+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I sent an email yesterday to Niagara office about next update and I got a Reply today from Niagara office

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. We appreciate your patience.

Your application is currently in queue to be reviewed by an officer for citizenship grant. Every application is different and we are unable to provide exact timeline on your application.

With respect to your travel plans on being outside of Canada, it shouldn't impact your application grant decision. If you are outside of Canada during our review and ceremony scheduling time, you can email us and we can make accommodations to reschedule when you return to Canada.

Thank you,
Citizenship Official
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
How long it took to get reply from them?

Nofear

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Can someone please check from tracker and inform what months AOR's are presently getting oath invites? Thanks

MChief117

Star Member
Aug 24, 2022
I took the test on Sep 15th and My status is test completed. Does it mean that the test was verified? Does it mean that now i will wait for the interview date? How long did it take to invite you for an interview. Thank you
Hi. Yes it means that ur test has been verified and ur score official.

Only a few people seem to receive interview invite. So I'm not sure if you would receive/need the same. May be someone who's had an interview can respond?

Cheers

Reactions: vjosi

Nofear

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Wowww! Awful :(
I read on social media that Missisauga office applicants have started receiving in person oath invites.. I'm in Toronto, so i assume my office is Scarborough, wonder if people would see the same here too in coming days!

Anyways IRCC is not justified delaying Oaths in any way. Its a easy manageable thing online on zoom these days! They should push things as it has already been a disastrous performance from them with any kind of visa application these days. COVID, Afghanistan and Ukraine excuses should be burried now.

skner2022

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
My citizenship test status was changed to "Completed" today.
Updated timeline below:

Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1159 days
Application: Single
Application submitted: December 15, 2021
AOR: February 17, 2022
In Process: February 18, 2022
Ghost Update: August 23, 2022
BG completed: August 24, 2022
Test invite: September 12, 2022
Test taken: September 14, 2022
Test status "completed": September 21, 2022
What a long wait between BG completed and test invite, IRCC is ridiculous

MChief117

Star Member
Aug 24, 2022
Can anyone please explain the timelines after the citizenship test is marked as completed?
From my observation different applications seems to have different timelines... after test is marked complete, 2-3 months for others (prohibitions, phy presence, lang) to be marked complete and another month for oath ceremony seem to be the general timeline.. Having said that, some applications have been marked complete for proh, phy, lang within a month while others have taken over 5-6 months.. I have also seen oath invites within 2 weeks of proh, phy. lang being marked complete..

Ppl are making a guess on timelines based on location/processing center, online or paper based application... but there's no clear consistency of timelines..

kish1910

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Vaughan
From my observation different applications seems to have different timelines... after test is marked complete, 2-3 months for others (prohibitions, phy presence, lang) to be marked complete and another month for oath ceremony seem to be the general timeline.. Having said that, some applications have been marked complete for proh, phy, lang within a month while others have taken over 5-6 months.. I have also seen oath invites within 2 weeks of proh, phy. lang being marked complete..

Ppl are making a guess on timelines based on location/processing center, online or paper based application... but there's no clear consistency of timelines..
Thank you so much for the reply. This information is helpful.

mofass

Jun 28, 2022
Prohibitions, Physical presence, Language skills: Completed. Sep 21, 2022.

Please update tracker sheet.
hi good news for you , and lot of hopes for me . was is online or paper app ? i passed my test 3rd july and completed the 5th

troller1994

Dec 2, 2021
Hello Friends,

Can you help me with the below questions.

I got the email from the CIC people and they are requesting for my fingerprints... Is this common?
My background verification is still in progress.
Last I gave my fingerprints was during the PR time within Canada.

On the portal, I got another step as Take the citizenship test but I didn't got any invitation link to take the test.

Also, How long does it takes the file to process at the Vancouver office?

Mine application is single and Online

Thanks for the answer!