+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

meteora

Aug 15, 2016
It doesn't work in Chrome or Firefox for me for some reasons but works in Internet Explorer. However, I am still stuck with that stupid Physical presence error. Also, the calculation is different to what is shown in Physical presence calculator to what the online application portal shows. I would add a pic but I don't know how

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Please maintain basic courtesy and manners on this forum it is designed to help each other we aren’t in a schoolyard environment and we’re all grown adults here.

I think perhaps you haven’t been able to grasp the full context of people’s concerns on this thread as some people were worried that the online application link wasn’t mentioned on the “official govt website” and people were concerned initially about phishing or a scam. To help me clarify for you further the govt hadn’t made any official announcements or posted the online application link on the official website combined with technical issues in submitting online thus some people were concerned. My intent was to state that the online link was now available on the official website, unfortunately I was wrong in this case.

As a champion status member and as an upstanding adult citizen and human being please refrain from belittling or dehumanizing others thoughts and opinions as it doesn’t feel too good when someone does that
No, we have all fully grasped any cause for concerns. We have had a lengthy discussion regarding the legitimacy of the application portal and provided more that sufficient backing for its legitimacy. If you had read any of the discussion above, you would have realized that.

The issue with your comment is that you presume things before doing the research. The proper research would have been reading the discussions of your fellow “grown adults” above and respecting their discussions. Instead, you come flying in, disregarding all prior discussions and start spreading disinformation about the “first” official statement by IRCC. It was not the first time the link was “officially” posted - and by presuming as such, you disregard all the other proof provided by members on this thread. In doing so, you provide reason for needless worry on this thread, especially on a matter already settled. It was the first time you noticed it. Be clear and honest as such. If you posted the proof without such a baseless claim, you would have not received the reply you received.

You ought to be mindful of the effects your actions have on others before preaching the same.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hey can you explain why you need to update your physical presence calculation? Is it just because of the application date? That is the only thing I could think about.

Please explain!
It is a requirement for the online application - your PPC must account for the day before you submit your application.

Doesn’t the portal prevent one from submitting their PPC if they haven’t set the correct date?

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
It is a requirement for the online application - your PPC must account for the day before you submit your application.

Doesn’t the portal prevent one from submitting their PPC if they haven’t set the correct date?
I have not experienced as my eligibility end date is the 26th Dec. Still waiting for the day to come! But based on what IRCC said, I think once someone's eligibility is 1 day before submission, I presume it doesn't matter. Was expecting someone who the system pointed that the PCC needs to be updated to account for (day of submission - 1) to address this!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks for your reply
I didnt mean for AOR but just the general confirmation which some of our friends here got- the same page that comes up once we submit it successfully was sent to the email.
Maybe I misinterpreted?
Seems that they are not sending general confirmation on submission. Same for others too.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
No, we have all fully grasped any cause for concerns. We have had a lengthy discussion regarding the legitimacy of the application portal and provided more that sufficient backing for its legitimacy. If you had read any of the discussion above, you would have realized that.

The issue with your comment is that you presume things before doing the research. The proper research would have been reading the discussions of your fellow “grown adults” above and respecting their discussions. Instead, you come flying in, disregarding all prior discussions and start spreading disinformation about the “first” official statement by IRCC. It was not the first time the link was “officially” posted - and by presuming as such, you disregard all the other proof provided by members on this thread. In doing so, you provide reason for needless worry on this thread, especially on a matter already settled. It was the first time you noticed it. Be clear and honest as such. If you posted the proof without such a baseless claim, you would have not received the reply you received.

You ought to be mindful of the effects your actions have on others before preaching the same.
Thank you for your constructive feedback I truly appreciate it. I’m already in admission that I had made an error before posting and acknowledged the fact. I believe respectful dialogue like this allows us all to learn from our mistakes and help us with our applications. My only issue was with the disrespectful language and tone which isn’t tolerable. People make mistakes and learn from them, no excuse to belittle or use condescending language. Not saying it was you I appreciate your constructive criticism.

just like we all have to maintain a professional tone at work or school this forum should be used as such. People make mistakes and there is no need to use disrespectful, demeaning, or language that puts them down. Constructive feedback and opportunities for improvement can be provided without any negativity.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020
What's the email some people have been talking about which they receive after submitting online? I never received any email but can download a copy when I log in. Am I missing something? Could someone upload a copy of it hiding their personal info. please?

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
Guys, I didn't change anything from the calculator or nothing it just wasn't working a few times, I let it rest for 10 min and then I tried again and it worked!!

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
Hi - Just fyi...Costco doesn't provide digital photo. It's their policy. Weird since almost everything is digital these days.

Anyone knows any store or photo studio that provides digital photos in Mississauga?

Thanks in advance.