+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Guys, any of you who appointed sponsor as representative was able to link their application online at gckey?
Your question is not clear. Only 1 person can link the application to their account but it can be either of you. If you have appointed a rep then all correspondence will go to that person regardless of whose account it is linked to.

Reactions: pinx09

868Trini

Jan 11, 2021
Guys, did anyone get an email with the follow subject line "Update on IRCC processing capacity" which goes on to indicate they are experiencing delays and they will be removing the progress bar

Reactions: jaxdacool1

CANJAM988

Jan 5, 2021
Guys, did anyone get an email with the follow subject line "Update on IRCC processing capacity" which goes on to indicate they are experiencing delays and they will be removing the progress bar
I was just about to post the same question. My Spouse (PA) received same email this evening.

m.a.s9362

Jan 4, 2021
ON
Category........
FAM
On IRCC website it says they're currently finalizing applications that were submitted between May 26 and June 1, 2019. Is progress expected to speed up to clear the backlog or should those who submitted their application in Dec 2020 expect processing time of 18 months? This is very disheartening - my PA is from a country that requires visitor visa and the TRV processing time is also over a year. I really hope they speed it up

frange

May 25, 2018
I think removing the progress bar makes them less accountable if they pass the "12 months" mark.
Definitely IRCC should stop receiving applications for a period of time until they review the system. They have a backlog that they can't even clear for now and they keep receiving applications.

Can't understand their way of acting.

Reactions: nikolain and esam99

trickski

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Category........
QSW
Guys, I just got biometrics and medical request. I live in Ireland and it's going to be ~1 month to get both done. Will this wait for biometrics and medical delay the application? I could travel to London early April

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Guys, I just got biometrics and medical request. I live in Ireland and it's going to be ~1 month to get both done. Will this wait for biometrics and medical delay the application? I could travel to London early April
Probably not, they ask for them early but seem to look at them mostly later when they are doing eligibility of the applicant.

Will you be able to do both within the deadlines the letters mention?

Reactions: trickski

trickski

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Category........
QSW
Probably not, they ask for them early but seem to look at them mostly later when they are doing eligibility of the applicant.

Will you be able to do both within the deadlines the letters mention?
Thanks for the response!

I will be able to do biometrics. My medical appointment is 32 days from receipt instead of within 30 days so I'd have to notify them.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the response!

I will be able to do biometrics. My medical appointment is 32 days from receipt instead of within 30 days so I'd have to notify them.
They seem to be flexible for any delays that are at all attributable to covid reasons, but still a good idea to notify them closer to the date and just mention a covid issue.

Reactions: trickski

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
We waited about a month to do both, but they gave us 90 days. Are you sure they just gave 30 days?