+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

newuser1234

Jun 17, 2019
Hi - When you applied online did you get an application submission email from IRCC confirming that your application is submitted and to wait for AOR ?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi - When you applied online did you get an application submission email from IRCC confirming that your application is submitted and to wait for AOR ?
That feature was released in March 2021, so December-February did not get any emails.

Last edited:

newuser1234

Jun 17, 2019
Thanks - Do you think people who received that email after applying online are safe as to getting their online applications processed? Lot of folks from Jan, Feb, March are still waiting for their AORs (who applied online). I am just worried looking at the delays and hearing mixed reviews regarding online applications. I applied last week and can see find your eligibility link on the website.

yxl_yyz

Feb 12, 2021
That's what I was wondering about. The overall application status is still "In Progress", even though everything is marked as "Completed".
I just called IRCC to see if my citizenship certificate has been mailed out. She told me it hasn't yet, and they will mail it once it's printed out. So it's not even printed out yet. My guess is if the status tracker gives you the congratulations message that's when they print it out. That's just my guess.

Reactions: sg02

Grassquit

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
No email but a after submission a webpage came up that said pretty much that:
"You successfully submitted your application!
What’s next
We’ll review your application to make sure you provided all of the information we asked for
uploaded all required documents
paid the fees
If your application is complete , we’ll start processing your application
send you a confirmation email (acknowledgement of receipt or AOR)
It can take some time before you receive the AOR. Check your email regularly to see if you’ve received it."

Nikola10

Feb 18, 2021
Is there anyone who completed test in Mid March then heard nothing after that , I mean their application status portal shows everything is in processing and only test status shows as completed in march or before

pokemongo

Aug 12, 2016
it appears like AOR for online application is about six months ?.
whereas paper applicants receive AOR in 2 months approx.

is my observation same?.

pokemongo

Aug 12, 2016
what is AOR time period for online applicants?.
i was looking at 2021 excel tracker. i only see Jan applicants now getting AOR. so it like 6 months.

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
I just called IRCC to see if my citizenship certificate has been mailed out. She told me it hasn't yet, and they will mail it once it's printed out. So it's not even printed out yet. My guess is if the status tracker gives you the congratulations message that's when they print it out. That's just my guess.
Any update on the certificate?

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
I have an update just today on my tracker and then I called IRCC - the agent said it has been approved ( citizenship) but I did not receive any emails from IRCC for the oath or something. Anyone had the same experience?

• Language skills
    Completed
  • Physical presence
    Completed
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
  • Background verification
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    Completed
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started