+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Got a ghost update 2 weeks ago, none today. Not too sure what it means, whether it's a system update or not. Still waiting on the LPP
Interesting. Having bit difficult logging in too. Need to try couple of times before I let in. Whe. I enter login information and press enter it just stayed on the logging page. That's all. Hopefully someone at least opened the file :( Fingers crossed.

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Received my Passport today. Applied on 17th February in Service Canada office Brampton. They told me that passport will be dispatched around 17th March + mail time. but received it in 12 days. Passport issue office Mississauga.

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
My wife got a ghost update yesterday after more than 4 months of wait on LPP update. Seems like it is another one of those mass updates, not related to specific progress on application

Reactions: Zeek88

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Received my Passport today. Applied on 17th February in Service Canada office Brampton. They told me that passport will be dispatched around 17th March + mail time. but received it in 12 days. Passport issue office Mississauga.
Wow that’s amazing . What kind of questions do they ask the guarantor and references ?

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Application processing centre: Vancouver office ( Calgary applicant)
Oath Ceremony online: Feb 9
Oath certificate received: Feb 17
Passport application submitted: Feb 21 Calgary location. Took around 35-40 mins
Passport received - Mar 1

Hello everyone,

I just received my passport. I was told it will be coming in second week of March when I went to apply but it came way early. Thank you everyone for your support through this journey. Wish you all good luck!
Congrats. Did you go to a service center or passport office ? What questions are asked to a guarantor/ reference? Any idea ?

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Thanks for the update.

For me, it took 2hr30 min as the counters were selecting next numbers randomly. Some were called within 2 min of getting their number for the queue, and some were waiting even longer than me. The only reason that makes sense is that those who got called right away were with the appointments.

I will go pick mine up this Friday.
Did you opt to go pick up ? No delivery via canada post ?

hyper

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Hello everyone, has any waiting to hear from CIC been able to call IRCC to get an update on the citizenship application been able to call them. Every time I try to call, the call never goes through. Any help would be appreciated

Zeek88

Star Member
Jan 10, 2023
Hello everyone, has any waiting to hear from CIC been able to call IRCC to get an update on the citizenship application been able to call them. Every time I try to call, the call never goes through. Any help would be appreciated
Try calling after 2:00 PM. Between 2:00 and 4:00 PM towards the end of their work day is when I noticed they're more likely to answer. Recently it got better. That said, it's rare that they give any information more than what is already showing on the tracker. They almost have memorized lines that they keep repeating.

hyper

Star Member
May 26, 2016

Thank you!
Try calling after 2:00 PM. Between 2:00 and 4:00 PM towards the end of their work day is when I noticed they're more likely to answer. Recently it got better. That said, it's rare that they give any information more than what is already showing on the tracker. They almost have memorized lines that they keep repeating.

Thank you!

Reactions: Zeek88