[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you think once an AOR is received there is any difference in the speed of processing between online and paper based? Would online have any advantage post AOR? Or is it too early to say? I am ready to apply and really wanted to submit online but now am hesitant due to some online applications not being found by call centre agents when people call. On the other hand I really am inclined towards online as it might be faster
I will be submitting online application for my spouse. My expectation is that overall process may take 3-4 weeks less for online application.

Those who got AOR took 70-80 days to get it, except few online applications which took ~60 days. More than 87% of November applicants have received AOR. I think ~50% of Dec'20 applicants will get AOR by month-end.

jansh

Star Member
Feb 16, 2021
Do you think once an AOR is received there is any difference in the speed of processing between online and paper based? Would online have any advantage post AOR? Or is it too early to say? I am ready to apply and really wanted to submit online but now am hesitant due to some online applications not being found by call centre agents when people call. On the other hand I really am inclined towards online as it might be faster

Wondering about the same thing myself.. Everything is ready, application filled in the online account and also PDFs ready for paper application, but cannot decide which way to go. I also am really inclined to take the online route for the same reason but reading this thread it doesn't feel that its much different in terms of speed as compared to paper. On the flip side, there's all this uncertainty and a (remote) possibility that things might fall through the crack since it's a new process.
I do feel that online process is more fool proof in terms of filling the application though, I feel more confident with it.

I don't think it's possible to say right now if there's any advantage of online application post AOR, probably need to wait a couple of months at least to know more.

simons

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Wondering about the same thing myself.. Everything is ready, application filled in the online account and also PDFs ready for paper application, but cannot decide which way to go. I also am really inclined to take the online route for the same reason but reading this thread it doesn't feel that its much different in terms of speed as compared to paper. On the flip side, there's all this uncertainty and a (remote) possibility that things might fall through the crack since it's a new process.
I do feel that online process is more fool proof in terms of filling the application though, I feel more confident with it.

I don't think it's possible to say right now if there's any advantage of online application post AOR, probably need to wait a couple of months at least to know more.
Please Submit your application by Papers. Don't do it online

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Please Submit your application by Papers. Don't do it online
I think i agree with this statement. The only incentive to do it online was to avoid the absurd months and months wait for AOR's during the onset of the pandemic. Now it seems that AOR's are back on track more or less e.g December apps are receiving AOR's. Please feel free to weigh in or correct me if im wrong.

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
I think i agree with this statement. The only incentive to do it online was to avoid the absurd months and months wait for AOR's during the onset of the pandemic. Now it seems that AOR's are back on track more or less e.g December apps are receiving AOR's. Please feel free to weigh in or correct me if im wrong.
I cant find the link on cic website to apply online anymore. Is that the case with others too? I applied online on dec 13. if the link has taken down then i guess they want only paper applications.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
This means cic wants paper applications, i guess. Lets hope our submitted online applications would still work. I havent heard any online AOR receipt since 2 weeks.
Not really, it means that they are testing the new system and they don't want a lot of people to apply online. It's very common in the software industry.
Don't worry about your application, you will eventually get your AOR soon :)

Reactions: SNGHL_2013