+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

simons

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Wow! How do we then interpret this?

For the Language skills, Physical presence, Background verification, and Prohibitions to still be "in progress" and the applicant gets a test invite which moves to "completed" after the Citizenship test is written. Does this mean that they didn't complete the preliminary things (Language skills, Physical presence, Background verification, and Prohibitions) before moving to the test invite?

Also, does receiving AOR really mean that someone has passed the preliminary screening of Language skills, Physical presence, Background verification, and Prohibitions?

@simons, @CCAI2021, @yxl_yyz, and anyone can please share their opinion!
I don’t know. For my case although I finished interview on April 14. the language skill, physical presence and prohibitions are still in processing.

yxl_yyz

Feb 12, 2021
Wow! How do we then interpret this?

For the Language skills, Physical presence, Background verification, and Prohibitions to still be "in progress" and the applicant gets a test invite which moves to "completed" after the Citizenship test is written. Does this mean that they didn't complete the preliminary things (Language skills, Physical presence, Background verification, and Prohibitions) before moving to the test invite?

Also, does receiving AOR really mean that someone has passed the preliminary screening of Language skills, Physical presence, Background verification, and Prohibitions?

@simons, @CCAI2021, @yxl_yyz, and anyone can please share their opinion!
In my case, looking at the complete timeline. Application received - test invite - test completed - background verification completed (about 2 weeks after test completion) - interview - physical presence, language and prohibitions completed the day of my interview.

I'd say if you get an interview request, the officer will confirm your physical presence and language eligibility (and MAYBE prohibitions, i'm not sure.)

Reactions: Rijo02

simons

Star Member
May 10, 2019
In my case, looking at the complete timeline. Application received - test invite - test completed - background verification completed (about 2 weeks after test completion) - interview - physical presence, language and prohibitions completed the day of my interview.

I'd say if you get an interview request, the officer will confirm your physical presence and language eligibility (and MAYBE prohibitions, i'm not sure.)
Maybe you at right . During my interview, the office told me IRCC have not received my fingerprints result , so she can not give me decision made.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
I just called IRCC about My application, The agent help me to check the file, and said my application is complete. and let me wait email to oath. She also said the status online is not real time status.
Not surprised as my PR application status was still showing in progress or so 5 months after I have landed.

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Is there anybody here who applied online in Dec 2020 for citizenship and has moved to a next step? I applied successfully and am still waiting on an AOR (May 11, 2021).

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there anybody here who applied online in Dec 2020 for citizenship and has moved to a next step? I applied successfully and am still waiting on an AOR (May 11, 2021).
What does it show in New status app? Any of the 6 items shown as In Progress?

Grassquit

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
What does it show in New status app? Any of the 6 items shown as In Progress?
I don't believe you can use the new tracker (or the old for that matter) until after AOR since that's when you get the application number that's required to register for the tracker

asign711: yes, most of the online apps from Dec 2020 have received AOR; I think there are 2 outstanding on the forum tracker from the very end of the month

Reactions: asing711

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't believe you can use the new tracker (or the old for that matter) until after AOR since that's when you get the application number that's required to register for the tracker

asign711: yes, most of the online apps from Dec 2020 have received AOR; I think there are 2 outstanding on the forum tracker from the very end of the month
I misread asign711's comment. I thought they got AOR today.

Reactions: Grassquit

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017

Thank you very much. Can you guide me to this tracker please?

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Hi Guys,

What do you make out of this, what does RANDOMLY SELECTED mean while applying for Online citizenship?
"
At this time, you can only apply online if

• you’re randomly selected
  • you’re eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship (opens in a new tab)
  • you have a valid email address
  • you’re between 18 to 54 years of age when you submit your online application
  • you’re applying for yourself only (not with your family)
  • you do not have a representative(opens in a new tab)
  • in your physical presence calculation (opens in a new tab) , you do not include time spent outside Canada as a
    • Crown servant (opens in a new tab) or,
    • family member of a Crown servant"
Link: Apply for citizenship: How to apply - Canada.ca

Kamalpreet_28

Jul 26, 2018
Hi fellow applicants,
I want to share my timeline here since now I'm able to track my application with the new tracker
Applied Dec 14 2020
Aor Mar 22 2021
Fingerprint request Apr 9
Online test invite Apr 13
Test completed Apr 23
Background status completed May 6
Physical presence, language, prohibition status completed May 11
Also i didn't do any interview it just got completed without it.
Now citizenship ceremony says "NOT STARTED"
do you guys have any idea how many months am i expecting to get the oath invite.
On the cic website they say they're finalizing applications from may 2019.
So maybe another year till i get the oath??

Last edited:
Reactions: yxl_yyz

simons

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Hi fellow applicants,
I want to share my timeline here since now I'm able to track my application with the new tracker
Applied Dec 14 2020
Aor Mar 22 2021
Fingerprint request Apr 9
Online test invite Apr 13
Test completed Apr 23
Background status completed May 6
Physical presence, language, prohibition status completed May 11
Also i didn't do any interview it just got completed without it.
Now citizenship ceremony says "NOT STARTED"
do you guys have any idea how many months am i expecting to get the oath invite.
On the cic website they say they're finalizing applications from may 2019.
So maybe another year till i get the oath??
IRCC updated the online tracking system on May 11 . 5 of 6 items for my application also became “Completed”