December Application OINP

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
MZASAM said:
Bestofluck

You are lucky ..on oxygen..very soon the AOR will hit your inbox.

Feb applicants are on ventilator, going through the threads :'(
I can understand. becoming difficult day by day. Hope they come out with some solution. This cant go like this till the march applicant gets nomination. This is the saturation point. They have to find out a solution now. So far only DD have expired. now the IELS will expire for many which will be disastrous because many applicants have got CLB9 after many trials and if they dont get it again they go below 400 ! How far OINP will take this ????????????????

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
DigitalDestiny said:
Mine is also 'Canadian Imperial bank of Commerce'. No validity mentioned.

Logically, anything that has an expiry date does have that expiry date explicitly mentioned or a statement like "valid for 6 months" or an indication like "Best Before...." etc.

Today, I asked ICICI Bank folks that my DD has expired since it was issued 6 months back. They shot back, sir how do you know that your DD has really expired ?. That left me sort of puzzled because at the time of issue the very same bank executive told me that it's valid for 6 months.

If Canadian bank issued DD's of CEC-Inland folks don't expire, question is are our Indian DDs which are payable by the same Canadian banks - actually expiring specially when they too don't have any expiry date mentioned ?.

Problem is that OINP is totally nuts. They are simply throwing back the Drafts at the applicants without even trying to encash them.
I think there's another type of validity subject to Central Bank regulations (per country) anybody know if such regulations are imposed by central bank of Canada?
for Ex. here in Egypt foreign cheques and SWIFT FT are chash-able within 6 months, no clue about Canada

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
bestofluck said:
I can understand. becoming difficult day by day. Hope they come out with some solution. This cant go like this till the march applicant gets nomination. This is the saturation point. They have to find out a solution now. So far only DD have expired. now the IELS will expire for many which will be disastrous because many applicants have got CLB9 after many trials and if they dont get it again they go below 400 ! How far OINP will take this ????????????????
Maybe this works in their favor? reducing the backlog by attrition.

alepops

Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received AOR last friday 10th with the receipt of the $1500CAD.
I received today another email asking to send a new DD. The expirty date for my DD was TODAY! if they had tried to encash it in previous days I wouldn't have to send a new one...

But as I've read in this thread they haven't even tried....

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
DigitalDestiny said:
Mine is also 'Canadian Imperial bank of Commerce'. No validity mentioned.

Logically, anything that has an expiry date does have that expiry date explicitly mentioned or a statement like "valid for 6 months" or an indication like "Best Before...." etc.

Today, I asked ICICI Bank folks that my DD has expired since it was issued 6 months back. They shot back, sir how do you know that your DD has really expired ?. That left me sort of puzzled because at the time of issue the very same bank executive told me that it's valid for 6 months.

If Canadian bank issued DD's of CEC-Inland folks don't expire, question is are our Indian DDs which are payable by the same Canadian banks - actually expiring specially when they too don't have any expiry date mentioned ?.

Problem is that OINP is totally nuts. They are simply throwing back the Drafts at the applicants without even trying to encash them.
No the staff is totally unaware of the fact. Once the DD is issued the money is transferred to Canadian bank. So no Indian rules dont work. Even if there is validity mentioned it is for Canadian bank and not for OINP. The Canadian bank must withdraw money from Indian bank before 6 months. Than it becomes local DD.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
alepops said:
I received AOR last friday 10th with the receipt of the $1500CAD.
I received today another email asking to send a new DD. The expirty date for my DD was TODAY! if they had tried to encash it in previous days I wouldn't have to send a new one...

But as I've read in this thread they haven't even tried....
As i suggested dont fall into any communication with them. Instead just send them a new DD and ask them to send back the old one. This will take not more than 3 months and your file is ON.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Guys, when you issue a new bank draft, do you pay again 1500 CAD +processing fees+commissions or it's just processing fees+commissions since the 1500 CAD are on hold?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
maged_mmh said:
I think there's another type of validity subject to Central Bank regulations (per country) anybody know if such regulations are imposed by central bank of Canada?
for Ex. here in Egypt foreign cheques and SWIFT FT are chash-able within 6 months, no clue about Canada
But the thing is they issue a Canadian DD and the money is transferred immediately to Canada. so where is the question of 6 months. It becomes local DD.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
bestofluck said:
But the thing is they issue a Canadian DD and the money is transferred immediately to Canada. so where is the question of 6 months. It becomes local DD.
yes, but we have no idea about their own regulations about local cheques validity, do we?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
maged_mmh said:
Guys, when you issue a new bank draft, do you pay again 1500 CAD +processing fees+commissions or it's just processing fees+commissions since the 1500 CAD are on hold?
its all fresh. you pay all you paid before. not only that they will deduct money from the old DD to refund. And in India the exchange rates also have increased so now pay more for 1500 CAD than we paid earlier. Its all rubbish

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
bestofluck said:
its all fresh. you pay all you paid before. not only that they will deduct money from the old DD to refund. And in India the exchange rates also have increased so now pay more for 1500 CAD than we paid earlier. Its all rubbish
this is ridiculously stupid!!! :eek:

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
if what you're saying is correct, it's nearly a scam! that means we paid 3000++ CAD for a service priced at 1500!!

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
maged_mmh said:
if what you're saying is correct, it's nearly a scam! that means we paid 3000++ CAD for a service priced at 1500!!
be prepared for the worst. if they return the DD its bonus.As MZASAM said there will be difficulties in tracking old and new DD;s and they might send wrong DD to wrong applicant. god knows what all we have to see in the process.

avalancher

Jun 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
As i suggested dont fall into any communication with them. Instead just send them a new DD and ask them to send back the old one. This will take not more than 3 months and your file is ON.
I totally agree with you. This is exactly what I did. I sent the new draft today and sent an email to OINP requesting them to return the original draft. Getting into any sort of communication with OINP at this stage will only result in a further delay in processing of applications.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
avalancher said:
I totally agree with you. This is exactly what I did. I sent the new draft today and sent an email to OINP requesting them to return the original draft. Getting into any sort of communication with OINP at this stage will only result in a further delay in processing of applications.
few pages back, a guy over here replied to OINP that the DD still valid as per his bank statement, and OINP replied that they will process the old DD