+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December AOR 2017 - join here.

bbq_g3

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
At the end he said there wasn't any contradiction on my answers and he was approving my application. I should wait for an email with further instructions. Asked if I had any trips planed for the next 3-4 months. If I did, they would send me a different set of instructions. The end :D

Received an email on May 16th, the confirmation for a landing appointment at the Etobicoke office on May 22nd.
Hey @mamiojo : That seemed like a very detailed conversation. Glad the wait is over now.
By the way, best wishes to you for completing your 'landing' today!
Do let us know your experience. Will be really helpful to everyone here.

bbq_g3

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
I share your preference regarding those private app groups; I prefer the public discussion in forum threads, which I feel are more detailed and easier to access.
I found this thread by @RookieMistake to be very helpful. He landed in Toronto but it could still be of use even if you're landing in a difference province.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/my-landing-experience-at-toronto-yyz.521397/

I'm on the lookout for other threads in the Settlement Issues forum.
Yes, I have been reading this thread by @RookieMistake since the time I got my PPR! Clarity increases every time I read it.
I will also be landing in Toronto. So, this is a good reference point for landing.
I also found this thread by @qorax : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know.36735/
Kind of old, but still relevant with the discussions of recently landed PRs.

Reactions: Nobatia and gary007

bbq_g3

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Reactions: Nobatia

SKGarg

Apr 21, 2018
Hi Guys,

Any timeline for PPR , if you have PNP nomination.

Profile Submitted: 2nd week of May.

Regards,
SK

mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Just landed at the Etobicoke office. After they called my number (despite having a time set to be there, they give you a number upon arrival), it took me 15 min to complete the landing and get a new SIN.

3 questions asked:

- Are you married and have any children?

- Have you ever been convicted of any offense in Canada or any other country?

- Have you ever been deported from any country?

After answering these questions I received the CoPR and heard the sweetest statement I've heard in a long time:

Congratulations, you're now a Permanent Resident of Canada!

Thank you everyone in this forum who helped me, either with providing guidance, sharing your own experience or being there in support! I'll never forget you guys. You were part of my journey! ;)

If anybody has any questions, ask away. I'd be more than happy to share my knowledge/experience.

* 8 to 10 weeks to receive PR card, as per the agent who issued my CoPR

gary007

Nov 12, 2017
Just landed at the Etobicoke office. After they called my number (despite having a time set to be there, they give you a number upon arrival), it took me 15 min to complete the landing and get a new SIN.

3 questions asked:

After answering these questions I received the CoPR and heard the sweetest statement I've heard in a long time:

Thank you everyone in this forum who helped me, either with providing guidance, sharing your own experience or being there in support! I'll never forget you guys. You were part of my journey! ;)

If anybody has any questions, ask away. I'd be more than happy to share my knowledge/experience.

Congratulations on landing in Canada
I hope best of luck for your future plans
Be in touch :)
Cheers
Gary

Reactions: mamiojo

mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
CIC profile finally changed. Today it shows:

Application status: A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below
Review of eligibility: Your eligiblity has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
Background check: Your background check was completed
Final decision: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Abhilal15

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018

3 questions asked:

All the best. And congratulations

Fj1234

Mar 28, 2018

3 questions asked:

Congratulations mamiojo. Good luck in Canada. Hopefully, I also hear soon regarding my application.

NoCanDoIt

Oct 21, 2017
CIC profile finally changed. Today it shows:

Application status: A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below
Review of eligibility: Your eligiblity has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
Background check: Your background check was completed
Final decision: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Mine just changed and the PP is on its way for collection!!
Did your account contain any new messages? Mine doesn't show any new messages; just that the status has changed to what you have shared above.

Reactions: Nobatia

NoCanDoIt

Oct 21, 2017
My final timeline appears like so:

AoR: December 21, 2017
PPR: May 11, 2018
Submission of passport to local VO: May 15, 2018
Approval (on account) and PP dispatch (CoPR): May 22, 2018

Will collect the CoPR tomorrow and book my first landing ASAP.

Luckily, my entire "journey" was smooth. No ADR, no phone calls. Very fortunately, my entire application, along with the FBI PCC, was complete and RPRF paid at AoR. I just had to wait the 4.5 months out. Sincere thanks to this community for all the sharing they do.

I'll post my landing experience in a few months, and continue to monitor/help out folks on this thread for the near future as best I can.

Good luck for the rest who are still waiting. It'll come soon -- just be patient.

msrdy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
AOR Received.
09-14-2017
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
I always receive acknowledgement/confirmation on the same day, but then again all my notes were ordered through CAIPS GCM. I'm guessing it depends on their workload or their available resources.

Have not had this issue personally, so I'm not certain about the waiting period. However, it's good that you're being proactive and sending them the info before they even ask for it, as it could save you time. I'm assuming they didn't request it and you sent it based on the notes, right?
No, I sent it in even before ordering the notes. I sent the letter in January, ordered my notes in March.
Wonder what is taking them so long to make a decision.

bbq_g3

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017

3 questions asked:

Wow, can't wait to hear that wonderful statement. So, just the basic questions at the time of landing, then.
Hmmm, 8 to 10 weeks! I am just waiting for my COPR and PP to be returned in order to plan my landing so that I get my PR Card ASAP.
Thanks @mamiojo for sharing your landing experience!