+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Learner02

Aug 5, 2022
Almost seems like a batch process. Also received test from Niagara falls, DM on Jan 3 and reply from Hamilton IRCC saying it'll take 3-4 months
Truly, a batch processing! Just wondering why Hamilton IRCC is replying to our email inquires. Do you live in Hamilton?

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
Just an update that my wife had in-person Oath today (Missisauga) and was handed the citizenship certificate, will wait couple of days to apply for passport next

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
Application closed on Jan 18. Tracker last updated on Jan 20
from what I have read, closed means they sent it out already. hope you get it soon.

Hopefully I follow the same timeline as you and get case closed tomorrow. Weird how it takes 2 days for updates to appear.

eXodus11

Dec 4, 2021
from what I have read, closed means they sent it out already. hope you get it soon.

Hopefully I follow the same timeline as you and get case closed tomorrow. Weird how it takes 2 days for updates to appear.
Oh interesting that helps! I'll keep an eye out on the post then and will update when I receive the certificate.

Where do you plan to apply for the passport? I have my form ready (just need to put in the citizenship certificate number) and planning to go stand in line at the Richmond office as soon as I get the certificate. Also I found this blog post recently that talks about the Surrey office.

https://worldtraveller73.com/2023/01/07/my-story-renewing-a-passport-in-a-post-pandemic-world/

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
Oh interesting that helps! I'll keep an eye out on the post then and will update when I receive the certificate.

Where do you plan to apply for the passport? I have my form ready (just need to put in the citizenship certificate number) and planning to go stand in line at the Richmond office as soon as I get the certificate. Also I found this blog post recently that talks about the Surrey office.

https://worldtraveller73.com/2023/01/07/my-story-renewing-a-passport-in-a-post-pandemic-world/
From what I heard, passports are relatively back to normal.

I plan on going to the downtown office for regular processing (walk in). No trips until June for me anyway.

Good luck my friend

liacardenaz

Mar 23, 2018
So people who have already completed their oath, what time does the ceremony usually start ? And is there anyone else scheduled for 8th February ?
Mine started at 8:15am EST (online), but I guess they are not all at the same time, maybe a few ceremonies a day?

liacardenaz

Mar 23, 2018
I had my ceremony yesterday (it was scheduled to January 25th at first, but it was rescheduled to the 24th).
Now it's time to wait for the certificate!