+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<< December 2023 AOR >>>>>>>>

ambitious1234

Mar 15, 2019
I post this in each AOR thread:
1. NOC Code - it isn’t about your job title, match 70% responsibilities to a NOC code.
2. PCC - make sure you don’t submit a black and white PCC. If even the stamp on your PCC is colored and rest is black and white, submit a colored scan that shows the colored stamps: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rejection-due-to-black-and-white-pcc.496680/. PCC is extremely nuanced, please don't underestimate it and ask on the forum/research past cases here if you have any doubts.
3. POF - Make sure to have closing balance, codified debt (or plainly listed debt declaration) on POF with your name clearly listed in it. Can’t get a letter of a specific format that state average 6 month balance? Don’t worry! You can create a PDF with POF + attach the last 6 months of bank statements to it. It works.
4. Upfront medicals for Outland applicants - Find a panel physician listed near you: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx when you call them do tell them that you want to do an upfront medical exam for PR application. In some cases, the hospital won’t have the right code to issue an upfront test for the “Permanent residency” category, it is fine to get the test done under the “worker” category. You’ll get two documents at the end of the upfront medical tests, you’ll have to upload one of these documents - clarify it with your hospital before leaving the premises.
5. Whitelisting CIC: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ppr-how-to-never-miss-the-golden-email-gmail-hotmail-users.596756/
6. What do background check changes mean (from Legalfalcon): https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-shows-security-screening-and-waiting-lets-gather-here.498854/post-10443831
What is the benefit of upfront medial when it is not needed by IRCC now? does it make it faster ? Is it done after ITA ?

YNWA

Jun 20, 2019
Upfront medicals are not allowed anymore after October 2023, applicants have to wait for medical request from IRCC or submit any previous medical reports.

Reactions: ambitious1234

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
FSW-O are going very slowly nowadays.
Initial impressions can be deceiving. They're going slow because most likely they are doing eligibility checks before issuing BIL/MED. Please read October 2023 AOR thread. Even I was thinking the same thing as my AOR was October 29th 2023. Then I got BIL and MED request on January 16th. The very next day I got a ghost update and when I looked at the tracker, it said "Eligibility: completed". So if it takes you three months to get your r10, it's likely that your eligibility has reached a decision.

The only thing that we can hope now is that the completed eligibility as shown on the tracker is the "real" eligibility and not some curveball by IRCC.

Reactions: ashes321

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Initial impressions can be deceiving. They're going slow because most likely they are doing eligibility checks before issuing BIL/MED. Please read October 2023 AOR thread. Even I was thinking the same thing as my AOR was October 29th 2023. Then I got BIL and MED request on January 16th. The very next day I got a ghost update and when I looked at the tracker, it said "Eligibility: completed". So if it takes you three months to get your r10, it's likely that your eligibility has reached a decision.

The only thing that we can hope now is that the completed eligibility as shown on the tracker is the "real" eligibility and not some curveball by IRCC.
This is the trend nowadays - Eligibility Completed before MEP/BIL. I want to believe this will make the process faster.

Reactions: ashes321

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
This is the trend nowadays - Eligibility Completed before MEP/BIL. I want to believe this will make the process faster.
More stress free too. By the time you get your BIL/MED request, you already have an idea where your file stands in terms of eligibility. Nothing is worse than doing blood tests without ever knowing if your file would even cross the 1st stage lol.

johan1404

Aug 14, 2023
Ive got MEP and BIL on Friday, but couldnt register the PR tracker yet. Also the eligibility went into We are revieweing your eligibility. What does this mean please and how much do I need to wait for PR tracker? Thanks

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
Ive got MEP and BIL on Friday, but couldnt register the PR tracker yet. Also the eligibility went into We are revieweing your eligibility. What does this mean please and how much do I need to wait for PR tracker? Thanks
Wait for a few days and try again.

algerianboy

Jan 19, 2024
It would be good if IRCC rename the tracker and instead of using completed, they should use the word PASSED. My eligibility got completed a day after BIL and MEDS too. Let's hope it remains this way.

vital350

Star Member
Dec 8, 2023
Not the best news for me if they are doing eligibility in advance, cause I forgot to send original police certificates outside from translation package to them initially and sent originals only after a month in the webform.

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
Not the best news for me if they are doing eligibility in advance, cause I forgot to send original police certificates outside from translation package to them initially and sent originals only after a month in the webform.
Shouldn't be that big of a deal. They'll either get it before or you get an ADR.

vital350

Star Member
Dec 8, 2023
Unfortunately, i know that they Refuse and not doing ADR in case of lack of original PCC. I knew it because they refused a guy with same citizenship like me because of this reason just 2 weeks ago (he got AOR in late Oct)... so that is why I uploaded it by webform.