+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

thtthings

May 23, 2018
For everyone who has already done their oath online... how long did it take for your certificate to arrive in the mail? I'm scheduled for oath on Feb 15 and I have travel plans 2 weeks later. Thanks for your help!
If you tell them you have plans they will make special arrangements for you and give it you immediately. You are the only who has plans after all and you are special.

• Sad
Reactions: fbs404

thtthings

May 23, 2018
I wanted to share my timeline.
Almost 7 months since I did the test, everything completed since October. I'm still waiting for the oath.

Online Application submitted: December 3, 2021
Application filed: Feb 10, 2022
Fingerprints required: Feb 10, 2022
Fingerprint results received: Apr 27, 2022
Background verification completed: May 30, 2022
Citizenship test completed: Jun 28, 2022
Language skills completed: Jun 28, 2022
Prohibitions completed: Oct 25, 2022
Physical presence completed: Oct 25, 2022
Ghost update: December 16, 2022
I had similar timeline to yours and had oath this week. Maybe alphabetically your last name comes later in the list. They have people from all over Canada in these ceremonies not just Vancouver. You will have yours soon

Reactions: AudreyTh

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Everyone is talking about oath here , I got only test completed in September and nothing else before or after . Everything else marked in progress in the online tracking . I guess another fall in the system crack on me.

brswng

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Victoria
I just received my virtual Oath email. I live in BC, but my ceremony invite is from the IRCC MBSK email, and the ceremony is hosted in Calgary mountain time.
Feb 9, 2023
Does anyone receive the same?

Reactions: Dorian_M

NameName

Dec 4, 2022
Everyone is talking about oath here , I got only test completed in September and nothing else before or after . Everything else marked in progress in the online tracking . I guess another fall in the system crack on me.
what’s your processing office?

AudreyTh

Nov 20, 2021
I am also an applicant from Vancouver (December 23, 2021), the oath has not started, and everything is in progress except the test. Application status waiting for additional document. I contacted IRCC and confirmed they don't require additional documents.
They may do everything at once!

Reactions: ATKK_H

AudreyTh

Nov 20, 2021
I had similar timeline to yours and had oath this week. Maybe alphabetically your last name comes later in the list. They have people from all over Canada in these ceremonies not just Vancouver. You will have yours soon
Thanks for your reply! I contacted them and they told me I'm on the list so it will be within this month. You are right. I think instead of order of applications, they do in batch and then alphabetically. My family name starts with "T". I was always at the end of the list at school! ;)

thtthings

May 23, 2018
I got update in the system! Oath on 24th. Application closed 26th and system updated on 28th with you are a citizen now message. I think I should get my certificate next week. Good luck everyone. I am outta here.

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
I got update in the system! Oath on 24th. Application closed 26th and system updated on 28th with you are a citizen now message. I think I should get my certificate next week. Good luck everyone. I am outta here.
wow you did get it quicker than i did. are you a vancoufer applicant? manitoba office is so inconsistent.

SartajS

Feb 17, 2022
Hi, I applied in Dec 2021, got my AOR in Feb, then took the citizenship test and Fingerprint request in September 2022. Since then, there has been no update. The citizenship test is complete, but everything has been in progress. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I appreciate any help you can provide. FYI I am in Surrey BC, and surrey office is probably working on the application.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi, I applied in Dec 2021, got my AOR in Feb, then took the citizenship test and Fingerprint request in September 2022. Since then, there has been no update. The citizenship test is complete, but everything has been in progress. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I appreciate any help you can provide. FYI I am in Surrey BC, and surrey office is probably working on the application.
Is your Background complete?

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
Thanks for your reply! I contacted them and they told me I'm on the list so it will be within this month. You are right. I think instead of order of applications, they do in batch and then alphabetically. My family name starts with "T". I was always at the end of the list at school! ;)
oh man....my last name starts with X...which prob explains why there's no update on my oath status since other status marked complete.

Thanks for sharing.

rayp

Dec 8, 2022
I received mine next day. After oath I told them I need it next day and then sent it to me right away.
I also have travel plans and need the certificate asap. My oath ceremony is virtual on Feb 9th. Did you let them know during the oath ceremony about the urgency of certificate?