+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Congratulation!!!

Why you don't put the year after? This going to stay for long and forumers can be confused about your statistics. Please, if you can edit your timelines and add the year would be appreciated.
is it really that confusing?

Afsana92

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore visa office
App. Filed.......
17th December, 2020
AOR Received.
17th February, 2021
Alhamdulillah... by the Grace of Almighty Allah I got Passport Request today.. thanks to the group members for helping me a long way... prayers to all still waiting for ppr

Reactions: Namtu

DikshaKuniyal

Sep 20, 2021
Sharing good news, VO is Ottawa
PA is in India
Application sent : 16-dec-2020
Application received: 22-dec-2020
AOR1 : 12-Feb-2021
Biometrics request: 25-Feb-2021
Medical request : 26-Feb-2021
Sponsor Approval/AOR2: 26-Feb-2021
Biometrics passed : 03-March-2021
ECAS changed to Application Received : 02-April-2021
ECAS changed to In-process : 04-May-2021
Pre Arrival 10-August-2021
DM on Applicant side in ECAS 10-August-2021
PPR : Aug 16
Passport sent to Delhi IRCC: 19Aug
Passport received back: 4 Sep with COPR

Thanks to all in the group
Hi Arsh,

Can you please confirm if your application type was family sponsorship for spouse and if the sponsor is a citizen or PR?
Also please confirm if you took help from any immigration office or did the process on your own?

Thanks

arshdeep001

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Hi Arsh,

Can you please confirm if your application type was family sponsorship for spouse and if the sponsor is a citizen or PR?
Also please confirm if you took help from any immigration office or did the process on your own?

Thanks
Hello Diksha,
Application was a family sponsorship for spouse and sponsor is Citizen.
I did all the process by myself no help taken from any agent.

DikshaKuniyal

Sep 20, 2021
Hello Diksha,
Application was a family sponsorship for spouse and sponsor is Citizen.
I did all the process by myself no help taken from any agent.
Would you be able to provide some insight? We applied in dec 2020 for my pr application where my husband is a canadian citizen and we have not heard back at all other than a temporary application number for which we emailed 3 times (not even a AOR1). Did you have a special case in any way? Were you able to contact someone at the immigration office to get your process started so fast? It says they are processing applications from dec 2019 currently for spousal sponsorship, do you know how they did yours so fast?

Sorry for extra questions but we are so frustrated and lost since they have not replied as to when they will start our application.

Thanks again,

Diksha

DikshaKuniyal

Sep 20, 2021
Hi All,

My application from India (outland family sponsorship-spouse, my husband is a citizenl) was submitted in December 2020 via mail and they received it on 10th dec (according to signature taken by mail company) but since then we didn't hear back at all from the immigration. After sending a few mails they confirmed in April that they received my application and gave us a temporary application number and confirmed they haven't started working on it yet and will email once they start working on it. We still are waiting for our AOR1.
Is there anyone else who is in the same boat as me?
We tried asking them about updates via webform but there is no response yet just the generic we will update once we start working on your application.
Nowadays we are just getting reply saying their focus is Afghanistan.
It would be great if someone can guide me in what to do next?
It's really frustrating and depressing to see that there is still no update at all even after almost 10 months of sending application.

I read some people here from India had their application process started within 3 months of submission, even people who applied after us, and they already gave their medical. How is that possible? On the immigration website it says they are processing applications from dec 2019, so how did outland people who applied in dec 2020 for example already had their applications processed?

We sent our application to Sydney, Nova Scotia cpc office, is Mississauga Ontario office maybe faster? Because it said to send outland applications to the Sydney office.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

ramuhyd

Mar 6, 2015
Hi All,

My application from India (outland family sponsorship-spouse, my husband is a citizenl) was submitted in December 2020 via mail and they received it on 10th dec (according to signature taken by mail company) but since then we didn't hear back at all from the immigration. After sending a few mails they confirmed in April that they received my application and gave us a temporary application number and confirmed they haven't started working on it yet and will email once they start working on it. We still are waiting for our AOR1.
Is there anyone else who is in the same boat as me?
We tried asking them about updates via webform but there is no response yet just the generic we will update once we start working on your application.
Nowadays we are just getting reply saying their focus is Afghanistan.
It would be great if someone can guide me in what to do next?
It's really frustrating and depressing to see that there is still no update at all even after almost 10 months of sending application.

I read some people here from India had their application process started within 3 months of submission, even people who applied after us, and they already gave their medical. How is that possible? On the immigration website it says they are processing applications from dec 2019, so how did outland people who applied in dec 2020 for example already had their applications processed?

We sent our application to Sydney, Nova Scotia cpc office, is Mississauga Ontario office maybe faster? Because it said to send outland applications to the Sydney office.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Diksha

Very to sorry hear and i can feel you as I was in the same boat last year, so, i have reached to local MP office, later which a follow up of 4 months happened and then our application was returned due to a missing signature. Our time of 8 months wasted and then i had to reapply again. I suggest you reach out to your local MP office so that they can expedite your application asking IRCC.

Your local MP office/contact can be found on google. You need to write an email to the MP office, they will call you the next day on your canadian number to discuss. This will help your application to move faster. Also you can book an appointment to talk to MP in person. Email will help you and should make things faster.

Reactions: DikshaKuniyal

Pescado21

Feb 28, 2021
To anyone wondering how long it takes to get passport back after PPR submission mine took 12 days to come back from the Bogota office. It's a fast turnaround with them. I asked before submission and they said 2 weeks maximum and they received my passports on 10 Sep 21, and stamped it 14 Sep 21 and today I got them back through the mail.

Seems like that is normal turnaround time, not sure how other visa offices do it but I wanted to give a rough timeline to others in the same spot.

m.a.s9362

Jan 4, 2021
ON
Category........
FAM
Hi, good to see that a lot of people who submitted their application in Dec 2020 have already received PPR. Any idea how many from the London visa office have received theirs? They seem to be slower than other VO's.

My spouse/PA is from Pakistan, biometric done, medical passed in June 2021, received pre-arrival services letter in July 2021 but heard nothing since then. The IRCC portal shows that background check is in process and eligibility is being reviewed - I thought receiving pre-arrival means that eligibility is approved? Anyone else in the same boat? Did anyone receive a separate email or letter confirming their eligibility (for PA)?
Are most people still getting their PPR's within the 12-month timeline? Because IRCC went on a hiring spree last year so hopefully they're clearing up the backlog.

Last edited: