yet my lawyer said he will receive it by email. Does anyone else also receive it by email ?