+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Kiwi07

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
I applied in December 2021 and still awaiting for Oath which says,”Not started”. Rest all shows completed in green. Not sure what’s the wait for at Scarborough office. December 16 there was a ghost update. This is frustrating. Anyone in the same boat?

Sherwin7

Mar 30, 2016
I applied in December 2021 and still awaiting for Oath which says,”Not started”. Rest all shows completed in green. Not sure what’s the wait for at Scarborough office. December 16 there was a ghost update. This is frustrating. Anyone in the same boat?
Haa.. applied in 2021.. only background and test green since sept..

Lpp in progress.. path not started..

there are plenty in the same boat and plenty more in a boat in rear view..

Reactions: Kiwi07

rosuresh

Jun 8, 2018
Got a ghost update too on Dec-16... but the funny thing is all the BG check, language, phy presence etc. moved to in-progress for my son's profile. Since he is a minor, there was no activity in his profile till now... hoping it's a good thing and things are moving along!
Great news!!! We got the Oath Ceremony update in our profiles on Jan3rd... it's been scheduled for Feb 14th!!

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Me same timeline

lyluk

Dec 21, 2014
Mine was 'In progress' before and then latest update is 'Not started'. (October 2022) Yes frustrating!

dj0

Dec 30, 2021
@NameName - Language Prohibitions and Physical presence were marked completed on Jan 3. Update was on Jan 5.
@Learner02 - Based off of the other applicants here, I assume it'll be around mid-Feb.

I have a few business trips coming up in Feb, and I emailed the office to ask for a later oath date (March onwards), got a pretty generic reply:

You can expect to be invited to Oath Ceremony 3-4 months from the time your application is approved. Your application was approved on 2023/01/03.

Reactions: Learner02

kish1910

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Vaughan
From Jan 4th, it says we can request for e-certificate instead of a physical certificate. Is it for everyone or specific to the people who received an email with invites? My oath ceremony happened on Jan 4th.

Reactions: NxBxS

dj0

Dec 30, 2021
From Jan 4th, it says we can request for e-certificate instead of a physical certificate. Is it for everyone or specific to the people who received an email with invites? My oath ceremony happened on Jan 4th.
I'd like to know this as well. If I can get an e-cert, that would negate the need to push forward my oath ceremony. I'm primarily worried about getting the certificate on time.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I'd like to know this as well. If I can get an e-cert, that would negate the need to push forward my oath ceremony. I'm primarily worried about getting the certificate on time.
Looks like it is for people who submit their citizenship application from 4th Jan. The new application(online/paper) has that feature. For all others if you did not get the invite you will get the paper one.

Reactions: smash1984