+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Abeta

Mar 20, 2021
Hi guys! I have a couple of questions regarding citizenship application.

1) Q11: I was employed for a certain period of time and during that period I worked 1 day for another company. They paid me by check and also sent T4. Should I mention that day of work in my job history section?

2) Q11: I have an account in Rover (dog sitting app) and I was walking dogs from time to time. Should I mention it in my application, I am not sure that this was employment.

3) Q11: I have more than 15 rows in job history. The PDF form doesn't allow me to add more rows and I can't validate it, as several months of eligibility period are not covered. What should I do?

4) Q14: One of my passports was issued in the Embassy of a country I was currently living in. Is that correct if in the field "Place of Issue" I will put "Embassy of Country X in City Y" instead of just the name of the city?

I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me advice. Thanks!

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi guys! I have a couple of questions regarding citizenship application.

1) Q11: I was employed for a certain period of time and during that period I worked 1 day for another company. They paid me by check and also sent T4. Should I mention that day of work in my job history section?

2) Q11: I have an account in Rover (dog sitting app) and I was walking dogs from time to time. Should I mention it in my application, I am not sure that this was employment.

3) Q11: I have more than 15 rows in job history. The PDF form doesn't allow me to add more rows and I can't validate it, as several months of eligibility period are not covered. What should I do?

4) Q14: One of my passports was issued in the Embassy of a country I was currently living in. Is that correct if in the field "Place of Issue" I will put "Embassy of Country X in City Y" instead of just the name of the city?

I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me advice. Thanks!
These are just my opinions:
1) I would
2) If you had some sort of income from that than it was an employment
3) I guess your only option is an additional page
4) I would say so. You’re still mentioning the city anyway

you can always call IRCC and ask. They will most likely give you pointers

debz1986

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Canada
Hi guys.. I completely missed to put in a one day trip to US by car in my application (physical presence calculator). I went around 10 am and returned around 6 pm same day. So according to the IRCC FAQs it counts as 0 days out of country. I have 1108 days in total. It was a miss from my part that I thought 0 days do not have to be added to the calculator. Is this going to be issue? :(

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Hi guys.. I completely missed to put in a one day trip to US by car in my application (physical presence calculator). I went around 10 am and returned around 6 pm same day. So according to the IRCC FAQs it counts as 0 days out of country. I have 1108 days in total. It was a miss from my part that I thought 0 days do not have to be added to the calculator. Is this going to be issue? :(
No ...you have more than enough buffer days if they decide to discount the one day. Don’t worry about it. Goodluck

Humanshado

Jun 27, 2017
IRCC guidelines require you to declare all trips, even single-day trips despite the fact that it won't reduce the physical presence days you declared.

B. WHAT ABSENCES TO DECLARE
Q7: Do I have to declare day trips to the United States?

A7:
Yes. List all absences, even if you come back the same day.

Check this official link for details: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do;jsessionid=FDDDD80334846A96D0742143A118B1C9?redir=faq#Q1

If I were you, I'd contact IRCC immediately to make the corrections before they discovered it - and they will.

Last edited:

lee21

Mar 22, 2021
Hi guys! i'm a newbie here :)

I've been lurking for the past couple weeks & it's quite helpful to read a few of your comments/inputs.
I was in the same situation with a lot of people here; I applied Dec. 14 & was anxiously waiting for the AOR with no luck. I ended up calling IRCC once & sent them 3 webforms last week indicating my situation. I finally received my AOR today. Might be more than just a coincidence since I believe some people also received their AOR after sending webforms - so if you are still waiting with no result, I'd say either calling them/sending webforms could somehow push them to look into your application. The girl on the phone was quite helpful & she told me instead of filing your form under "Citizenship", I should file it under "Technical difficulties". I'm not sure how they're different from each other - but if you haven't tried this maybe give it a shot!

Now i have a question - based on your experience, once you received AOR, how long did it take until they invite you to take the knowledge test?
And also how long until you can see your application status? I checked online with my application number in the AOR but couldn't find the result.

Thank you!!

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
IRCC guidelines require you to declare all trips, even single-day trips despite the fact that it won't reduce the physical presence days you declared.

