+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

lemamita

Feb 1, 2017
Hi all, confirming - the system is already up and running and I submitted my citizenship application online today here https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/landing

Feel really fortunate since I got everything printed out and was about to mail it as paper based today but then learned about the online method last night (thanks to this forum!)

I DID NOT receive AOR right away. Below is the message I got in the end, if it helps:

You successfully submitted your application!

We’ll review your application to make sure you

• provided all of the information we asked for
  • uploaded all required documents
  • paid the fees
If your application is complete, we’ll

• start processing your application
  • send you a confirmation email (acknowledgement of receipt or AOR)
It can take some time before you receive the AOR. Check your email regularly to see if you’ve received it.

If we need more information from you, we’ll contact you by email. To avoid missing our emails

• check your junk or spam folder
  • look for messages from email addresses ending in “@cic.gc.ca”
Check your email regularly.

Check your application status

You can

What your application status means

Prepare for your citizenship test

While waiting for your application, you can start studying for your citizenship test .

When to contact us

While we process your application, contact us if

Contact us

Returning to your application

To return to your application and this page, sign in to your account .

• You can view, but not update your application.
  • If you need to update your application, contact us .
Hello,
I want to apply for Citizenship in May 2021. I am eligible for the online application. Based on your experience, do you recommend me to send my application online, or paper? Thank you

lemamita

Feb 1, 2017
Hello, I want to apply for Citizenship in May 2021 and I am eligible for online application. Based on your experience, do you recommend me to apply online or via paper?
Thank you

tammy_z

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
As per my reading, for the online application you need a digital photo(not a scanned photo).

In my case I went to the nearest Shoppers. It was a bit more expensive I guess: $30 + tax. They gave me 2 physical photos + 1 digital photo in a USB drive(they provided). They also gave a photo-card which had my photo, store details, details of when the photo was taken. I uploaded the digital photo + a pic I took of the photo-card with my phone. I was gonna upload the receipt pic, but then the photocard seemed better with all the details.

were the specs for the digital photo different?

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Hello,

I did not quite get what they want with the photos in this online form.

Do they want the digital file that comes from the photographers camera?

I got the printed photos with the stamp on the back (their address and date) as normally, as I did for the PR. Then decided to try it online, but is not allowed to:
  • - Scan the photo
  • - Take a picture of the picture using a smart phone.

And it is not clear what they mean by uploading a receipt and the photographer's address in txt, but I would assume this would go under additional documents.

Any tips of what to do with the picture? Take a thumb drive to the pthographer or ask it to be sent by email? They don't like to deviate much from their original service and frown upon new procedures and special requests.

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
were the specs for the digital photo different?
I took a pic of the digital photo specs on my phone and confirmed with the photographer before the photo. If you click the 'help' button next to the digital photo label, you will get the specs. At least at Shoppers the needed specs are the same as what they provide for 'photos for passport'.

@TommySan - check out the post right above yours. You can add the receipt pic or photocard pic(like in my case) in the same 'digital photo' section. It does allow more than 1 upload.

Reactions: TommySan

lemamita

Feb 1, 2017
Hello guys.

I appreciate all of your contributions, thank you so much.

I applied electronically in December and I still didn't receive any AOR (by post or email) or other proof that they are received my application ? is it normal ?
I applied December 18th 2020 online application and no AOR yet. I have sent countless web forms and they keep saying that the application cannot be found or does not exit.
Hello, I want to apply for Citizenship in May 2021 and I am eligible for online application. Based on your experience, do you recommend me to apply online or via paper?
Thank you

simons

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Hello,
I want to apply for Citizenship in May 2021. I am eligible for the online application. Based on your experience, do you recommend me to send my application online, or paper? Thank you
I suggest that you might apply on paper, as I am not sure if there is vacancy or not for Online pilot Program.

Emenaik007

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019

Matt007

Dec 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-12-2018
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Would anyone know how many days approximately does it take to see the application status online after AOR? Thanks
Applied online Dec 23
AOR April 13

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Would anyone know how many days approximately does it take to see the application status online after AOR? Thanks
Applied online Dec 23
AOR April 13
For online applicants, you need to send a "technical difficulties" web form to IRCC for them to fix it for you. You won't see your status online otherwise.