+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Could be that they are working on clearing some of their backlogs as someone alluded to earlier from speaking to a service rep.

I was looking at their data this morning and they had just met their <=20% backlog target in November 2023, and that number has continued to fall since - data as of February 29th.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/stronger-immigration-system.html

Now, whether they are trying to close out their fiscal year (April-March) by fixing existing backlog remains to be seen. I've noticed quite a few June-November applications getting oath dates in the past weeks. The one succour here is quite a few of us in December are stuck on the same process, which usually means they paused processing on their end and can resume it back on whenever they choose to and not individual applications falling through the cracks.

Jeetsaini

Apr 29, 2020
Application: Online (Citizenship)
Application Date: Dec-10, 2023
AOR Date: Dec-28, 2023
Fingerprint request email: Jan,31, 2024
Test Invite: Feb-01, 2024
Test Schedule: Feb-01 to Mar-02, 2024
Test Taken: Feb 2
Fingerprint submitted: Feb-03-2024
Test Completed on Tracker: Feb 9
Fingerprint Received: Feb 25
Background Check: WIP
LPP Completed: WIP
Decision Made: WIP
Oath Ceremony:

Reactions: mkaur92

Loh875134

Mar 26, 2024
Checking in, no update on my end.

I'm curious, is anyone else still waiting on both background checks and LLP? I suspect I'm at Scarborough given my test email.

Processing OFFICE : VANCOUVER
Application: Online (Citizenship)
Application Date: Dec-11, 2023
Physical Presence Days: 1117
AOR Date: Jan-02, 2024
Test Invite: Jan-24, 2024 from Calgary
Test Schedule: Jan 29- Feb 27, 2024
Test Taken: Feb 16, 2024 - 18/20
Test Completed on Tracker: Feb 20, 2024
Background Check: In progress
LPP Completed: In progress
Decision Made: In progress
Oath Ceremony: NOT STARTED

SAU443

Star Member
Mar 22, 2024
Checking in, no update on my end.

I'm curious, is anyone else still waiting on both background checks and LLP? I suspect I'm at Scarborough given my test email.
Hi.
expand...
Hi..
Same office, no updates on BG and LLP they are in-progress and the last update was in tracker on Feb 05, 2024. Kindly let us know if you received any updates.

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Could be that they are working on clearing some of their backlogs as someone alluded to earlier from speaking to a service rep.

I was looking at their data this morning and they had just met their <=20% backlog target in November 2023, and that number has continued to fall since - data as of February 29th.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/stronger-immigration-system.html

Now, whether they are trying to close out their fiscal year (April-March) by fixing existing backlog remains to be seen. I've noticed quite a few June-November applications getting oath dates in the past weeks. The one succour here is quite a few of us in December are stuck on the same process, which usually means they paused processing on their end and can resume it back on whenever they choose to and not individual applications falling through the cracks.
Citizenship grant applications – Adults and minors
  • Our service standard: process applications within 12 months
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of submitted applications
  • Our performance in 2022-2023: processed 36% of applications within the standard
The Service standard is 12 months!

kyoussef

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi All,

Any one from Mississauga office. My finger prints were submitted on March 1st, and completed by RCMP on March 11. No update on tracker since Feb 29. Anyone in the same boat?

Thanks,

nmdemp

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
I have Mississauga office too. they never even asked for Fingerprints for me. last update was 1st march (test completed). AOR 29 Dec 2023.
Depends on case worker and the case. I’m waiting oath invitation since Feb 29. Most people done with their LPP around 5-6th of march and they are citizen already. Various reasons. Never figure it out how the system works

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
The Service standard is 12 months!
Nice of you to totally ignore the 'within' right before the 12 months. That adds a whole lot of context which going by anecdotal evidence (trackers/self reports on this and other websites), suggests that most applications since late 2022 have been processed in a fraction (specifically half) of that time.

That IRCC says processing times for most applications is n-months doesn't mean that an application should/will take that long, there are sometimes huge variances between posted processing times and actual reported processing times. I thought we all knew that.

Sorry, I'm snarky this morning.

elkapelka

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
Hi All,

Any one from Mississauga office. My finger prints were submitted on March 1st, and completed by RCMP on March 11. No update on tracker since Feb 29. Anyone in the same boat?

Thanks,
I'm not from Mississauga office, but I submitted my FP on Feb 24, RCMP mailed it out on March 7, and only got update on the tracker to "received" this morning, Mar 27.

• Wow
Reactions: kyoussef

kyoussef

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Depends on case worker and the case. I’m waiting oath invitation since Feb 29. Most people done with their LPP around 5-6th of march and they are citizen already. Various reasons. Never figure it out how the system works
Is it the Mississauga office, too?

kyoussef

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I'm not from Mississauga office, but I submitted my FP on Feb 24, RCMP mailed it out on March 7, and only got update on the tracker to "received" this morning, Mar 27.
Thanks for replying, that adds clarity. So, I should expect to hear back later this week or next week because of the long weekend.

Reactions: elkapelka