Feb 20, 2018
Hi Guys

My 1st application
AOR july 16
Med passed aug 28
ADR submitted sept 10 (fbi pcc)
Ip2 Oct 26
Request gcms notes - nov 15
Rejected nov 16 (job reference letter did nt include duties performed)

2nd application
AOR dec 19
ADR Jan 10 (fbi pcc)
Fbi pcc submitted Jan 10
Medical passed Jan 11
Ip2 Jan 11

Ppr feb 20

Please note:
I used all docs from my 1st application for my 2nd application

Good luck. Hope this helps

raghu0707

Nov 21, 2017
Hi Guys

My 1st application
AOR july 16
Med passed aug 28
ADR submitted sept 10 (fbi pcc)
Ip2 Oct 26
Request gcms notes - nov 15
Rejected nov 16 (job reference letter did nt include duties performed)

2nd application
AOR dec 19
ADR Jan 10 (fbi pcc)
Fbi pcc submitted Jan 10
Medical passed Jan 11
Ip2 Jan 11

Ppr feb 20

Please note:
I used all docs from my 1st application for my 2nd application

Good luck. Hope this helps
We have provided the Job reference letter with Job duties performed but its not on the Company letter head. Although, it has signature of the supervisors and business cards of them. Also we have provided all sorts of official documents provided by the employer earlier like Offer letter, Experience letter, yearly performance letter, salary slips, tax forms etc. Should it be good?

We have provided the Job reference letter with Job duties performed but its not on the Company letter head. Although, it has signature of the supervisors and business cards of them. Also we have provided all sorts of official documents provided by the employer earlier like Offer letter, Experience letter, yearly performance letter, salary slips, tax forms etc. Should it be good?
While its always hard to predict IRCC, it will depend on the evaluating officer. Its likely you'll be okay.

Dubyskye

Nov 29, 2017
Thanks. Yeah that's true. Very hard to predict. On NA2 since 3rd Jan. And there has not been any ADR's as well.
What's your AOR date? I have a similar situation as yours. I could not obtain new experience letter for one of my work experience as the company had been acquired by another company. However, I provided LoE along with other documents that bear the signatures of the personnel officer of the defunct company with details of the job description. My AOR is December 26, medical passed with BGD check in progress. I suspect that should be IP1 as I'm not sure I have gone through NA2. I haven't got any ADR, so I have been wondering if everything is okay with the documents I provided. Please, experts, what do you guys think? Would it be a good idea to order GCMS notes to know if the eligibility has been passed?

raghu0707

Nov 21, 2017
What's your AOR date? I have a similar situation as yours. I could not obtain new experience letter for one of my work experience as the company had been acquired by another company. However, I provided LoE along with other documents that bear the signatures of the personnel officer of the defunct company with details of the job description. My AOR is December 26, medical passed with BGD check in progress. I suspect that should be IP1 as I'm not sure I have gone through NA2. I haven't got any ADR, so I have been wondering if everything is okay with the documents I provided. Please, experts, what do you guys think? Would it be a good idea to order GCMS notes to know if the eligibility has been passed?
Aor is 12 Dec. We just have to wait and see. Its really up to the officer who is evaluating our case.

Reactions: Dubyskye
Feb 21, 2018
Hello,

Relevant Info:
AOR: Dec 22
PPR: Feb 20
Category: CEC

Fortunately, I've just received the PPR e-mail asking to submit:
1) My passport in case my country of citizenship (which is Brazil) is visa required to get a PR visa stamped on it
OR
2) Photocopies of my passport otherwise (in this case I could use eTA for travelling without a PR visa)

It turns out that Brazil is considered a visa-required country BUT with a remark (giving a possibility for eTA):
"Visa-required (countries):
"

Then I looked up what are the requirements to be eligible for eTA among the exceptional countries (Brazil, Romania and Bulgaria) at
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/04/canada_s_new_entryrulesforbrazilianbulgarianandromaniancitizens.html

In the above link they mention the following criteria for being eligible:

"Travellers who:
  • have held a Canadian visitor visa in the past 10 years, or
  • currently hold a valid United States nonimmigrant visa,
and who will:
  • fly to or transit through a Canadian airport using a valid Brazilian, Bulgarian or Romanian passport, and
  • come for a short visit, business or tourist activity (normally for stays of up to six months)"
"

Although I do hold a US nonimmigrant visa, I was not sure about the last two requirements. I work in Canada currently.

Please, can anyone help me to figure it out if I consider myself as a Visa-required or not?

