+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December AOR 2017 - join here.

Dscpl1

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
I have a question. How much time does rest of the process approximately take after one gets the PPR? Including getting the passport stamped, receiving COPR and anything else that I might not be aware of.
In how much time can one travel after receiving PPR? (assuming stamping time to be 2-3 weeks).
The PPR email suggests it can take up to 4 weeks to get COPR but the trend appears to be 10 days. You can travel as soon as you receive COPR and your passport

Reactions: gary007

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, this is for my fiance's application.
We wrote to Cic about which visa office the application is in and got the following reply:

"Please note that your application is currently at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia and has not yet been transferred to a local visa office.
Please submit any inquiries via our web form and your inquiry will be redirected to the correct office.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx"

It's been a month since we submitted the additional travel document and nothing after that. Looks like the have put the file aside after that. Is there some where else I can check what the status is? Can someone let me know.

Timeline: AOR 26th Dec 2017
ADR: 10th Jan 2018. Doc submitted 11th Jan.
Status still says, " Your action is required". Not sure whats's going on.

Can someone suggest something.

Thanks

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
The PPR email suggests it can take up to 4 weeks to get COPR but the trend appears to be 10 days. You can travel as soon as you receive COPR and your passport
Where did you get this 10 day trend information from? Does it depend on the visa office?

rhmalik

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pakistan
Dec 19th AOR. Please tell me if we have a whats app or telegram group i can join ?
Yes. Go the first page of this thread and you will find the link to the WhatsApp group in the tracker.

Dscpl1

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Where did you get this 10 day trend information from? Does it depend on the visa office?
From some PPR to COPR threads on here. I actually got my approval email a few minutes ago. It took 5 days from passport delivered to COPR (London Visa Office)

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
Guys, this is for my fiance's application.
We wrote to Cic about which visa office the application is in and got the following reply:

"Please note that your application is currently at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia and has not yet been transferred to a local visa office.
Please submit any inquiries via our web form and your inquiry will be redirected to the correct office.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx"

It's been a month since we submitted the additional travel document and nothing after that. Looks like the have put the file aside after that. Is there some where else I can check what the status is? Can someone let me know.

Timeline: AOR 26th Dec 2017
ADR: 10th Jan 2018. Doc submitted 11th Jan.
Status still says, " Your action is required". Not sure whats's going on.

Can someone suggest something.

Thanks
I wonder if they only review our documents when it's our system due date.
I uploaded my ADR two weeks ago, and the status hasn't changed yet either.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wonder if they only review our documents when it's our system due date.
I uploaded my ADR two weeks ago, and the status hasn't changed yet either.
Hmm ours was due on Jan 18th. Even that is long past now?

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
From some PPR to COPR threads on here. I actually got my approval email a few minutes ago. It took 5 days from passport delivered to COPR (London Visa Office)
Ok. I read where the Abu Dhabi visa office takes 30-45 days. I chalk it up to that have a heavier load than elsewhere in the world.

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
Hmm ours was due on Jan 18th. Even that is long past now?
I don't know...I read it in some post on this forum that the system due date doesn't really mean they will look at our applications. but I couldn't think of a better explanation for our situation,

Last edited:

Dscpl1

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Ok. I read where the Abu Dhabi visa office takes 30-45 days. I chalk it up to that have a heavier load than elsewhere in the world.
That could be the case. I know London is usually slow with application processing but fast with COPR

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know...I read it in some post on this forum that the system due date doesn't really mean they will look at our applications. but I couldn't think of a better explanation for our situation,
Hmm is there a way we can write to them or check with them as to when the file goes to the local visa office?

Sunny_1010101

Oct 20, 2017
I'm soooooooo curious to know where my application is at. AOR 22nd. Is it worth emailing or shall I just suck it up and just wait it out?........................

I'm soooooooo curious to know where my application is at. AOR 22nd. Is it worth emailing or shall I just suck it up and just wait it out?........................
You can certainly email them, but, their response will many times be generic :)