+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
I just checked my online application right now, it says “Updated: August 6th, 2021” (today), but all the statuses are still the same - everything in progresss, except for test and citizenship which are still “Not Started”. I wonder what might be going on hmm.
Your background check will show "completed" the next day.

Congratulations!!!

Reactions: thatguyoverthere

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Ah yes, about time. Thank you!

Question tho, for online applicants - after background check shows completed, do we get invited for test right away or that’s another waiting game?
I doubt if it will be right away.....but never say ever to IRCC.

I am an online applicant. BG was completed on July 15. I am not even expecting the test invite any time earlier than Nov 15 (this is based on other applicants with BG completed to test invite timeline). But as I mentioned, anything is possible with IRCC.

Let the wait continue!!!

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
I doubt if it will be right away.....but never say ever to IRCC.

I am an online applicant. BG was completed on July 15. I am not even expecting the test invite any time earlier than Nov 15 (this is based on other applicants with BG completed to test invite timeline). But as I mentioned, anything is possible with IRCC.

Let the wait continue!!!
Very good point you’ve made. You’re right about IRCC being very ‘spontaneous’ haha all we can do is hope for the best. Thanks again for your insights and hope you get your test invitation VERY soon! :)

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I found that I'm able to see the application details by opening the developer tools in Google Chrome and going to the network tab before loading the citizenship application confirmation page. There is some information that could give a hint to the application status there.

Below are some interesting fields from my application. I removed some information that could specifically identify my application. These fields also show the date and time of when I started filling my application and when I submitted it. All date and time is in the GMT time zone.

JSON:
"timeStamp":"2020-12-17T<removed>",
         "meta":{
            "date":"2020-12-11T<removed>",
            "uid":"<removed>",
            "app_name":"IRCC_CIT",
            "app_version":"1.0.2",
            "data_quality":"valid",
            "uuid":"<removed>",
            "last_modified":"2020-12-11T<removed>"
         },
"store":{
            "appState":{
               "applicationSubmissionErrorsArray":[

],
               "canAccessSubmitPage":true,
               "readStamp":<removed>,
               "url":"/en/review",
               "visited_review_page":true,
               "applicationSubmissionComplete":false
            },
For each document attached to the application the following status is available:
JSON:
"uploadedToGCMSStatus":false,
I'm wondering what would the status be if the applications received AOR and/or are in progress.

This is where you can see the information in Google Chrome:

To convert the information to an easier format to read you can use the website: https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/

I do not recommend sharing all the application information as it contains a lot of personal identifiable information, but it would be useful to share the information that could indicate the application status in this system.
Good find. Applicants might find this useful!

Reactions: dersonc

Benito2

Aug 11, 2021
Try disabling your VPN if you have one and try again.
Can you only apply from a Canadian IP with no VPN?
Site is not loading for me, currently not in Canada or the US. I asked my friend in Canada to try to open and they page also loaded blank.
Any guidance would be appreciated. thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Can you only apply from a Canadian IP with no VPN?
Site is not loading for me, currently not in Canada or the US. I asked my friend in Canada to try to open and they page also loaded blank.
Any guidance would be appreciated. thanks!
When I opened it on Chrome, I got a blank page. When I tried it to open from an incognito window, it opens just fine.

https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/

The sure shot way to go about this is clear all cookies and the browser cache and try opening the link again. Or, open it on incognito (Chrome) /private window (Firefox).

And yes, these sites don't work when VPN is enabled AFAIK.

clone12345

Oct 14, 2018
Been a long time since I posted. Mailed in my wife application for citizenship on December 5, 2020. Below is how her application is progressing:

Mar 2, 2021
Application filed

May 12, 2021
Background verification activity status updated
Background verification

Jul 22, 2021
Citizenship test activity status updated
Citizenship test

Jul 30, 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test
Citizenship test

Aug 11, 2021
Citizen test completed

renesa05

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife received AOR today for her online application submitted on March 9,2021. Though she is unable to create profile in new Tracker. Getting incorrect Uci or application number error. Does anyone know any solution to it or does she have to wait a certain amount of time to create profile after AOR?

Reactions: Zabooster

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
My wife received AOR today for her online application submitted on March 9,2021. Though she is unable to create profile in new Tracker. Getting incorrect Uci or application number error. Does anyone know any solution to it or does she have to wait a certain amount of time to create profile after AOR?
I think she has to wait at least 24 hours before creating profile.
Can you share her details under March forum too. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/march-2021-citizenship-applications.723492/page-53

What time did she get AOR? I am march 8th and waiting. Crossed fingers.