+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December AOR 2017 - join here.

PVPal

Aug 9, 2017
Just sharing the journey so far:

PCCs
  1. Had to obtain PCCs for Qatar, Netherlands, Germany and India, all from India as I reside here.
  2. Had to do so for myself and my wife.
  3. In my list, Qatar PCC is by far most difficult as they need a fingerprint (holiday to office for wife and myself:p), and most importantly, they write dates of first entry and last exit. Learnt from this forum that if one entered Qatar on business visa, Qatar does not easily include those dates on the PCC in which case PCC is invalid for all purposes concerning IRCC. In my case, my wife had entered on business visa before getting residence permit.
  4. Had to pursue convincing Qatari authorities by sitting here in India about including the right dates through my Qatari agent; a time consuming, risky and expensive affair just to hire an agent.
  5. Indian PCC for Qatar: Qatar also needs a PCC from India (one more holiday for me and my wife:(). Visit to local passport office.
  6. Regarding Dutch PCC, I took a cue from others in the forum and got it done before submitting eAPR. It was the easiest PCC as I didn't have to represent in person. Filled the forms and sent via email. No holiday to office:p.
  7. Regarding German PCC, had to visit consulate in India, then couriered forms certified there to Germany. Holiday to office:rolleyes:.
  8. Got German to English translation done.
  9. Regarding Indian PCC for Canada, passport office does not give one appointment for two PCCs (Qatar and Canada); needs two appointments for two PCCs. Two more holidays for me and my wife:eek:.
WES: PhD, MSc, Bachelors and Diploma
  1. Had 4 degrees to take care of, from three different countries for myself
  2. In addition, had wife's MSc from Germany and Bachelor's from India.
  3. Emails to German and Dutch universities worked fine.
  4. My PhD, MSc and my wife's MSc degrees required Dutch to English and German to English translations.
  5. Turns out Bachelor's and Diploma from India were most difficult. Getting transcripts meant physically traveling 400 km and three days of holidays to office:eek::eek:.
  6. Fortunately Diploma college was in my city. Had to travel there thrice though:rolleyes:.
  7. WES work went perfectly well and on time;).
Work experience letter:
  1. Had 8 years of work experience from two companies in two NOCs.
  2. Decided to show only previous company experience after seeing advice on this forum.
  3. Previous employer cooperated and did not have to spend another holiday to visit them;);)
  4. Thanks to the experience shared on this forum, this allowed me not to rock the boat at current employment.
IELTS W/L/S/R
Wife: 7.5/8.5/8.0/8.5 CLB 10/10/10/10
Self: 7.0/9.0/8.0/8.5 CLB 9/10/10/10

All in all: The journey is actually yet to begin. Some struggles are fun. So are holidays to achieve goals:):)

EE Filed: 28th Oct
ITA: 18th Nov
eAPR and AOR: 4th Dec

Last edited:

keano16

Dec 10, 2017
Hello..how's everyone doing?

Andy - can you please send me an invite as well? Thanks

AOR December 9

Sep 19, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-10-2017
Nomination.....
18-10-2017
AOR Received.
11-12-2017
Hi Andy -

My AOR is December 11th.
Can you send me an invite please?
Thanks

Last edited:

sidhardh

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
London
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
18/01/2018
Hi Guys,

Starting thread for those who have AOR in December 2017 - please join for discussion and knowledge sharing.

Below I will post some information which you may find useful going forward.

December AOR Tracker is HERE.

Some FAQ:

Q: How to find my visa office?

A: Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker

Q: Can you explain background status changes (by other forum member, not my):

A: Background statuses explained:

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.

1. Not needed at this time (NN)
  2. Not Started (NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)
After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
  2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)
People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don’t get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I’m using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

I will post more as we progress.

Thanks!

Good Luck!
HI DOCS,MY CRS SCORE 460,WAITING FOR 80TH DRAW.
PLEASE POST YOUR SCORE AND PLANS AFTER GETTING PR...
MY CONTACT -8886813403.LETS WHATSAPP.
MAIL ID-SMILESDENTZ@LIVE.COM

sidhardh

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
London
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
18/01/2018
HI DOCS,MY CRS SCORE 460,WAITING FOR 80TH DRAW.
PLEASE POST YOUR SCORE AND PLANS AFTER GETTING PR...
MY CONTACT -8886813403.LETS WHATSAPP.
MAIL ID-SMILESDENTZ@LIVE.COM

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017
Hi Andy,
Submitted documents on 2nd Dec and received AOR on 3rd Dec. Kindly send the link for The whatsapp group.
TIA