+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Dec 4, 2020
I don't know if you got the AoR, but if you already got the AoR and then canceled your paper application........ no comment ......., because a lot of people are struggling to get an AoR after the application online i'am one of those.
Application online are still in test .....
I had AOR but that really meant nothing. Hopefully you get it soon!

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
@rajkamalmohanram, I don't know if you have admin access to the spreadsheet but I think it's time the spreadsheet is tweaked a bit to be more meaningful. With the advent of online testing and online application, the spreadsheet has become a tad cumbersome with lots of missing columnn, non-uniform data etc. As someone that works with data a lot, I think data should be inter-operable and comparable to provide meaningful insights and statistical analysis. While some parameters like "AOR", "Test Invite date" and "Oath Ceremony" still have value; others like "in process", "decision made" etc has been rendered obsolete by the new status tracker. For instance, what does "in process" means? Is is when the one of check has been started or when all has been started, when one of one or all of the checks have been completed?

I believe this is something that should be look into so that everyone analysing the spreadsheet effectively communicate in a universal language everyone understands.

Thanks.

Reactions: Emenaik007

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram, I don't know if you have admin access to the spreadsheet but I think it's time the spreadsheet is tweaked a bit to be more meaningful. With the advent of online testing and online application, the spreadsheet has become a tad cumbersome with lots of missing columnn, non-uniform data etc. As someone that works with data a lot, I think data should be inter-operable and comparable to provide meaningful insights and statistical analysis. While some parameters like "AOR", "Test Invite date" and "Oath Ceremony" still have value; others like "in process", "decision made" etc has been rendered obsolete by the new status tracker. For instance, what does "in process" means? Is is when the one of check has been started or when all has been started, when one of one or all of the checks have been completed?

I believe this is something that should be look into so that everyone analysing the spreadsheet effectively communicate in a universal language everyone understands.

Thanks.
I can add entries to the sheet but I have no access to /add/remove/edit columns. The sheet owner should be able to do that.

You might want to connect with the owner of the sheet at cacitizenship@gmail.com and let them know.

The problem with this approach is that we'd have to get the data from everyone by personally DMing them and adding it to the sheet. That is not possible given the number of applicants we have. I'd recommend we leave the 2020 sheet be as it is and update the 2021 sheet to reflect this change.

Reactions: Mexontario

veb

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga/ ND
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
AOR Received.
Aug 4, 2014
File Transfer...
Jul 28, 2014 / IP: Nov 12, 2014
Med's Done....
Apr 24, 2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Jan 12, 2015/ DM Jan 14
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 16, 2015
LANDED..........
April 22, 2015
I can add entries to the sheet but I have no access to /add/remove/edit columns. The sheet owner should be able to do that.

You might want to connect with the owner of the sheet at cacitizenship@gmail.com and let them know.

The problem with this approach is that we'd have to get the data from everyone by personally DMing them and adding it to the sheet. That is not possible given the number of applicants we have. I'd recommend we leave the 2020 sheet be as it is and update the 2021 sheet to reflect this change.
@rajkamalmohanram, can you please add my entry into spreadsheet

Citizenship application: Single (wife application)
TWP Presence: 0 days
PR Presence: 1394 days
Online Application Sent: Dec 31, 2020
AOR: May 07, 2021
Test invite: Waiting

Thanks!

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
Called IRCC for citizenship inquiry, pushed those numbers
i'am getting always the message that's no agent is available for to answer to my call, asking me to call back later.
Application made in December and still no AoR.
try this IRCC 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) choose applicable options -> (1, 3, 4, 0)
If it asks to call back later, disconnect and call again immediately (try 2-3 times it will connect)

gg_yyz

May 20, 2021
Received the official oath invitation via email this afternoon (online tracker updated last Friday)
Amazing, wondering if your invite email also asked to get both PR card and COPR? The CIC website mentions "or" but the invite pdf for some people seems to mention "and" for the oath.

Does anyone know if COPR is mandatory to bring for oath if you have the PR card?

@CCAI2021 @simons @parassachapara @yxl_yyz @Transylvanian @moekat93 @vijaychandu31 @Prakamal @sg02 @zkqxcv

Last edited:

brunostephan

Apr 13, 2021
Thanks you so much guys for this information, now i'am thinking about the opposite of many of you, i'am thinking about making a paper application as my I still don't have no AoR and the receipt of 630$ is valid only for a certain number of months.

brunostephan

Apr 13, 2021
I still don't understand, why even we pay tree times more the application fees if we compare with Australia, new-Zealand. The citizenship applications are still processed very slowly.
Why ? normally the law is clear, you lived in Canada tree years on five, you are entitled to citizenship.

kc_s008

May 13, 2014
Which one is better way for applying for Citizenship?

My options:

1) Applying online for me and my wife and Paper for my son.

2) Applying in paper for all of us.

Thanks

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I still don't understand, why even we pay tree times more the application fees if we compare with Australia, new-Zealand. The citizenship applications are still processed very slowly.
Why ? normally the law is clear, you lived in Canada tree years on five, you are entitled to citizenship.
What other countries charge for their citizenship processing fees is not relevant to what Canada does. They have nothing to do with each other.

We are not entitled to Canadian citizenship in anyway, shape, or form. We are permitted to apply for citizenship once we meet the physical presence requirements, but it does not mean we will be granted citizenship.

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I'm not aware of any extant law that states you are entitled to a Canadian citizenship. There is a reason it's called "grant" of citizenship.

brunostephan

Apr 13, 2021
Hi again, I was in the phone with the IRCC call center, the agent told me that's currently no one know what's are the period of time before to issue an AoR or the duration for to asses an application.
I told him that's in the website, it's says clearly which period application they are opening and the period application that's they are assessing, he told me, the informations available in the website aren't correct ..............

brunostephan

Apr 13, 2021
I'm not aware of any extant law that states you are entitled to a Canadian citizenship. There is a reason it's called "grant" of citizenship.
The grant of citizenship isn't like a naturalization ..... it's has a clear criteria and when you fulfill the criteria, you are entitled to citizenship, the grant of citizenship in Canada is an entitlement procedure, if you match the criteria (no conviction, tree years of residency etc.... you are entitled to the citizenship