+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December AOR 2017 - join here.

Canadan

Jan 8, 2018
Me.
Just spoke to someone I know, who is aware of the functioning of the govt machinery in Canada. There's Ontario General Elections coming up in June 2018, for which most of the govt agencies are busy. Hence, the great delay from Ottawa VO.

Interesting. Why would elections delay government workers processing our applications?

gary007

Nov 12, 2017
like everything associated with this process.. even the time taken by NDVO is unpredictable. as per immitracker the avg for NDVO is 125 days from AOR. my file moved to NDVO around 9th feb and i am still waiting... AOR 21 dec..... so there is really no timeframe...
My AOR 20 DEC 2017
Still waiting :(

gary007

Nov 12, 2017
I'm myself clueless :D

How did you come to know that your file is moved to ndvo?
I called up CIC 2 days back .They confirmed.me that my file.is not in Canada but outside Canada ,since my nationality is Indian
Even my agent told most of cases are New Delhi
So I m relying on that

Reactions: CANPRI

RockyStar1985

Apr 20, 2017
Congratulations on your PPR.
To your questions.
1. London stamps passports within few days so you should have your passport back within 7 days.
2. Your visa expiry will be June 17 not 18 and you have to land in Canada on or before that date.
3. The visa expiry date cannot be extended. If you miss it, that is PR gone. It will be stated clearly on your COPR.
4. The charges are high but it is not upto what you've already spent to get to this point.
I wish you the very best.
Thanks @Dscpl1, I assume June 17 is a typo, It will be June 18.

Thanks for your response on other queries.

Reactions: Dscpl1

bhavuk

Apr 23, 2014
I received request to pay the landing fees of $490, what does this mean from here on? My consultant told me that she received it a month back on 14th march and it was only paid today, will this affect my application anyway?

Reactions: bbq_g3 and gary007

gary007

Nov 12, 2017
I think you should get it mostly this coming week or latest before end of this month.. all the best
Thanks for motivating me :)
I hope that you get the decision in this month too :)
I also have the feeling that end of April.would some shower good result
Keeping finger crossed :)

Kirchenbomb

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
I received request to pay the landing fees of $490, what does this mean from here on? My consultant told me that she received it a month back on 14th march and it was only paid today, will this affect my application anyway?
Looks like you have a slacker as a consultant. What kind of a consultant waits for a month to notify their client of this development? She should be fired.

It means your file is progressing and initial eligibility check is done.

bhavuk

Apr 23, 2014
Looks like you have a slacker as a consultant. What kind of a consultant waits for a month to notify their client of this development? She should be fired.

It means your file is progressing and initial eligibility check is done.
Thanks for responding. I know i was so pissed at her. What stage does this mean i am on and i hope the delay in paying landing fees wont affect my application?

Reactions: gary007

bbq_g3

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Interesting. Why would elections delay government workers processing our applications?
Guess coz they are "government workers" and the govt needs to ensure smooth elections. Apart from of course the internal processes for pre and post election tasks/data-related work. That's what I am thinking...

Reactions: Canadan and gary007