+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Took my Oath on Jan 30 and today they closed my tracker. The journey is over  Full timeline below:

Dec 7, 2021 - Application sent / delivered (online)

Feb 15, 2022 - AOR received

Feb 16, 2022 - In Progress

Sep 9, 2022 - Background verification completed

Sep 12, 2022 - Test scheduled

Sep 14, 2022 - Test invite email received

Sep 16, 2022 - Test taken

Sep 21, 2022 - Test updated to 'Completed' in the system

Dec 8, 2022 - LPP completed

Jan 16, 2023 - Oath invite email received

Jan 30, 2023 - Oath ceremony (virtual, Scarborough office)

Feb 1, 2023 - Tracker closed

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!
Are you the two were setting in the kitchen husband and wife then husband ate a banana
Anyway congratulations

Reactions: june394

Dutchgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2022
My background verification was completed September 8.
My citizenship test was completed October 3.
My processing office so far seems to be Scarborough.
I'm trying really hard to be patient.But I check daily and it's becoming a bit of an obsession. I just hope nothing went wrong and it's just a waiting game. This timeline is still normal, right? Anyone else in similar situation?

Zeek88

Star Member
Jan 10, 2023
I'm trying really hard to be patient.But I check daily and it's becoming a bit of an obsession. I just hope nothing went wrong and it's just a waiting game. This timeline is still normal, right? Anyone else in similar situation?
Applied Dec 6th, BG completed August, and Test completed September 12. Everything else in progress. While the majority of applicants with similar timelines had their oaths scheduled in the Nov- Jan/Feb period, it seems others are still waiting. I personally contacted them multiple times and every time they confirmed that there do not seem to be any issues, and I just need to wait. Will update this forum once I get any updates.

Reactions: Dutchgirl

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Finally I got an update on my tracker today after months and months of waiting! My oath ceremony is on Feb 21. No email yet so don’t know when that’ll come and whether it’s virtual or in person !

Reactions: fulton1712

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
I am in a worst position buddy, only test is completed in the tracker and nothing else .

Dutchgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2022
I am in a worst position buddy, only test is completed in the tracker and nothing else .
Oh that sucks. Let's hope they get started on the rest of your application soon!
You know, I should technically not be in any hurry. I know there are people who need fast processing times much more than I do. But there's that nagging feeling that rejection is a possibility, or an application getting lost, that makes being patient hard for me. At the same time, I really don't want to bother them by calling or emailing, unless I have a really good reason.

Reactions: Zeek88

Jina2022

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Finally, I had my Oath Today. Now waiting for citizenship certificate. For passport, do we need to book an appointment or Walk-in to Passport office or Service Canada office?
Congratulations How was it?how long did it take? I need to get my passport ASAP,my oath is on February 22,I don’t know what I should do?

Reactions: Jatt_warrior

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Oh that sucks. Let's hope they get started on the rest of your application soon!
You know, I should technically not be in any hurry. I know there are people who need fast processing times much more than I do. But there's that nagging feeling that rejection is a possibility, or an application getting lost, that makes being patient hard for me. At the same time, I really don't want to bother them by calling or emailing, unless I have a really good reason.
Me too also waiting with having only Test completed and others in progress. Who else is still out there in the same situation? Hopefully we will see the next batch of updates really soon.

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Congratulations How was it?how long did it take? I need to get my passport ASAP,my oath is on February 22,I don’t know what I should do?
It was good and lasted for 1:30 hrs. Started 8:30 AM EST and concluded at 10:00 AM. From 8:30 to 9:00 AM they will verify id proofs of everyone joined virtually and ask you to cut your PR card with scissor. From 9:00 AM they will start with Oath which will both be in French and English.

Jina2022

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
It was good and lasted for 1:30 hrs. Started 8:30 AM EST and concluded at 10:00 AM. From 8:30 to 9:00 AM they will verify id proofs of everyone joined virtually and ask you to cut your PR card with scissor. From 9:00 AM they will start with Oath which will both be in French and English.
Thank you so much for your reply

Nobody27

Jul 11, 2022
I had my Oath in person January 30 and send my passport by mail same day. Thank you everyone in this post guide me through all this process. Hope you all get your citizenship fast and without any issue!
My timeline is in my signature.

CDN1234

Jun 25, 2019
Type: Paper Application (Single)
Application Submitted: Dec 09 2021
AOR Date: Feb 16 2022
Background Check : Mar 17 2022
Test Completed: Sep 02 2022
Prohibitions, Physical Presence, Language Skills: In progress
Oath scheduled: Not started
Ghost update: Dec 16, 2022

Any idea what I should do? I'm seeing no movement :(