sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Finally, my background got completed!! Following is the timeline:

- Dec 2021 Applicant
- Feb 2022 AOR
- Sept 2022 Test Invitation
- Oct 2022 Test Mark Completed
- April 2023 Background Completed (was stuck in Security check for ~7 months based on updates from MP office)

Is anyone in the same boat or waiting at the background/LPP stages still?

Any Idea how long it will take for my LPP? My LPP has been in progress since last year when I got the AOR. My PR card expires in June, and I need to travel for a very important event in June. Can I hope that I will get to the oath before the end of May?

Reactions: mgelgendy

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

- Dec 2021 Applicant
- Feb 2022 AOR
- April 2023 Background Completed (was stuck in Security check for ~7 months based on updates from MP office)

Any Idea how long it will take for my LPP? My LPP has been in progress since last year when I got the AOR. My PR card expires in June, and I need to travel for a very important event in June. Can I hope that I will get to the oath before the end of May?
Not trying to demotivate you but getting oath before end of May would be really tough as your LPP hasnt completed till now. LPP to Oath is also taking months now. Started renewal process for your PR card would make sense.

Reactions: sj1234567

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017

- Dec 2021 Applicant
- Feb 2022 AOR

I have almost same timeline and my Background was completed just end of last month ,waiting for Oath invitation that I suppose should come in a month. For LPP for me was completed a week after backgorund .

Last edited:

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
I have almost same timeline and my Background was completed just end of last month ,waiting for Oath invitation that I suppose should come in a month. For LPP for me was completed a week after backgorund .
this is encouraging to know. Did you contact the oath or your local office on this? I hear they can give you an earlier oath date if all your things are completed. Fingers crossed :)

oboyzee

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
I emailed them last night ,I hope to hear from them soon .
They'll definitely reach out to you, cos they did send me my oath date when I emailed letting them know all my time been green for couple weeks. The responded with my oath date which is on 8th of May. I'm just worried about the upcoming strike.

Zeek88

Star Member
Jan 10, 2023
They'll definitely reach out to you, cos they did send me my oath date when I emailed letting them know all my time been green for couple weeks. The responded with my oath date which is on 8th of May. I'm just worried about the upcoming strike.
Worried about the strike too! Can't believe after all the wait we might have to deal with this as well!! oath ceremonies and passports processing are among the things that could be affected with strike per the government website. If there was indeed a delay, there's no telling when they'll reschedule. Expereince with IRCC so far is that they don't seem to follow time order of applicaitons when things happen.. They don't have a First In First Out approach! Just hoping it goes well for now.

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Did you include your details in the email ?

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Worried about the strike too! Can't believe after all the wait we might have to deal with this as well!! oath ceremonies and passports processing are among the things that could be affected with strike per the government website. If there was indeed a delay, there's no telling when they'll reschedule. Expereince with IRCC so far is that they don't seem to follow time order of applicaitons when things happen.. They don't have a First In First Out approach! Just hoping it goes well for now.
They never had that first in first , I am dealing with them already 11 years.

Reactions: Zeek88

oraywatt

Jul 2, 2012
Could you please share the email address you sent the email to? I'd like to request for same