+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December AOR 2017 - join here.

Rida Nazir

May 14, 2018
It's already 6 months now.. It's frustrating . Cic should give us an update regarding the status of the application via email.
What's your visa office ? Is your information sharing in GCMS notes assessment section "complete" or "in process" ? If it's complete the next stage is PPR.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Nationality is India. my husband has Nuclear engg background and is scientist by profession. And has around 5 countries visa stamped in passport
Yes agreed nuclear/biological/chemical they always raise a flag... it may be routine additional screening and it should be resolved quickly...
I remember in my dads case(not for PR) for a simple visit visa, it took some extra time as well.... he was the Head of Biochemstiry and Microbiology division for National Institute of Virology in Pune...

Abhilal15

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
What's your visa office ? Is your information sharing in GCMS notes assessment section "complete" or "in process" ? If it's complete the next stage is PPR.
My Vo is Ottawa. The assessment section in page 2 says information sharing is complete. I received the notes on June 2. We called CIC last week and they said security is still under process. I have no clue what is going on. It's very frustrating though. What is your status?

Abhilal15

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Yes agreed nuclear/biological/chemical they always raise a flag... it may be routine additional screening and it should be resolved quickly...
I remember in my dads case(not for PR) for a simple visit visa, it took some extra time as well.... he was the Head of Biochemstiry and Microbiology division for National Institute of Virology in Pune...
Extra time ... My gcms notes says am under security since Feb 20.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Extra time ... My gcms notes says am under security since Feb 20.
I am not trying to scare you here, but telling you to keep calm...for some of the people I have seen on the forum, SS was completed after a year or two. Someone of those cases included people from war torn countries and some applicant with military backgrounds

Last edited:

Abhilal15

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
I am not trying to scare you here, but telling you to keep calm...for some of the people I have seen on the forum, SS was completed after a year or two. Someone of those cases included people from war torn countries and some applicant with military backgrounds
My husband is a scientist and has a job offer letter from Canada. We are planning to waiting till July 15 and then apply for work permit if we dint hear anything from cic

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
My husband is a scientist and has a job offer letter from Canada. We are planning to waiting till July 15 and then apply for work permit if we dint hear anything from cic
The Canadian org, who is offering your spouse the role, can apply for his WP right away these 2 things what I understand can run in paralllel.

Abhilal15

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Canadian org, who is offering your spouse the role, can apply for his WP right away these 2 things what I understand can run in paralllel.
Yes . . And his job is LMI exempt kind of job. So just planning to waiting till July 15 and then apply for WP right away. They issue the permit in 2 weeks