+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The IRCC portal shows that background check is in process and eligibility is being reviewed - I thought receiving pre-arrival means that eligibility is approved?
At least on gckey, nothing will be updated until the copr and visas physically issued - do not rely on it for a guide to when anything is approved.

jakez1314

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Hi, good to see that a lot of people who submitted their application in Dec 2020 have already received PPR. Any idea how many from the London visa office have received theirs? They seem to be slower than other VO's.

My spouse/PA is from Pakistan, biometric done, medical passed in June 2021, received pre-arrival services letter in July 2021 but heard nothing since then. The IRCC portal shows that background check is in process and eligibility is being reviewed - I thought receiving pre-arrival means that eligibility is approved? Anyone else in the same boat? Did anyone receive a separate email or letter confirming their eligibility (for PA)?
Are most people still getting their PPR's within the 12-month timeline? Because IRCC went on a hiring spree last year so hopefully they're clearing up the backlog.
lol stop tripping im Sep 2020 applicant and i havent heard shit from IRCC after submitting the ADR docs they requested last month while almost everyone in Sep probably has ecopr by now or landed in canada already

m.a.s9362

Jan 4, 2021
ON
Category........
FAM
lol stop tripping im Sep 2020 applicant and i havent heard shit from IRCC after submitting the ADR docs they requested last month while almost everyone in Sep probably has ecopr by now or landed in canada already
That's terrible. The way IRCC handles applications is so wildly inconsistent. Is your visa office also in London?

mr.ankit.pandey

Jul 2, 2019
Hey Everyone, I got ADR yesterday, requesting photographs of "essential elements of the marriage ceremony", I sent back the same day via e-mail.

Just a few questions, if anyone knows them:
1. How long does it take for ECAS to update saying the ADR ( pics) have been received?
2. What typically is the timeline to getting DM after someone gets ADR? I've seen a few cases where they get it in like10-12 days after ADR

Let me know if anyone has some insights.

Thanks!

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Hey Everyone, I got ADR yesterday, requesting photographs of "essential elements of the marriage ceremony", I sent back the same day via e-mail.

1. How long does it take for ECAS to update saying the ADR ( pics) have been received?
2. What typically is the timeline to getting DM after someone gets ADR? I've seen a few cases where they get it in like10-12 days after ADR

Thanks!
no definitive timeline for this

should not be that long, but about 30 days is a good turn-around time

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Doing well... got ppr on 20th...what about you? hav u reached Canada?
No, I already have pre-booked my flight to go visit my wife before I got PPR. Thought it would take longer, lol. I am going in Oct, and bringing back her (PA), in first week of November

Afsana92

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore visa office
App. Filed.......
17th December, 2020
AOR Received.
17th February, 2021
No, I already have pre-booked my flight to go visit my wife before I got PPR. Thought it would take longer, lol. I am going in Oct, and bringing back her (PA), in first week of November
Sorry..my bad..I thought u were pa.. btw I m also thinking of flying by mid November

jakez1314

Star Member
May 29, 2020

Thanks!
I received ADR for fbi clearance on aug 24, submitted webform and email version on Sept 8 (got email that it was recieved), and on Sept 15 the original copy arrived at Sydney office. Roughly 20 days so far still no updates

Botse

Nov 20, 2017
Quick question as I haven't seen much regarding the London Office. I received AOR2 status on 12 June 2021 and received the information pack for new arrivals but have not heard anything about decision made. My wife is sponsoring me under the Family Visa as outland. How long does it approximately take to have a decision made from the London office? We have no dependants.

royalrumble

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Quick question as I haven't seen much regarding the London Office. I received AOR2 status on 12 June 2021 and received the information pack for new arrivals but have not heard anything about decision made. My wife is sponsoring me under the Family Visa as outland. How long does it approximately take to have a decision made from the London office? We have no dependants.
October 2020 applicant here. On another thread for Afghanistan...their priority applications are going to London Visa Office. Might be a bit of a wait by the looks of it...or not. Wait and see here.