+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
i did not even get my MR yet
You have your AOR2, that's way better...you know the PA's application is in process. The way I see it, it's better they request medical near the end that way you have a longer time to land before your medical expires. Doing medical and adding it to your file, barring any public health crisis concerns on the PA's medical, is really of no significance. My husband did his and 2 days later it was passed on gckey.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
You have your AOR2, that's way better...you know the PA's application is in process. The way I see it, it's better they request medical near the end that way you have a longer time to land before your medical expires. Doing medical and adding it to your file, barring any public health crisis concerns on the PA's medical, is really of no significance. My husband did his and 2 days later it was passed on gckey.
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: his*marty

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
typically how much time would it take from Application Received in a VO to Decision Made? What does a pre-arrival letter contain?
It depends on the visa office as well as how complicated the application.. it could be from a month to few months.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
typically how much time would it take from Application Received in a VO to Decision Made? What does a pre-arrival letter contain?
Honestly, I think it heavily relies on the VO it is sent to. Some VO's process much quicker than others. A pre-arrival letter provides info to the PA about immigrating to Canada. Resources and courses are offered at no charge and include one-on-one orientation, job search support and workplace culture training, and referral to a wide range of post-arrival services upon entry to Canada. This is only available before coming to Canada.

Reactions: esam99

Jaysun

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Honestly, I think it heavily relies on the VO it is sent to. Some VO's process much quicker than others. A pre-arrival letter provides info to the PA about immigrating to Canada. Resources and courses are offered at no charge and include one-on-one orientation, job search support and workplace culture training, and referral to a wide range of post-arrival services upon entry to Canada. This is only available before coming to Canada.
Hi, Thanks for answering ! Would the PA receive an email or update on GCKey for AOR2 ? On ECAS, status changed from "In process" to "Application Received". Could that be considered as AOR2?

Thanks again!

Reactions: his*marty

ramuhyd

Mar 6, 2015
Hello everyone.

I have a question in relation to my reply/ thread above, my wife (PA) got AOR on 11 Feb 2021, i am the sponsor. There is no SA and MR after that.

I went to India for a short vacation on 21st February and came back on 11th March.

Is there any reason, this vacation can cause the delay in getting SA? Please suggest.

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone.

I have a question in relation to my reply/ thread above, my wife (PA) got AOR on 11 Feb 2021, i am the sponsor. There is no SA and MR after that.

I went to India for a short vacation on 21st February and came back on 11th March.

Is there any reason, this vacation can cause the delay in getting SA? Please suggest.
Nope, IRCC can't track that