+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2021 *INLAND* SPONSORSHIP

bonjourToto

Nov 11, 2021
Hello, Everyone!
We are going to deposit our application (Sponsor + RP + OWP) on December 2021.
I didn't found a thread, then I created this one.
Some people suggested to create groups, then I created a Telegram: https://t.me/canadaVisaInlandDecember2021 (I hope it is not forbidden - if so, I can delete it)

Last edited:

bonjourToto

Nov 11, 2021
The main reason I started the thread is to allow us to stick together and to exchange our news about the mistakes we could suffer penalties for.
One first thing I noticed is that the official website [1] presents some bug when we try to download the checklist IMM 5533 E [2].
But if we go to the french version [3], then it works fine.
And now I don't know if I send the whole package in english, with this single one checklist in french, if we could have our application returned.

Checklist
Liste de vérification

[1]
Sponsoring your spouse, partner or dependent child (cic.gc.ca)

[2]
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5533e.pdf

[3]
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/francais/pdf/trousses/form/imm5533f.pdf

TianaS

Dec 16, 2021
Hey there!
We submitted online (inland) spousal sponsorship application on December 15.
Let's hope for the good news in 2022.

Oct 23, 2019
Hi ,

My visitor period is going to expire in March 2022,we have submitted paper application on December 8 th (spouse+owp)..so can I stay in canada after march?? Till now did not receive any confirmation from IRCC about application submission.

Please suggest

TianaS

Dec 16, 2021
Hi ,

My visitor period is going to expire in March 2022,we have submitted paper application on December 8 th (spouse+owp)..so can I stay in canada after march?? Till now did not receive any confirmation from IRCC about application submission.

Please suggest
Hey,

Congratulation on submitting your application.It can take some time to receive any updates from IRCC (in our case PRE-AOR),so don't worry about it too much.Hopefully you will hear back from them by the end of January.

Honestly, I would apply for a visitor extension just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiikii

Major2710

Star Member
Dec 22, 2021
having applied for spousal sponsorship does not give you implied status hence you should apply for a visitor extension to maintain a legal status in canada

Oct 23, 2019
Thank you for suggestion..
Applied visitor extension but currently processing time is showing 138 days which will be beyond March :( In case if my visitir extension is not done at that time what will be situation?

Major2710

Star Member
Dec 22, 2021
sorry for not making it clear

applying for the visitor extension gives you implied status till the application is processed, meaning even if you applied 1 week before the expiration, since you have applied and awaiting the processing your status is legal in canada

having a spousal sponsorship in process does not give you legal status

read the recommendation on cic, not sure how long before they recommend it , I put my application 1 month in advance of expiry and was able to get a years extension with a letter requesting 1 year.

good thing i did because my sposal application was returned, else it would have been just 6 months extension which is standard from what i understand, and i would be in a rush to maintain my legal status in canada

GV27

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I am also an Inland Spousal Sponsorship applicant and applied on Dec 10.. please keep posted if any of you receive any updates from IRCC.

GV27

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hi everyone,
Any idea? How long it take to get pre-AOR after submitting the application?
Thanks.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone,
Any idea? How long it take to get pre-AOR after submitting the application?
Thanks.
Here is the link to the Tracking Tool. So far it looks like 3 December Inland apps have received AOR. If you haven't entered your info yet, you may want to as it's a handy way for all applicants to keep an eye on average timelines.

Reactions: bonjourToto

GV27

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Here is the link to the Tracking Tool. So far it looks like 3 December Inland apps have received AOR. If you haven't entered your info yet, you may want to as it's a handy way for all applicants to keep an eye on average timelines.
Thanks for the response.
Sure, I will fill in the info.

Major2710

Star Member
Dec 22, 2021
average days for inland paper is around 45 days mark from date of submission, there have been instances of earlier temporary AORs,

there is no cutoff just estimations, the spreadsheet is helpful to understand the randomness

bonjourToto

Nov 11, 2021
:rolleyes:

Jesus, these two candidates got AOR so fast, applying on December?!
I wonder how can it be so...