Application sent: December 12, 2021
Delivered: December 16, 2021
AOR: Feb 15th, 2022

background verification: May 27, 2022
Citizenship test : not started

Reactions: saou17 and HAchar

userM

Apr 2, 2018
Same here, and I'm tempted to create a separate thread because there's a clear distinction between the speed in which paper applications are moving vs online.
I thought its just me who is seeing a significant difference in processing time for both.
Online applicants from the month of September are receiving Test invites now while many Paper applicants from Dec 2021 and Jan 2022 have already received their invites!

• Sad
Reactions: saou17

Ishar

Oct 28, 2020
Hey guys,
After submitting FP results, On may 27, our Background Checks got completed but other two like language skills and prohibitions still says in progress. Is that how it works? Will they check it after test or it will be the next step before test invitations!!
Also, I have to start studying for test as well. Any tips please and where to study tor test?
Thank you

eudigao

Oct 26, 2018
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,107 days
Application: Single
Application sent: December 8, 2021
Delivered: December 8, 2021
AOR: December 8, 2021

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hey guys,
After submitting FP results, On may 27, our Background Checks got completed but other two like language skills and prohibitions still says in progress. Is that how it works? Will they check it after test or it will be the next step before test invitations!!
Also, I have to start studying for test as well. Any tips please and where to study tor test?
Thank you
Language skills, prohibitions , physical presence - all would get updated after you pass your test.

For test I practised from the 2 links below & read the book once
- https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/?fbclid=IwAR14BLyk19R9ZORJ5XUey-7ELFTIlaQCuwfFfdActLKf46oM2h05lil-QlA
- https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

Milads

Oct 23, 2021
Hey guys, am I missing something or the link to the tracker has the months up until Aug? I’m checking for my wife who applied in Dec but can’t find Dec on the spreadsheet ( I checked on my phone)

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hey guys, am I missing something or the link to the tracker has the months up until Aug? I’m checking for my wife who applied in Dec but can’t find Dec on the spreadsheet ( I checked on my phone)
Phone might not display correctly but it should have an arrow at the bottom ( left or right ) . you can scroll to your desired tab/sheet.

Reactions: Milads

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Congrats Nadaa. Cool to see some files moving quickly up the chain. All the best for the oath ceremony. Hope you receive the invite soon.
Thanks.. I just checked on On-Line Services (cic.gc.ca) .. I got DM today and my address been updated (finally - moved to different province and I though it gonn slower the process)..
Oh ya, how to see the spreadsheet?
Cheers

degm

May 31, 2017
For online applicants:

Is anybody considering cancelling their online application and resubmitting a paper one? I'm tempted but unsure... Any thoughts?

• Sad

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
For online applicants:

Is anybody considering cancelling their online application and resubmitting a paper one? I'm tempted but unsure... Any thoughts?
Well if you cancel now you would have to wait couple months to get the test invite and then you have to wait for oath. So if you applied in December it'll be couple months to get the test invite based on current progress of online applications. Also I am pretty sure if you cancel your application you won't get all your money back because they already started processing your application the moment you got AOR so in my opinion it's too late and not worth it if you cancel and reapply because you also have to update information, pay for new photos plus IRCC fees plus pay shipping and wait again from the start because you're back to square one. If I was you I wouldn't do it because at that point you'd be wasting time and money. If let's say for example paper application takes 6 months to process and an online application takes a year and you already submitted an online application and waited 6 months but then decided after waiting 6 months to withdraw your online application then submit a paper one and wait another 6 months for online application to get processed, you would have of waited 1 year in total anyways which is the timeline for online applications if you think about it realistically. You wouldn't have of done anything good or different for your situation. Not to mention that IRCC keeps changing and flip flops all the time. Paper applications are processed quickly right now but that might change anytime so I don't really trust IRCC. But what I know is if you get your test invite and you pass the test and your background check gets marked as completed you're basically 80% done because oath follows in weeks or months. In the end it's up to you if you want to cancel and resubmit by paper but that is my opinion

kish1910

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Vaughan
Please add in the sheet

Type: Online application
Application: Family
Application sent: December 12, 2021
Delivered: December 16, 2021
AOR: Feb 15th, 2022

background verification: May 27, 2022
Citizenship test : not started
Something to cheer for online applicants.

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Something to cheer for online applicants.
Are you sure that's an online application? Looks like a paper application to me. First the sent vs delivery date suggests its a paper application. Also, the AOR to "In Process" time ties with an ECAS "in process" date unlike the few days obtainable for online applications.

Reactions: saou17 and degm