+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
Called IRCC sometime ago. Certificate is printed and signed. Currently at Montreal office (my processing office). Depending on availability it will be mailed out; no approximate time given. The tracker still says 'in progress', so my guess is it will change to 'completed' when they will process the certificate for mailing out or mail it.
Tracker status is now - closed, with a congratulations message :) :) Let's see when the certificate arrives

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
HI,

Can someone send me the link where you submit the webform and , can you also send the format and what information i need to provide when sybmitting webform.

Thanks,

Emenaik007

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Hello all, below is the email that I got today. Can anyone advise me on this? did anyone get this type of email.

In order to continue processing your application for Canadian citizenship, we require the following documents and/or information:

PASSPORT GAP

There is a gap in the validity period of the passport covering the (5) years immediately before the date of the application.

Please provide an explanation why the passport does not cover the entire period of time – 2015/12/18 through 2016/05/04, and whether you traveled outside Canada during that period. Please provide a scan of any travel documents you held during the relevant period.

Please send the requested information, and a copy of this email, to the address at the bottom of this email.

You must submit the documents and/or information requested within 60 days from the date of this email. It is important to be aware that the Citizenship Act contains provisions to treat your application as abandoned if you do not contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) with a reasonable explanation for not providing the information requested within the deadline established for any item(s) required. It is therefore very important that you contact CIC if you cannot gather the required information within this timeframe.

Please note: Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by the English or French translation; and an affidavit from the person who completed the translation.

· An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.

· Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

· Translations by family members are not acceptable. Family member is defined as being a: parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew and first cousin.

The requirement to provide additional information or evidence when requested can be found in section 23.1 of the Citizenship Act.

If you have any questions regarding the processing of your citizenship application, or if you will not be able to provide the information within 60 days of this notice, please contact the CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.

Thank you,

Citizenship Official

J MacLeod

Citizenship Program (Grants)
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
P.O. Box 12000
Sydney NS B1P 7C2

Amirfarhad

May 21, 2021
Hi guys,

I called IRCC today and they said that there is no difference and priority for issuance AOR between online and paper applications.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello all, below is the email that I got today. Can anyone advise me on this? did anyone get this type of email.

In order to continue processing your application for Canadian citizenship, we require the following documents and/or information:

PASSPORT GAP

There is a gap in the validity period of the passport covering the (5) years immediately before the date of the application.

Please provide an explanation why the passport does not cover the entire period of time – 2015/12/18 through 2016/05/04, and whether you traveled outside Canada during that period. Please provide a scan of any travel documents you held during the relevant period.

Please send the requested information, and a copy of this email, to the address at the bottom of this email.

You must submit the documents and/or information requested within 60 days from the date of this email. It is important to be aware that the Citizenship Act contains provisions to treat your application as abandoned if you do not contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) with a reasonable explanation for not providing the information requested within the deadline established for any item(s) required. It is therefore very important that you contact CIC if you cannot gather the required information within this timeframe.

Please note: Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by the English or French translation; and an affidavit from the person who completed the translation.

· An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.

· Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

· Translations by family members are not acceptable. Family member is defined as being a: parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew and first cousin.

The requirement to provide additional information or evidence when requested can be found in section 23.1 of the Citizenship Act.

If you have any questions regarding the processing of your citizenship application, or if you will not be able to provide the information within 60 days of this notice, please contact the CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.

Thank you,

Citizenship Official

J MacLeod

Citizenship Program (Grants)
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
P.O. Box 12000
Sydney NS B1P 7C2
Well, I've not seen this format of the request before but I think the officer is simply trying to understand why there is a gap in the validity of the passport.

If you simply did not renew your passport because you didn't have any plans of travel, just mention that. This shouldn't be an issue.

Good luck!

Apr 13, 2015
Anyone who applied in January 2021 and still waiting for AOR ?. Looks like paper applicants are getting faster. I submitted webform last week and they said it is still under process and once application is reviewed by the officer then I will get AOR. is this normal ?