+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

LunaM

Dec 28, 2017
Hey guys! after seeing your updates for oath ceremony, I just went to check my online tracker, and surprisingly found out my oath ceremony is scheduled for December 23 as well!I haven't received any emails yet. My processing office is Scarborough. Does anyone know if the oath ceremony will be online or in person?

Btw I am December 19 online applicant, AOR in March, Test invite in September, everything on tracker except ceremony changed to completed on October 25.

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hey guys! after seeing your updates for oath ceremony, I just went to check my online tracker, and surprisingly found out my oath ceremony is scheduled for December 23 as well!I haven't received any emails yet. My processing office is Scarborough. Does anyone know if the oath ceremony will be online or in person?

Btw I am December 19 applicant, AOR in March, Test invite in September, everything on tracker except ceremony changed to completed on October 25.
Congrats. Dec 19, 2020, or Dec 2019?

dersonc

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/Jun/2016
Passport Req..
17/Aug/2016
VISA ISSUED...
23/Aug/2016

Btw I am December 19 applicant, AOR in March, Test invite in September, everything on tracker except ceremony changed to completed on October 25.
It will be online.

Markham101010

Mar 10, 2021
Yes. They rescheduled to November 25 at 11am after I provided my reasons for urgent processing and sent documentation with proof.

I also agreed to apply for urgent processing of the passport to be able to receive it before my trip.

They mentioned that I'll receive an e-mail with instructions one week before the ceremony.
Awesome! Happy for you! (I) did your tracker change to reflect that ? (II) did you speak with them at the call center or use the webform .... (III) im not sure my reason would qualify to be honest so not sure whether to even ask.

Reactions: dersonc

dersonc

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/Jun/2016
Passport Req..
17/Aug/2016
VISA ISSUED...
23/Aug/2016
Awesome! Happy for you! (I) did your tracker change to reflect that ? (II) did you speak with them at the call center or use the webform .... (III) im not sure my reason would qualify to be honest so not sure whether to even ask.
Yes, the tracker changed after a few hours. I sent a webform and email to the address I sent the passport copies. They replied to the email.

This is their guidance:
To apply for urgent processing of your Ceremony, you must have an emergency, such as:
• needing Canadian citizenship to:
o apply for a job
o avoid losing your job
o go to a Canadian school, college or university
• needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation.

Reactions: Markham101010

Kiki87

Feb 6, 2021
Hello Everyone, I'm a December 2020 Applicant and not seeing much update on my file. Here's my timeline so far.

Application submitted: December 22, 2020(Online)
AOR Received: April 14, 2021
Fingerprint requested: August 25, 2021
Fingerprint Done: August 27, 2021.

The tracker was updated October 15 but none of the information was updated. Language, physical presence, background and prohibitions all in progress. Citizenship test and ceremony not started.

I applied from Toronto and my processing office is Vancouver.

Is anyone else who applied this time in similar situation? This is so frustrating...

Pran6009

Dec 26, 2020
Hi All,
I received the test request on Oct 4 and I completed and passed on Oct 8th but observed that I haven't uploaded my ID on page 6.
Received the 2nd Test Request on 29 Oct and passed now and I would suggest everyone go through each step carefully so that one doesn't miss uploading the ID on page 6.
Timeline:
Application date - December 17, 2020(Online)
Processing office - Vancouver Applied from Bradford, ON
AOR - April 2021
Fingerprint request on 24 august 2021
Fingerprint Submitted 25th August 2021
FP Status Updated 26th August 2021
Background Status Completed Sep 14, 2021
Test Request Oct 4, 2021
Test Passed: OCT 8th
Re-test Invitation: Oct 29 ( As I missed uploading the ID on the first test)
Passed the Test: Oct 31
Except for the Background, all are in pending status.
Admin, can you please update the spreadsheet.

Pran6009

Dec 26, 2020

Btw I am December 19 online applicant, AOR in March, Test invite in September, everything on tracker except ceremony changed to completed on October 25.
Congrats Luna,
it is online now.

Reactions: LunaM

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa

72 hrs before

Reactions: LunaM

Gucheelady

Mar 30, 2018
Hi guys, looks like a lot of people submitted their applications successfully online. I got 2 questions. 1)Do we need to submit all passport pages online as well?
2)what specs did you guys follow for digital photo, it says max 420x540 pixels, when I resize my photo to this size picture become super tiny and less than 60kb. Is it normal?

dersonc

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/Jun/2016
Passport Req..
17/Aug/2016
VISA ISSUED...
23/Aug/2016
Hi guys, looks like a lot of people submitted their applications successfully online. I got 2 questions. 1)Do we need to submit all passport pages online as well?
2)what specs did you guys follow for digital photo, it says max 420x540 pixels, when I resize my photo to this size picture become super tiny and less than 60kb. Is it normal?
1- You do not need to submit all passport pages when you submit the online application. The form will specify what pages are needed. Later in the application process they might request a scanned copy of all pages of the passport, but it's not needed when submitting the application.
2 - You cannot resize the picture. The photographer needs to take the picture and provide the file with the correct specifications.

alongroad

Jan 9, 2019
Hi everyone.

I would like to confirm the documents for submitting an online application.

1. Digital Photo and Receipt (in a separate PDF).
2. Bio Page of Passport.
3. IELTS
4. Physical Presence File.

PC(Not Applicable).

Please confirm and advise whether I am missing anything else.

Thank you.

maxkram

Apr 14, 2016
Hi everyone.

I would like to confirm the documents for submitting an online application.

1. Digital Photo and Receipt (in a separate PDF).
2. Bio Page of Passport.
3. IELTS
4. Physical Presence File.

PC(Not Applicable).

Please confirm and advise whether I am missing anything else.

Thank you.
I didn't neet IELTS ('cause I've got it in time of the EE application)

dersonc

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/Jun/2016
Passport Req..
17/Aug/2016
VISA ISSUED...
23/Aug/2016
I didn't neet IELTS ('cause I've got it in time of the EE application)
You would still have to upload the IELTS results from the EE application to the citizenship application. You don't need to take a new test.