+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Davidmcd

Dec 7, 2020
Damn, the issues still persist for me. How are you guys applying immediately anyways - don't you change your Physical Presence Calculation?
I managed to get mine through earlier tonight after two days of no luck. Yes I did have to update the physical presence calc each day.

Reactions: Gemini020

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hey I'll add you to the tracker. What were your Physical Presence days? Also let us know when you receive the email - surprisingly it takes a while for some folks.
I received the confirmation email about my application being submitted right away.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
are you living in a different planet lol...the link been there for a week now.
if you took a moment to go through this thread you will see that people have been applying for few days already.
Please maintain basic courtesy and manners on this forum it is designed to help each other we aren’t in a schoolyard environment and we’re all grown adults here.

I think perhaps you haven’t been able to grasp the full context of people’s concerns on this thread as some people were worried that the online application link wasn’t mentioned on the “official govt website” and people were concerned initially about phishing or a scam. To help me clarify for you further the govt hadn’t made any official announcements or posted the online application link on the official website combined with technical issues in submitting online thus some people were concerned. My intent was to state that the online link was now available on the official website, unfortunately I was wrong in this case.

As a champion status member and as an upstanding adult citizen and human being please refrain from belittling or dehumanizing others thoughts and opinions as it doesn’t feel too good when someone does that

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Please maintain basic courtesy and manners on this forum it is designed to help each other we aren’t in a schoolyard environment and we’re all grown adults here.

I think perhaps you haven’t been able to grasp the full context of people’s concerns on this thread as some people were worried that the online application link wasn’t mentioned on the “official govt website” and people were concerned initially about phishing or a scam. To help me clarify for you further the govt hadn’t made any official announcements or posted the online application link on the official website combined with technical issues in submitting online thus some people were concerned. My intent was to state that the online link was now available on the official website, unfortunately I was wrong in this case.

As a champion status member and as an upstanding adult citizen and human being please refrain from belittling or dehumanizing others thoughts and opinions as it doesn’t feel too good when someone does that
if you go through this thread you will see that people have contacted IRCC and confirmed this.again the link has always being there on the government website which is OFFICIAL for almost a week now,if you can't see it just refresh your browser few times and it will appear.
it is obvious there will be technical issues when the government launches a new online portal,this is not new.
if you are worried that much about scam apply via paper and stop spamming this forum.
SAVE YOUR ADVICE TO YOURSELF.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Never mind I revoke my comment it seems to have disappeared when I refresh the browser now. Very strange.
No, i think that they have posted the link permanently now in this page. Its not disappearing even after subsequent refresh hence possibly the module is working hence they might have permanently posted the link on the site(thats why i think our guys here can able to submit the application since yesterday).

This is page is updated(as far as i remember).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen.html

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

proactivejaf

Aug 17, 2015
Good Morning Friends,

I was able to apply yesterday but didnt get an email as yet. Has anyone faced the same issue?

Thanks

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Good Morning Friends,

I was able to apply yesterday but didnt get an email as yet. Has anyone faced the same issue?

Thanks
GM. This is not an issue. This is as per the process steps. This is new method which no one knows when they would respond. But surely it will be just matter of days, rather than months while comparing to paper based. So give it few more days to test out their response.

They are not telling that they would respond in a day hence lets see this week for you and others if they send you all the receipt number.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-online-citizenship-applicants.712647/page-14#post-9048954
If your application is complete, we’ll
  • start processing your application
  • send you a confirmation email (acknowledgement of receipt or AOR)

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
I managed to get mine through earlier tonight after two days of no luck. Yes I did have to update the physical presence calc each day.
Hey can you explain why you need to update your physical presence calculation? Is it just because of the application date? That is the only thing I could think about.

Please explain!

proactivejaf

Aug 17, 2015
GM. This is not an issue. This is as per the process steps. This is new method which no one knows when they would respond. But surely it will be just matter of days, rather than months while comparing to paper based. So give it few more days to test out their response.

They are not telling that they would respond in a day hence lets see this week for you and others if they send you all the receipt number.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-online-citizenship-applicants.712647/page-14#post-9048954
If your application is complete, we’ll
  • start processing your application
  • send you a confirmation email (acknowledgement of receipt or AOR)
Thanks for your reply
I didnt mean for AOR but just the general confirmation which some of our friends here got- the same page that comes up once we submit it successfully was sent to the email.
Maybe I misinterpreted?