+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2021 *INLAND* SPONSORSHIP

karanvir jassal

May 18, 2018
Hey all, my work permit is expiring on may 24, 2022. Sgould i aaply for my extension or wait for my file ot be processed?? I applied for spousal sponsorship on dec 9 2021 and its an online application

Bayanta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Hey all, my work permit is expiring on may 24, 2022. Sgould i aaply for my extension or wait for my file ot be processed?? I applied for spousal sponsorship on dec 9 2021 and its an online application
Of course you should! In fact, you should have applied at least one month before the expiry! Apply for an extension asap.

blessed2021

Mar 2, 2021
Can someone help me with what is the next thing after COPR documents are reflected on the portal tracker but there is no credential log-in email yet or PR approval letter from IRCC? On the tracker portal, everything is completed, with the COPR document showing an expiry date.

kapilarora

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Hey Group Members,

Need sone expert advice. We applied for Spousal Work permit for my brother's wife in Dec '21 and completed all the required formalities. They are married from more than 9 years and have a daughter as well proving the marriage is genuine. Further funds shown were enough in their joint account. Today we got an update that the visa for her has been rejected (owing that my brother's status is student and he can not support them)

Anybody else have come across the same scenario or have heard about somebody, can you please explain next course of action.

Any lead would be really helpful.

Thanks

g.guerreroja

Aug 10, 2021
Hello Everyone!
I want to share my timeline until today.
Based on your knowledge/experience, what should I expect next?
In terms of notifications/requests and of course time.
I would really appreciate your responses and help. Thank You!

Online/Inland
Mexican Citizen

Dec 10, 2021 - Application Received
Apr 11, 2022 - AOR
Apr 11, 2022 - Medical Exam Request
Apr 19, 2022 - Police Certificate Request
Apr 26, 2022 - Sent documents required for Police Certifacte to Canadian Embassy in Mexico City, they are supposed to request it on my behalf.
Apr 28, 2022 - Medical Exam Status updated to Completed
May 4, 2022 - Biometrics Instruction Letter received
May 5, 2022 - Biometrics Taken
May ¿?, 2022 - Biometrics Status on IRCC Tracker updated to "Received", didn't see exaclty when.
Jun 9, 2022 - After sending an Email to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City asking for the status of my Police Certificate, they answered me with this:
"The results of your FGR police certificate were received and added to your file on May 26, 2022.
Please feel free to inform the IRCC office in charge of your application to contact us directly to this email address in case they have questions regarding the Mexican Police certificate results process."

This is the last news so far.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hey Group Members,

Need sone expert advice. We applied for Spousal Work permit for my brother's wife in Dec '21 and completed all the required formalities. They are married from more than 9 years and have a daughter as well proving the marriage is genuine. Further funds shown were enough in their joint account. Today we got an update that the visa for her has been rejected (owing that my brother's status is student and he can not support them)

Anybody else have come across the same scenario or have heard about somebody, can you please explain next course of action.

Any lead would be really helpful.

Thanks
This is not about family sponsorship. (which means a PR or a citizen is sponsoring a family memeber to become PR)
Try posting your question at the international students section since your brother is a foreign student (sicne you said his "status" is student) and is trying to obtain SOWP for his wife.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/international-students.2/

If your brother is a PR and is studying full time (not his status is student), please post some clarification on what was filled in the sponsorship application. OWP is only avaialble for inland spousal sponsorship. Did he send the application online, and did he wait for AOR before he send the OWP application for online. Or did he send in the paper application with the OWP?