+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Background still pending (Stuck at security as per IRCC agent last week). No updates on my end since LPP.

Please keep us posted should you see any movement. Seems like a new pattern now especially with Mississauga Office.

Reactions: vg2013 and Monark20

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Could be that they are working on clearing some of their backlogs as someone alluded to earlier from speaking to a service rep.

I was looking at their data this morning and they had just met their <=20% backlog target in November 2023, and that number has continued to fall since - data as of February 29th.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/stronger-immigration-system.html

Now, whether they are trying to close out their fiscal year (April-March) by fixing existing backlog remains to be seen. I've noticed quite a few June-November applications getting oath dates in the past weeks. The one succour here is quite a few of us in December are stuck on the same process, which usually means they paused processing on their end and can resume it back on whenever they choose to and not individual applications falling through the cracks.
If this is the case, then why would they process January applicants to oath ceremony and keep December applicants on the back-burner? Doesn't make sense to me.

oddball2018

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I was just looking at the spreadsheet, looks weird how EVERYONE who submitted their fingerprints is still waiting for the background check to complete.
I don’t think it’s the fingerprints per se that are causing this, more so our application timing.

For example, I don’t need fingerprints and I’m also waiting (I think a few others are too).

I think what a previous user posted is likely the case. Our month is likely on pause while they scramble to reduce the backlog from that 12-16 month cutoff. It annoyingly makes sense for them to reallocate staff off a single period and carry on processing January onwards applicants. I wonder if it’s because less people may have applied in December.

What the approach is after this is a little concerning.

The good news is that it doesn’t seem to be the worst case scenario where there’s a complex issue with our individual applications since there seems to be a lot of us on hold.

Reactions: elkapelka

Prcan21

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Application: Online (Citizenship)
Application Date: Dec 19, 2023
AOR Date: Jan 05, 2024
Test Invite: Jan 24, 2024
Test Schedule: Feb-02 to Mar-02, 2024
Test Taken: Feb 9
Test Completed on Tracker: Feb 12, updated Feb 14
Background Check: in progress
Language: in progress
Physical Presence: in progress
Prohibition: in progress
Oath Ceremony:
not started

almost 2 months with no updates. In my AOR is mentioned the office is Sydney. Anyone else there?

Ali.arshady

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Application: Online (Citizenship)
Application Date: Dec 19, 2023
AOR Date: Jan 05, 2024
Test Invite: Jan 24, 2024
Test Schedule: Feb-02 to Mar-02, 2024
Test Taken: Feb 9
Test Completed on Tracker: Feb 12, updated Feb 14
Background Check: in progress
Language: in progress
Physical Presence: in progress
Prohibition: in progress
Oath Ceremony: not started

almost 2 months with no updates. In my AOR is mentioned the office is Sydney. Anyone else there?
check your test invitation email ( Bottom of the letter), you will find your secondary office. Sydney is the main office for sending AORs.

Prcan21

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
check your test invitation email ( Bottom of the letter), you will find your secondary office. Sydney is the main office for sending AORs.
i didn't find in my letter but the email came from DN SCR Citizenship e-Apps / Demandes en ligne Citoyenneté SCR RN (IRCC), so i think it's Scarborough