+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Friends,

Can you help me with the below questions.

I got the email from the CIC people and they are requesting for my fingerprints... Is this common?
My background verification is still in progress.
Last I gave my fingerprints was during the PR time within Canada.

On the portal, I got another step as Take the citizenship test but I didn't got any invitation link to take the test.

Also, How long does it takes the file to process at the Vancouver office?

Mine application is single and Online

Thanks for the answer!
Many people do get fingerprint request. Background verification will be completed only after fingerprint request is completed in your case. For your test you may receive an email couple of days before the start date of your test.

troller1994

Dec 2, 2021
Many people do get fingerprint request. Background verification will be completed only after fingerprint request is completed in your case. For your test you may receive an email couple of days before the start date of your test.

Thanks for the reply!

Just curious, how much time does it take to complete the whole process after the test is taken?

Thanks!

dj0

Dec 30, 2021
Tracker updated today with FP request. Haven't received email yet.

Does anyone know if the email/letter is required to get FP done? If so, how long does it take between tracker update and receiving the email?

I'm heading out this weekend for a couple of weeks, so I'd prefer to get this done before I head out.
FP submitted: Aug 31
RCMP mailed out: Sep 12
FP received: Sep 22
BG complete: Sep 23

PakiAccountant

May 3, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to take citizenship test soon. I have read Discover Canada and have done few practice tests. One area in which I get more wrong answers is History (remembering all the dates and names of key people). Is this area tested more often? Approx. what percentage of questions come from this section?

How difficult is the real test as compared to some practice tests available online (e.g. Practice tests on Apna Toronto)?

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to take citizenship test soon. I have read Discover Canada and have done few practice tests. One area in which I get more wrong answers is History (remembering all the dates and names of key people). Is this area tested more often? Approx. what percentage of questions come from this section?

How difficult is the real test as compared to some practice tests available online (e.g. Practice tests on Apna Toronto)?
From my opinion it is similar to apna Toronto, on my exam I got 3 questions related to history/names

Reactions: PakiAccountant

hnri

Sep 27, 2022
My background verified was updated to completed on August 17 but i still haven’t received any test invitation should i be worried?

degm

May 31, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I would just stick to doing tests and reading the sticky post on this forum about the Discover Canada guide. Personally I just did practice tests and got 20/20.

Reactions: PakiAccountant

sureshmaxss

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
How long does it take for the test after taking it to be updated on the tracker? I took my test on 18th and passed it. My tracker still hasn't been updated yet. Anybody in the same situation or could somebody explain why is it the case?