+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Thank you :)

>>Not urgent app (updated my post)

>>Less than 1200 days. As long as one meets the 1095 days, I don't think the number matters.
thank you for the prompt clarification

So I guess you did have some travel history during your eligibility period?

just trying to figure out if they take longer to process applications that have lots of travel history outside of canada

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm a Dec 2020 online applicant, with the following details:

App submission - 4th Dec 2020 - Online (Toronto) [Not Urgent]
AOR email - 3rd Feb 2021
Test invite email - 24th Feb 2021
Test taken - 2nd March 2021
Interview invite email - 16th March 2021
Interview scheduled - 30th March 2021
IRCC office handling my app - Montreal

PS: I've been reading this forum for some days for updates. Thank you for all those who have shared their info and knowledge. I've thought a few times of sharing my details too - after all this is all crowd-sourced - but after seeing the anger in the comments made by some 2018/2019 applicants who are still waiting, I didn't feel very comfortable. Nonetheless I feel for those applicants, and I hope the backlog is cleared asap with a large scaling up of the new online solutions. Good luck everyone :)
Congratulations & all the best for your interview.

Don't worry about anger from anyone. It is not in your hand. Its IRCC which decides, what to do & when to do. Although I understand its frustrating for them to wait for so long.

Please do share further details & also what they ask in interview & then how online oath took place :-D

Reactions: myat and CCAI2021

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
I kind of have a feeling they took a few hundred (who really knows) applications from early December (right after they launched the online portal) and processed as fast as possible to see how fast they are able to go with them. I guess CCAI2021 got lucky. Congrats

Last edited:
Reactions: CCAI2021

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
thank you for the prompt clarification

So I guess you did have some travel history during your eligibility period?

just trying to figure out if they take longer to process applications that have lots of travel history outside of canada

In my case I didn't need to travel at all, but I don't think we can draw a conclusion from just one data point. I've a feeling it wouldn't matter. I've noticed a few others with similar timeline. I think a handful (if not all) of the very early online applicants are being expedited to test out the new online app system. Also in case they set aside some staff for processing just online apps, the early online applicants are probably getting the benefit of that too. This is just my guess.

Last edited:

Emenaik007

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Got a reply from IRCC after sending my online application copy via Webform. They still not able to locate my file. So maybe sending application copy doesn't trigger anything.
Hello, can you please give me a link to the webform? and also, what type of application did you click? Proof of citizenship or citizenship record. Thanks in advance.

SoloLim

Sep 27, 2018
Just wondering if anyone called IRCC why December online applicants barely receive AOR lately while paper applicants as far as January 25 are receiving theirs?

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Just wondering if anyone called IRCC why December online applicants barely receive AOR lately while paper applicants as far as January 25 are receiving theirs?
It’s frustrating, they don’t even try to put any effort into their response - it’s always the same generic stuff “we can’t find your information in the system yet blah blah”

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
If you go by the tracking sheet, a lot of people who applied online are directly getting test without AOR. 11% of Dec applicants have got test, whereas Jan 2020 is only 3%. You will be citizen long before people who applied in Jan 2020.

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
If you go by the tracking sheet, a lot of people who applied online are directly getting test without AOR. 11% of Dec applicants have got test, whereas Jan 2020 is only 3%. You will be citizen long before people who applied in Jan 2020.
I think he meant online applicants getting Test Invite without going into "In Process" (rather than "AOR")

nicash

May 26, 2017
toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
Hi Everyone,
just received AOR
Applied Dec 13 (online)
I sent two webform last week to inquire and received AOR today.

Reactions: myat and Ramii