+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

aormarch2018

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Tell us more :)
I sent an Urgent processing request since I am applying at a university in the US. I sent 2 webforms 3 weeks apart. They responded to the first one that it is in progress and no further action is taken. and for the second one they said it's reviewed and sent to the office.
Today the agent said they have not approved yet and Sydney should approve it . Previously after the file was forwarded to local office, Sydney had nothing else to do with it . In addition, the UP request was either approved or denied . When they replied that "we have verified the info you provided etc...) it meant it was approved , wheras now they say it is forwarded to somewhere else for another round of approval . This is preposterous.

Reactions: degm

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
I sent an Urgent processing request since I am applying at a university in the US. I sent 2 webforms 3 weeks apart. They responded to the first one that it is in progress and no further action is taken. and for the second one they said it's reviewed and sent to the office.
Today the agent said they have not approved yet and Sydney should approve it . Previously after the file was forwarded to local office, Sydney had nothing else to do with it . In addition, the UP request was either approved or denied . When they replied that "we have verified the info you provided etc...) it meant it was approved , wheras now they say it is forwarded to somewhere else for another round of approval . This is preposterous.

thx trudeau

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Dear All,

Today all my backgrounds marked as completed, ie, language skills, physical presence and prohibitions. Citizenship test updated as completed, 3 weeks after the test - Apr 26th. While background verification been updated on Feb 17th.

Regarding the address, since I moved to other province, I updated my new address on April 5th by sending a webform and via On-Line Services (cic.gc.ca). Up to now, I cant access that site, it always said " We were not able to identify you using the information you provided".
I tried to make many calls but the calls always hung up. Become complicated because the mailing address on that site is the address when I applied PR (its not active address anymore) even though I put the new address on my citizenship application.

Will keep post it
Cheers

Reactions: anumantra

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Dear All,

Today all my backgrounds marked as completed, ie, language skills, physical presence and prohibitions. Citizenship test updated as completed, 3 weeks after the test - Apr 26th. While background verification been updated on Feb 17th.

Regarding the address, since I moved to other province, I updated my new address on April 5th by sending a webform and via On-Line Services (cic.gc.ca). Up to now, I cant access that site, it always said " We were not able to identify you using the information you provided".
I tried to make many calls but the calls always hung up. Become complicated because the mailing address on that site is the address when I applied PR (its not active address anymore) even though I put the new address on my citizenship application.

Will keep post it
Cheers
Congrats Nadaa. Cool to see some files moving quickly up the chain. All the best for the oath ceremony. Hope you receive the invite soon.

degm

May 31, 2017
Any update to the Online Applications? I haven't seen movement on my file after Feb 18th.
Same here, and I'm tempted to create a separate thread because there's a clear distinction between the speed in which paper applications are moving vs online.

Reactions: userM