N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Hi did they check ur proof of English during the interview. Just curious. As I lost all my documents. I have soft copies of the documents but do not have any originals.
Yes they have asked me to show hard copy .. i added my ielts, transcripts, and degree. She just asked for only one of these and good to go

Reactions: varlam

ramyfathalla

Jan 20, 2010
Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 September 2015
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
3 september 2015
AOR Received.
3 December 2015
Med's Request
22 January 2016
Med's Done....
4 February 2016, M Rvd on e case 10 Feb 2016
Passport Req..
19 June 2017
VISA ISSUED...
6 July 2017
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hello nice Guys,
Application online: 27 Dec 2020
AOR: 26 April 2021
I wonder how to check my application status because after I got the AOR yesterday I tried to check but always says error and I am sure all information are right or I have to wait until get the exam invitation?

Reactions: dersonc

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Why you saying that ? We are trying to understand what’s happening !!!
I applied online by the way

Yes I know. But if you look at your posts, it's lacking some positivity for online applications. Or is this strategy a way to make it easy on yourself when it turns bad for online applicants?

The truth of the matter (and it has been discussed on this forum several times) is that neither the online nor paper application route is perfect....they are still limited by IRCC's style of processing. Ofcos, paper applicants get AOR faster which is expected as it was even stated on the IRCC website that urgent applicants shouldn't use the online route. Hence, the delay in receiving AOR for online applicants isn't unexpected.

My point is that you shouldn't single out online applications to be negatively impacted. Think about it, paper applicants that got AOR after 2 months, how many have received the Test Invite? So, apply some optimism, it will help us all.

I hope you understand! Cheers bud!

RR_11

Apr 13, 2020
so if online applications are delayed why are people considering it? Is there a benefit I am not seeing? I can't decide how to submit my application and need some help making the decision :(

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
so if online applications are delayed why are people considering it? Is there a benefit I am not seeing? I can't decide how to submit my application and need some help making the decision :(
It is okay to be indecisive on the route to choose for your application. Believe me, I was also surprised to see many March and April applicants use the online route whereas Jan and Feb online applicants have not received AOR's compared to their paper route counterparts.

As I mentioned in my previous post, neither the paper nor the online route is perfect. But having said that, I think people are still using the online route because more of the online applicants have received Test Invite after AOR compared to the paper applicants that have received AOR. In addition, it is easier to handle than the paper route (not a great pro!)

So, the big question is whether one prefers to get AOR faster without moving to the next stage for a long time than get AOR much later but subsequently receives faster processing. This was what we observed from the early Dec. online applicants. Nevertheless, will that continue? Who knows?

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
It is okay to be indecisive on the route to choose for your application. Believe me, I was also surprised to see many March and April applicants use the online route whereas Jan and Feb online applicants have not received AOR's compared to their paper route counterparts.

As I mentioned in my previous post, neither the paper nor the online route is perfect. But having said that, I think people are still using the online route because more of the online applicants have received Test Invite after AOR compared to the paper applicants that have received AOR. In addition, it is easier to handle than the paper route (not a great pro!)

So, the big question is whether one prefers to get AOR faster without moving to the next stage for a long time than get AOR much later but subsequently receives faster processing. This was what we observed from the early Dec. online applicants. Nevertheless, will that continue? Who knows?
While your points are interesting and valid, I think one of the understated and less discussed advantage of applying online is the rare likelihood of your application being returned for being incomplete. Admittedly, we have fewer data points to work with but I haven't heard of single online application being returned as incomplete while there are numerous returned paper application. I think this is one inherent advantage of the online route in that it doesn't let you submit unless all the documents are complete and are to specifications. A case is point is the recently discussed photo specification that even you were worried about and yet you got AOR while there are reports on this forum of applications being returned because of lack of photographs/not meeting specification.

In my opinion, I think the overall benefits of applying online far outweigh the risks (I know that sounds familiar in these COVID times).

Reactions: Rijo02

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
While your points are interesting and valid, I think one of the understated and less discussed advantage of applying online is the rare likelihood of your application being returned for being incomplete. Admittedly, we have fewer data points to work with but I haven't heard of single online application being returned as incomplete while there are numerous returned paper application. I think this is one inherent advantage of the online route in that it doesn't let you submit unless all the documents are complete and are to specifications. A case is point is the recently discussed photo specification that even you were worried about and yet you got AOR while there are reports on this forum of applications being returned because of lack of photographs/not meeting specification.

In my opinion, I think the overall benefits of applying online far outweigh the risks (I know that sounds familiar in these COVID times).
@mohoozee, what is your drink brand? I owe you that! You are too perfectly on point!

Reactions: namratha_s

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015

There’s no data to backup your claims that the hassle of slow AOR will be leveraged by a faster test invite, this has only happened to a handful of (lucky) applicants. The IRCC agents have stated that those applicants were part of a pilot where only 120 people were selected, so the average online applicant will not benefit from this fast track. I get you want people to remain positive, but calling out anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Your toxic positivity is not healthy at all.

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
There’s no data to backup your claims that the hassle of slow AOR will be leveraged by a faster test invite, this has only happened to a handful of (lucky) applicants. The IRCC agents have stated that those applicants were part of a pilot where only 120 people were selected, so the average online applicant will not benefit from this fast track. I get you want people to remain positive, but calling out anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Your toxic positivity is not healthy at all.
This is just Sad to see. @Rijo02 has not been advocating anything.. I never knew "Toxic Positivity" word existed! This is so wrong. @Rijo02 clearly mentioned at the end "This was what we observed from the early Dec. online applicants. Nevertheless, will that continue? Who knows? " I have seen his posts and others posts, no one has been advocating online applications even the ones who got DM. So why this negative connotation?

Guys please stop blaming each other, we all need to take a step back and gauge the situation and take informed decision what we individually think is best.

Reactions: Rijo02

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
@Coco7, did you just choose to repeat what I said but not put it on me that I am advocating faster test invite for online applicants?

Well, it's your choice. You have a right to it. But don't quote me wrongly, it's unfair and completely deters the goal of this forum. If you had read my post wrong, please do well to amend your post.

Good luck to the positive-minded who want to remain positive!

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Lol...... @Max00, do you really have anything against the online application? Or you just want to sound this way about it?
If you can’t see why this kind of response and mindset is problematic and doesn‘t really help other users there’s little I can do. But I still stand by my previous post, your toxic positivity does t help others in the forum, especially if you use it to try to shut others who "dare" to say anything negative about the online process

Last edited:
Reactions: Max00