+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
I wouldn’t think too much of it. If you wanna be proactive, you could submit a letter of explanation alongside it - otherwise, just wait and see what they think of it - they might ask you about it or they might not. There’s only one way to find out. Good luck! :)
Thanks @thatguyoverthere for the advice. I wanted to proactively submit a letter of explanation but changed my mind. There is no need to instigate what might not really exist. Hence, I decided to wait for them (just as you also said).

I just even realized that I don't have an expired I-95 card (on my passport) that I used for some trips to the US as a US officer at the Peace Bridge removed it to attach a new one (still on my passport). Hence, those trips (3 of them) with the expired I-95 card don't show on my passport even though I reported them on my Physical Presence Calculator (cos I vividly remembered them).

Now, I am curious to see what the officer that will review my passport will come up with.

Fingers crossed!!!

Reactions: thatguyoverthere

Benito2

Aug 11, 2021
hey folks! While in the process of a notary making true copies of my non-english passport and then the translator stamping and translating the document...the final document with the notary's stamp + translator stamps is hard to read, mostly the pages that are empty, the ones with the stamps and photo page are clear.

At this point, i have tried it all, converting it to jpg and adjusting the contrast, etc, the notary is advising that I submit the version that is just certified by them ( better quality), in addition to the original ones (BEST QUALITY) and the translated one (HARD to see).

Can anyone advice on how they manage the quality of scanned documents specially when the notary certified version is clear?

Much appreciated!

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
hey folks! While in the process of a notary making true copies of my non-english passport and then the translator stamping and translating the document...the final document with the notary's stamp + translator stamps is hard to read, mostly the pages that are empty, the ones with the stamps and photo page are clear.

At this point, i have tried it all, converting it to jpg and adjusting the contrast, etc, the notary is advising that I submit the version that is just certified by them ( better quality), in addition to the original ones (BEST QUALITY) and the translated one (HARD to see).

Can anyone advice on how they manage the quality of scanned documents specially when the notary certified version is clear?

Much appreciated!
Use the app called IlovePDF. It worked for me!

Goodluck!!!

LSC

Dec 3, 2017
Hello All,
i chose this Forum because this is the first months applicants could apply online
I want to apply now but I am Torn between online application vs paper
anyone who applied online is getting AOR between 5-6 Months vs AOR for paper 3-4 months but i was hoping the process online is faster after receiving the AOR , so hopefully people applied in december can give me an insight to where you are in the process now ? would you recommend me to apply online or through paper/xpress post ?

Another topic what kind of document would be needed to do urgent processing application ?
Thank you so much

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello All,
i chose this Forum because this is the first months applicants could apply online
I want to apply now but I am Torn between online application vs paper
anyone who applied online is getting AOR between 5-6 Months vs AOR for paper 3-4 months but i was hoping the process online is faster after receiving the AOR , so hopefully people applied in december can give me an insight to where you are in the process now ? would you recommend me to apply online or through paper/xpress post ?

Another topic what kind of document would be needed to do urgent processing application ?
Thank you so much
It depends. IRCC might have spent a good amount of money on building the infrastructure required for online applications so even though there are delays for AOR, it might be better in the long run but I am not sure. So, its up to you.

For Urgent Processing, documents required depend on the reason as to why you are applying for Urgent processing.

LSC

Dec 3, 2017
It depends. IRCC might have spent a good amount of money on building the infrastructure required for online applications so even though there are delays for AOR, it might be better in the long run but I am not sure. So, its up to you.

For Urgent Processing, documents required depend on the reason as to why you are applying for Urgent processing.
Thank you , i saw online there are reasons like work , what kind of document exactly is needed please?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, I actually have the same question. I have many UAE stamps on my passport and if you notice the whole stamp is in Arabic but there are 2 english words "UAE" and "Entry/Exit". I was thinking maybe this is sufficient but I could be wrong.
Note- I am yet to apply and am just getting ready. So if there are other applicants that have visited or lived in the UAE before, appreciate your response to this. Thank you
UAE visa, entry/exit stamps you don't need translations. Neither did I get visa/stamps translated from Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Germany, Netherlands
I did have couple of Saudi visit visas, entry/exit stamps which I got translated/certified. For this I used https://www.docsbase.ca/

Reactions: kari1133

thetechgirl

Aug 14, 2018
Hey guys! I received my invitation for the citizenship test last week and I finally gave the test yesterday. Successfully passed the test and now I'm wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for the test to be validated and confirmed on the online portal? Also, any idea how long's the wait between the citizenship test and oath ceremony for online applicants like us?

Application date - December 19th 2020
Processing office - Winnipeg
Applied from BC
AOR - March 2020
Background verification - completed
citizenship ceremony - not started
everything else is in progress

Last edited:
Reactions: vg1989

vg1989

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
I called CIC today and they confirmed my processing office is Scarborough. Given that the amount of workload Scarborough office has, it might be a long wait ahead before I get the test invitation.

Is there any Dec 2020 online applicant who received the test invitation from Scarborough office recently (in last 1 month or so)?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Congratulations @rajkamalmohanram on the successful completion of your citizenship journey (I saw your oath was slated for today). I think I speak for many when I say all your invaluable help and support are greatly appreciated on this forum. I wish you all the very best in your future endeavours and I hope you continue to offer your valuable insights.

Cheers
Thanks a lot, much appreciated :) . I'm glad I was of help!

maxkram

Apr 14, 2016
Hey guys! I received my invitation for the citizenship test last week and I finally gave the test yesterday. Successfully passed the test and now I'm wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for the test to be validated and confirmed on the online portal? Also, any idea how long's the wait between the citizenship test and oath ceremony for online applicants like us?

Application date - December 19th 2020
Processing office - Winnipeg
Applied from BC
AOR - March 2020
Background verification - completed
citizenship ceremony - not started
everything else is in progress
2 days

Reactions: thetechgirl

thetechgirl

Aug 14, 2018
Great, thanks! I can confirm the online portal was updated to test completed yesterday. @LunaM did you get your test invite btw?

Another question - has anyone besides the first batch gotten their oath ceremony invitation? How long did it take after the test to receive oath invitation?

LunaM

Dec 28, 2017
Great, thanks! I can confirm the online portal was updated to test completed yesterday. @LunaM did you get your test invite btw?

Another question - has anyone besides the first batch gotten their oath ceremony invitation? How long did it take after the test to receive oath invitation?
I didn't. OMG I am so worried now. I just want to cry