Reactions: Sunny_1010101

leobarcessat

Jan 25, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
27-12-2017
Hello,

Relevant Info:
AOR: Dec 22
PPR: Feb 20
Category: CEC

Fortunately, I've just received the PPR e-mail asking to submit:
1) My passport in case my country of citizenship (which is Brazil) is visa required to get a PR visa stamped on it
OR
2) Photocopies of my passport otherwise (in this case I could use eTA for travelling without a PR visa)

It turns out that Brazil is considered a visa-required country BUT with a remark (giving a possibility for eTA):
"Visa-required (countries):
"

Then I looked up what are the requirements to be eligible for eTA among the exceptional countries (Brazil, Romania and Bulgaria) at
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/04/canada_s_new_entryrulesforbrazilianbulgarianandromaniancitizens.html

In the above link they mention the following criteria for being eligible:

"Travellers who:
  • have held a Canadian visitor visa in the past 10 years, or
  • currently hold a valid United States nonimmigrant visa,
and who will:
  • fly to or transit through a Canadian airport using a valid Brazilian, Bulgarian or Romanian passport, and
  • come for a short visit, business or tourist activity (normally for stays of up to six months)"
"

Although I do hold a US nonimmigrant visa, I was not sure about the last two requirements. I work in Canada currently.

Please, can anyone help me to figure it out if I consider myself as a Visa-required or not?
Hey man,

Don't worry i had the same situation when i was renewing my Work Permit. If you have a Valid Tourist Visa (US) you're good. BUT only if you plan to travel to Canada by AIR. BUT since you're here in Canada you should send your passport. WHY? Cause you need to do a FLAGPOLE. What's that? Is when you drive to the POINT OF ENTRY (BORDER) to change your status here in Canada, so that you can Actually become a Permanent Resident.

Hope that helped!

Congratulations..... Hope to get mine soon!

sree11

Aug 23, 2017
Folks,
I have a question about submitting passports once we get the PPR. My son is a US citizen, where as my wife and I are Indian citizens. For me and my wife we plan to submit passports. For my son, as per the guidelines, it asks for submission of photo page of passport only. Have any of you done the same for your child, or did you submit the Passport as well?

By the way, I got PPR email yesterday for AOR of Jan 4th.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018
Hey man,

Don't worry i had the same situation when i was renewing my Work Permit. If you have a Valid Tourist Visa (US) you're good. BUT only if you plan to travel to Canada by AIR. BUT since you're here in Canada you should send your passport. WHY? Cause you need to do a FLAGPOLE. What's that? Is when you drive to the POINT OF ENTRY (BORDER) to change your status here in Canada, so that you can Actually become a Permanent Resident.

Hope that helped!

Congratulations..... Hope to get mine soon!
Hi Leo,
Thanks a lot for the answer!
Just one more thing, If I do not send my passport and proceed as a Visa exempt candidate, then I cannot do a Flagpole afterwards using the CoPR for example?
In the Flagpole procedure, what do they do? they put an extra stamp on your passport?

Glad for your PR as well!

leobarcessat

Jan 25, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
27-12-2017
Hi Leo,
Thanks a lot for the answer!
Just one more thing, If I do not send my passport and proceed as a Visa exempt candidate, then I cannot do a Flagpole afterwards using the CoPR for example?
In the Flagpole procedure, what do they do? they put an extra stamp on your passport?

Glad for your PR as well!
And No... as far as i Know being from Brazil you can not Flag Pole Without a proper VISA (NOT ETA)

The CoPR is when you get your status changed at the Border. So basically you sent your passport to Get a Immigrant Visa on it. Go to the Border with your docs and Passport with the Immigrant Visa. The Border Officer will verify your docs your Visa and them Boom.... you're good.

Hope that make sense :)

Reactions: geocomesfromcanada
Feb 21, 2018
And No... as far as i Know being from Brazil you can not Flag Pole Without a proper VISA (NOT ETA)

The CoPR is when you get your status changed at the Border. So basically you sent your passport to Get a Immigrant Visa on it. Go to the Border with your docs and Passport with the Immigrant Visa. The Border Officer will verify your docs your Visa and them Boom.... you're good.

Hope that make sense :)
Got it totally!

Thank you, sir!

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Guys,
Yesterday I moved to IP2.
I also got a request from cic to submit my CV along with supplementary student information form. Does this mean they have decided to send me to security screening?

Reactions: hrishikeshrs

leobarcessat

Jan 25, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
27-12-2017
Guys,
Yesterday I moved to IP2.
I also got a request from cic to submit my CV along with supplementary student information form. Does this mean they have decided to send me to security screening?
Once they review it and give a thumbs up... Yes

Sunny_1010101

Oct 20, 2017
Hi there :)

I posted previously about emailing for an update on my application. So far I've refrained from emailing for an update but I was hoping to fly back to England soon for a weeks to visit family for an event. I don't want to go until I get the thumbs up. Is it worth emailing for an update? If so, how can I word it to avoid a generic response? If not, I guess I can just wait it out a little longer :eek:

CEC Inland
AOR 22nd December 2017
Medical Passed (not sure when)
Request for RCMP fingerprints - 9th Jan
Fingerprints uploaded - 23rd Jan

Application Status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.