+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

tonbleu

Feb 24, 2023
All what you facing is normal no need to panic, your invitation will be send any tim next week, they send it a week before oath.you only panic if the invitation not received 3 days before oath. Yes there is form to fill will be with the invitation email you fill it, sign it and send it once you do your oath. If you have a proof of urgency you can ask but usually they don't care,and most the time they don't get late 1 to 2 weeks depending on how far you leave from the office of IRCC. Oh I forgot to ask what office your file with or where do you live to give you more accurate information. Regarding the e-certificate it's only for small group of people IRCC choose randomly at the beginning of the file processing.
Thanks for all the details!! I'm actually not sure which office my file is with. Is there any way I could check this? The mailbox that sent me the interview notice was Winnipeg, but my residence address is in Vancouver BC.

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Thanks for all the details!! I'm actually not sure which office my file is with. Is there any way I could check this? The mailbox that sent me the interview notice was Winnipeg, but my residence address is in Vancouver BC.
You can make sure from the test invitation email,but either way both Vancouver and Winnipeg send the ceremony email the very last week before the oath date, and both of them good at sending the certificate they don't make it late.

Reactions: tonbleu

bash2000

Mar 5, 2018
Hi all,

I finally have my LPP updated to completed on Feb 22. Test and BG check was completed earlier in October (marked completed in Portal December 13). Does anyone know what is the rough timeline now for Citizenship Ceremony progress?

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Hi all,

I finally have my LPP updated to completed on Feb 22. Test and BG check was completed earlier in October (marked completed in Portal December 13). Does anyone know what is the rough timeline now for Citizenship Ceremony progress?
Congratulations, hopefully you know by next week most likely it's going to be mid or late March, but still there's small chance they can schedule you for early March. It doesn't really matter you almost there wish you all the best.oh almost forgot which office you with or where do you live?

bash2000

Mar 5, 2018
Congratulations, hopefully you know by next week most likely it's going to be mid or late March, but still there's small chance they can schedule you for early March. It doesn't really matter you almost there wish you all the best.oh almost forgot which office you with or where do you live?
Thank you! To confirm in portal it says not started, do you mean I might move to completion by end of March (hopefully)?

I live in Toronto, pretty sure my office is Scarborough.

Apurv

Feb 23, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
IELTS Request
Qualified
  • Feb 24, 2023
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

• Feb 24, 2023
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.

• Feb 24, 2023
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.

• Aug 29, 2022
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

• Aug 12, 2022
    Scheduled for citizenship test

• Aug 4, 2022
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.

• May 19, 2022
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed.

• Dec 8, 2021
    Application filed New update
My timeline :)

sureshmaxss

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Hi, I went t the passport office at Sinclair downtown Vancouver, everything went well. I was in and out within 1hr 30 minutes. My passport will be ready for pick up, March 14
Thanks for the update.

For me, it took 2hr30 min as the counters were selecting next numbers randomly. Some were called within 2 min of getting their number for the queue, and some were waiting even longer than me. The only reason that makes sense is that those who got called right away were with the appointments.

I will go pick mine up this Friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clemency30

rayp

Dec 8, 2022
Application processing centre: Vancouver office ( Calgary applicant)
Oath Ceremony online: Feb 9
Oath certificate received: Feb 17
Passport application submitted: Feb 21 Calgary location. Took around 35-40 mins
Passport received - Mar 1

Hello everyone,

I just received my passport. I was told it will be coming in second week of March when I went to apply but it came way early. Thank you everyone for your support through this journey. Wish you all good luck!

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
I am a Vancouver applicant (December 23, 2021), and still awaiting approval on everything except the test. It's embarrassing Vancouver is one of the most inefficient offices across all the provinces.
Same boat , I think it has to do with stucking on either criminality or security check.
Check this topic ,is were more people like you and me discuss there.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/test-completed-but-background-check-in-progress.780688/page-34

ATKK_H

Sep 24, 2018
Same boat , I think it has to do with stucking on either criminality or security check.
Check this topic ,is were more people like you and me discuss there.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/test-completed-but-background-check-in-progress.780688/page-34
I applied for ATIP on December 30, 2022, and I am still waiting for it. If it's only pending background verification approval, I would assume it's either stuck on criminality or security check. However, when you have everything pending, it's hard to assume which is causing the delays. Neither the IRCC tracker nor the IRCC call centre provides accurate information on the application status.

Last edited:

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
I applied for ATIP on December 30, 2022, and I am still waiting for it. If it's only pending background verification approval, I would assume it's either stuck on criminality or security check. However, when you have everything pending, it's hard to assume which is causing the delays. Neither the IRCC tracker nor the IRCC call centre provides accurate information on the application status.
I just called them today and I was told that I passed the security check which allowed me to have the citizenship test and the criminality check is in progress . I was also told that is not up to IRCC how fast are done these two . Based on the the topic I gave you ,people start to have movements regarding background around 9 months after the test is completed . What ATIP would help with ?

CDN1234

Jun 25, 2019
Got a ghost update 2 weeks ago, none today. Not too sure what it means, whether it's a system update or not. Still waiting on the LPP

Reactions: sj1234567