B. WHAT ABSENCES TO DECLARE
Q7: Do I have to declare day trips to the United States?

A7:
Yes. List all absences, even if you come back the same day.

Check this official link for details: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do;jsessionid=FDDDD80334846A96D0742143A118B1C9?redir=faq#Q1

If I were you, I'd contact IRCC immediately to make the corrections before they discovered it - and they will.
What if someone didn’t remember day trips... I don’t even remember how many day trips I have done since 2013

Reactions: Emenaik007

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Hi guys! i'm a newbie here :)

I've been lurking for the past couple weeks & it's quite helpful to read a few of your comments/inputs.
I was in the same situation with a lot of people here; I applied Dec. 14 & was anxiously waiting for the AOR with no luck. I ended up calling IRCC once & sent them 3 webforms last week indicating my situation. I finally received my AOR today. Might be more than just a coincidence since I believe some people also received their AOR after sending webforms - so if you are still waiting with no result, I'd say either calling them/sending webforms could somehow push them to look into your application. The girl on the phone was quite helpful & she told me instead of filing your form under "Citizenship", I should file it under "Technical difficulties". I'm not sure how they're different from each other - but if you haven't tried this maybe give it a shot!

Now i have a question - based on your experience, once you received AOR, how long did it take until they invite you to take the knowledge test?
And also how long until you can see your application status? I checked online with my application number in the AOR but couldn't find the result.

Thank you!!
Congrats. But again as I pointed out earlier the AORs are coming in order (slow but still date wise). I believe by now many of the online applicants contacted IRCC via webforms or calling but haven't seen people getting AORs from later dates. Till last week, Dec 13 applicants were getting the AOR and now they seems to have started for Dec 14.

Even though there's no harm in trying from our end, but it just creates an extra overhead for IRCC to reply so many requests when they are handling applications mostly in order. In my opinion it makes sense for the online applicants to contact only when they are left out of getting an AOR by couple of days or a week from that order.

For test invite, it may take 2-4 weeks based on older online applicants.
For application status on ECAS, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available for online applicants.

lee21

Mar 22, 2021
Congrats. But again as I pointed out earlier the AORs are coming in order (slow but still date wise). I believe by now many of the online applicants contacted IRCC via webforms or calling but haven't seen people getting AORs from later dates. Till last week, Dec 13 applicants were getting the AOR and now they seems to have started for Dec 14.

Even though there's no harm in trying from our end, but it just creates an extra overhead for IRCC to reply so many requests when they are handling applications mostly in order. In my opinion it makes sense for the online applicants to contact only when they are left out of getting an AOR by couple of days or a week from that order.

For test invite, it may take 2-4 weeks based on older online applicants.
For application status on ECAS, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available for online applicants.
thanks!
if we cannot check our application status online, is there another way to check how our application progress? only when IRCC emails us next step?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
thanks!
if we cannot check our application status online, is there another way to check how our application progress? only when IRCC emails us next step?
Some members raised a "Technical Difficulties" webform after receiving their AOR, then IRCC fixed the issue for them and now they can check ECAS. I suggest doing the same after a few days.

Reactions: lee21

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
What if someone didn’t remember day trips... I don’t even remember how many day trips I have done since 2013
It's not a good look mate - at all.

When IRCC avoids a full blown residence questionnaire for the average applicant, they are being generous in that they assume the applicant is in Canada between their entry/exit days.

Emphasis on assume.

This assumption is only reasonable if there exist no cause for suspicion. When you do not declare all your exits/entries AND IRCC asks you specifically to mention every single trip, there exists cause for suspicion.

Have you ever wondered why IRCC asks us to declare our trips despite the fact that you give them consent to retrieve your entry/exit information from CBSA? Surely the information from CBSA is the more accurate one?

Part of the reason is to test the feasibility of this assumption; to test whether or not the applicant is suspect enough to warrant a full-blown RQ.

Personally, I would inform IRCC at the earliest to be safe.

An RQ is the very, very last hassle an application needs, especially during the pandemic backlog.

EDIT: Also, credit to @dpenabill for the information. Maybe he could enlighten us further with respect to your specific case.

Last edited: