+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Dec 4, 2020
I have officially withdrawn my paper application today which was submitted in August 2020.

Now, I am reapplying online and would appreciate any pointers from people who have submitted their application online recently.

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
I got that part right in the attachment. My email body has typing mistakes, so I was wondering if your email asks you to reply for confirming that you will attend the oath or to give any consent for the video recording during the oath. I'm not sure if you took the interview, but the interview invitation email required a reply (before the interview) for consent.
Yes the confirmation was required for Interview but it is not required for Oath email, by default its accepted. However if you are unavailable on the oath day for the required 3 hour slot, then you need to reply on that email and inform about not not attending the ceremony (with reason).

Kamalpreet_28

Jul 26, 2018
Yes the confirmation was required for Interview but it is not required for Oath email, by default its accepted. However if you are unavailable on the oath day for the required 3 hour slot, then you need to reply on that email and inform about not not attending the ceremony (with reason).
Yes this is correct
It says in the email that ircc will take images and record video of you during oath ceremony and i quote " Please advise IRCC (by sending a message to this e-mail address) if you do not consent to these uses" so if you don't consent then only you need to reply to the email otherwise you don't have to do anything just attend it.

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
Yes this is correct
It says in the email that ircc will take images and record video of you during oath ceremony and i quote " Please advise IRCC (by sending a message to this e-mail address) if you do not consent to these uses" so if you don't consent then only you need to reply to the email otherwise you don't have to do anything just attend it.
Thank you for the answers :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have officially withdrawn my paper application today which was submitted in August 2020.

Now, I am reapplying online and would appreciate any pointers from people who have submitted their application online recently.
I think this was a terrible idea but hey, it is your application. You'll lose 9 months of progress and the entire processing fee.

You might want to join this thread and discuss with them for pointers for your online application.

Good luck.

brunostephan

Apr 13, 2021
Called IRCC for citizenship inquiry, pushed those numbers
i'am getting always the message that's no agent is available for to answer to my call, asking me to call back later.
Application made in December and still no AoR.

Kamalpreet_28

Jul 26, 2018
Called IRCC for citizenship inquiry, pushed those numbers
i'am getting always the message that's no agent is available for to answer to my call, asking me to call back later.
Application made in December and still no AoR.
I would suggest you too rather than calling submit a webform request because the agent can only tell you the status but cannot do any changes but if you submit the ircc webform it goes directly to the processing facility

Reactions: brunostephan

brunostephan

Apr 13, 2021
Forget to say that's before getting the message saying that's I can't speak with an agent, there's a bunch of advertisement.
I understand also somethings another, is that's applications are handled by local IRCCs agencies (mostly the nearest agent to your address) even if they send it to the same address or same website.
Finally i'am noting that's applications from the west, mainly Alberta and BC are processed to much faster than east (Ontario and Quebec)

brunostephan

Apr 13, 2021
I would suggest you too rather than calling submit a webform request because the agent can only tell you the status but cannot do any changes but if you submit the ircc webform it goes directly to the processing facility
Thank you, you are right, it's just, i'am little tired, because in the past, I had to send some webforms for another matter (another federal agency) and ..... never got an answer.... as I see here some people get an answer but some another get generic answer and after waiting a while.
Anyway, we pay the citizenship application tree times more expansive than new Zealand or Australia, I really don't understand why it's so slow.

simons

Star Member
May 10, 2019

are you lost your mind? why you do that ? I totally can not understand

Reactions: JHT
Dec 4, 2020
I think this was a terrible idea but hey, it is your application. You'll lose 9 months of progress and the entire processing fee.

You might want to join this thread and discuss with them for pointers for your online application.

Good luck.
Thanks for sharing the thread. I have now applied online and requested urgent processing through webform. Yes, I did lose $530 but I personally don't think paper applications have much future given IRCC is focused on upgrading systems and moving everything online.
I just wanna be in the right queue when it happens. I could be wrong but nothing to lose either ways.
are you lost your mind? why you do that ? I totally can not understand
We'll see lol

brunostephan

Apr 13, 2021
Thanks for sharing the thread. I have now applied online and requested urgent processing through webform. Yes, I did lose $530 but I personally don't think paper applications have much future given IRCC is focused on upgrading systems and moving everything online.
I just wanna be in the right queue when it happens. I could be wrong but nothing to lose either ways.

We'll see lol
I don't know if you got the AoR, but if you already got the AoR and then canceled your paper application........ no comment ......., because a lot of people are struggling to get an AoR after the application online i'am one of those.
Application online are still in test .....

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

We'll see lol
You're welcome.

Abandoning paper applications isn't happening IMO because there are far too many people that are waiting. I see that applicants as far as September 2020 have received test invites (non-urgent paper applicants). The test invite delay might also be because of your local office.

Anyway, can't change anything now because you have already cancelled the processing on your paper application.

Please keep us posted on the progress of your application (and also let us know if your urgent processing request is accepted).

All the best.

Dec 4, 2020
You're welcome.

Abandoning paper applications isn't happening IMO because there are far too many people that are waiting. I see that applicants as far as September 2020 have received test invites (non-urgent paper applicants). The test invite delay might also be because of your local office.

Anyway, can't change anything now because you have already cancelled the processing on your paper application.

Please keep us posted on the progress of your application (and also let us know if your urgent processing request is accepted).

All the best.
I never said abandon, they just seem to move slow and who knows with the new technology, they will be more focused on delivering online applications as they will be lot more easier for them to handle too. Again, it's my speculation and where I am placing my bets. I hope everyone's application is processed fast - paper or online.

And will do.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram