+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
The grant of citizenship isn't like a naturalization ..... it's has a clear criteria and when you fulfill the criteria, you are entitled to citizenship, the grant of citizenship in Canada is an entitlement procedure, if you match the criteria (no conviction, tree years of residency etc.... you are entitled to the citizenship
That is incorrect. Much like a job, you can apply, but you are not guaranteed citizenship just because you meet the criteria.
Amazing, wondering if your invite email also asked to get both PR card and COPR? The CIC website mentions "or" but the invite pdf for some people seems to mention "and" for the oath.

Does anyone know if COPR is mandatory to bring for oath if you have the PR card?

@CCAI2021 @simons @parassachapara @yxl_yyz @Transylvanian @moekat93 @vijaychandu31 @Prakamal @sg02 @zkqxcv
When you get the invite to the oath it’ll tell you what you need. Most people only need their PR card. They ask for your COPR if you got your pr before a certain date. I think it was 2005, I can’t remember the exact date, but it wasn’t within the last 10 years.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

yxl_yyz

Feb 12, 2021
Amazing, wondering if your invite email also asked to get both PR card and COPR? The CIC website mentions "or" but the invite pdf for some people seems to mention "and" for the oath.

Does anyone know if COPR is mandatory to bring for oath if you have the PR card?

@CCAI2021 @simons @parassachapara @yxl_yyz @Transylvanian @moekat93 @vijaychandu31 @Prakamal @sg02 @zkqxcv
In the invitation I got, it says PR card AND COPR (yes, they even put "and" in bold). So I'm assuming that we will need that.

Salbahe

May 20, 2021
HI! Sorry I know this thread is for applications submitted online in December. I was reading thru the thread and seems like most people who submitted online in December got their AOR in 60ish days. I submitted February 20, 2021(online) and haven't received anything yet. Is this normal?

simons

Star Member
May 10, 2019
HI! Sorry I know this thread is for applications submitted online in December. I was reading thru the thread and seems like most people who submitted online in December got their AOR in 60ish days. I submitted February 20, 2021(online) and haven't received anything yet. Is this normal?
Definitely it is normal for your case. For some online applicants on December 2020,they are still struggling for getting theirs AOR

Reactions: Salbahe

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
In the invitation I got, it says PR card AND COPR (yes, they even put "and" in bold). So I'm assuming that we will need that.
Interesting, they must have changed this. When I got the invite in Jan, it said this:

Record of Landing (IMM 1000) if you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002.

I wonder if they had problems with just using the PR cards. Thanks for sharing this.

saad1111

May 21, 2018
Application sent: Dec 7th, 2020
Days in Canada: 1102
AOR: 11th Feb
Test invite: 24th Feb
Test completed and passed: 1st March
Interview invite: 23rd March
Interview date: 31st March

No update since then, I live in Ajax Ontario but I have received interview invite from Montreal based on the timelines I see most of the people have received the oath don’t know what happened in my case as, my file showing updated 23rd April, its an online application, can anybody suggest anything as I spoke to an agent on Friday and was told to wait as the officer haven’t updated the interview details. I was asked to provide the consent for interview and passport copy, which was all provided as required before the interview.

Physical Presence: In Progress
Background check: In Progress
Prohibition check: in Progress
Criminality: In Progress
Language: Complete
Citizenship Test: Complete
Oath: Not started

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Application sent: Dec 7th, 2020
Days in Canada: 1102
AOR: 11th Feb
Test invite: 24th Feb
Test completed and passed: 1st March
Interview invite: 23rd March
Interview date: 31st March

No update since then, I live in Ajax Ontario but I have received interview invite from Montreal based on the timelines I see most of the people have received the oath don’t know what happened in my case as, my file showing updated 23rd April, its an online application, can anybody suggest anything as I spoke to an agent on Friday and was told to wait as the officer haven’t updated the interview details. I was asked to provide the consent for interview and passport copy, which was all provided as required before the interview.

Physical Presence: In Progress
Background check: In Progress
Prohibition check: in Progress
Criminality: In Progress
Language: Complete
Citizenship Test: Complete
Oath: Not started
I've added you to the tracker. Could you please provide the following information so that the information is complete?

Date your application went to IP
Date you received your test invitation

Thanks.

saad1111

May 21, 2018
I've added you to the tracker. Could you please provide the following information so that the information is complete?

Date your application went to IP
Date you received your test invitation

Thanks.
It's an online application so I was not able to know when it went to in process as I was not able to access e-cas. and for the test invite it was received on 24th Feb the time to complete the test was from 1st to 22nd March and for interview invite received on 17th March and was interviewed o 31st March

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

sandyhere12

Apr 9, 2019
Hi Guys, was wandering if this thread is only for online applicants? I have sent my paper based application on dec 15th and was received on 21st. Received AOR on March 2nd, no more updates from then. Anyone who's in the similar timeframe? Thanks