+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** December 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship ***

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Hey Erika did you try contacting IRCC? If you did, what did they say?
Every agent I spoke to is saying please be patient, we are processing applications the order we received. Not sure in which calendar 2021 Jan comes before 2020 Dec though!!!!
I try to contact everyday but getting through to someone is the problem. The agents I have spoke to only say to keep checking emails.. very frustrating. I wish applications were done in order

Messa123

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
I resubmitted the application in late December 2020, did the medical in late April 2021, does anyone know what are the next steps and when to expect news from them after the medical ?

susannelankin

Sep 18, 2020
Has anyone still not received anything other than temp AOR? I’m starting to panic that something is wrong and I can’t get through to the customer care line..
We are still waiting for AOR - application received Dec 4 and nothing since pre-AOR. Super frustrating seeing people getting AOR who submitted in January. It's ridiculous - they are clearly not completed in order and whole system is a complete joke. I go through waves of panic and frustration and anger so you're definitely not alone!

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
We are still waiting for AOR - application received Dec 4 and nothing since pre-AOR. Super frustrating seeing people getting AOR who submitted in January. It's ridiculous - they are clearly not completed in order and whole system is a complete joke. I go through waves of panic and frustration and anger so you're definitely not alone!
It actually gets more frustrating when the call center agent says stupid things like "IRCC always processes applications in an order of their received date".

jpb192

Jun 8, 2021
My application was recieved on December 8, 2020. I received a pre-AOR with a temp number on March 16, 2021 and haven't recieved anything else since. I called IRCC today and spoke to an agent who told me that my application was marked as complete and he couldn't give me anymore information because the application is in Edmonton and they do not share information? My question is, what happens after the application is marked complete? (Married with a child, applied for sponsorship, OWP and PR. Applied through an immigration lawyer)

susannelankin

Sep 18, 2020
My application was recieved on December 8, 2020. I received a pre-AOR with a temp number on March 16, 2021 and haven't recieved anything else since. I called IRCC today and spoke to an agent who told me that my application was marked as complete and he couldn't give me anymore information because the application is in Edmonton and they do not share information? My question is, what happens after the application is marked complete? (Married with a child, applied for sponsorship, OWP and PR. Applied through an immigration lawyer)
This is the same situation me and my partner are in. We can't get any information (after calling multiple times) on why we have not received AOR if it has been marked as complete over a month ago. It's seemingly at the bottom of a pile on someone's office floor...

Reactions: jpb192

jpb192

Jun 8, 2021
I got an email this morning stating that they have my work permit and it will be processed in order of the date received, but didn't tell me the date it was received. The IRCC website says they are processing applications received between March 28, 2021 and April 3, 2021 and processing time is 43 days. Does this mean I still have a few months to go before I can work?

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
Had a ghost update on gckey on Friday and then last night my husband's ecas changed and says decision made on PA side. No other information yet on gckey.

Reactions: Ms.kaka

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
Anyone still waiting for their AOR? Apparently our file was marked as complete mid-May and we still haven't received anything :(
I am in a WhatsApp group that is linked in one of the Facebook groups...and there are a few that have not gotten aor. One girl got hers this past weekend.

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Anyone still waiting for their AOR? Apparently our file was marked as complete mid-May and we still haven't received anything :(
We are also in same boat. After multiple calls to IRCC, we were able to find out that our file was marked complete on May 21st, but haven't received AOR yet. They keep saying that applications are processed in an order, first come first out, which is not true at all, else you should have got your AOR since your app was received on Dec 3rd and We should have gotten ours as our application was received on Dec 15th. I am not sure what else to do. I mean is it too much to expect an AOR, I am not even asking for work permit or PR, all I am asking for is an AOR so that we breath a sigh of relief that our application wont be returned.

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Still waiting and I can’t even get through to IRCC to see if they can atleast tell me it’s marked complete. I call multiple times a day and always get the same message that they are busy and can’t answer my call. I’m getting very frustrated and panicking that it’s getting returned :(

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Still waiting and I can’t even get through to IRCC to see if they can atleast tell me it’s marked complete. I call multiple times a day and always get the same message that they are busy and can’t answer my call. I’m getting very frustrated and panicking that it’s getting returned :(
Hey Erika, try at 8 AM sharp, if you still can't get through, keep trying, once I had to try 7 times in row before I got through.

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
Got PR confirmation portal email this evening!

Reactions: Annej and ACatto

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Hey Erika, try at 8 AM sharp, if you still can't get through, keep trying, once I had to try 7 times in row before I got through.
Thanks for this suggestion, I started calling at 8:30AM this morning and called 11 times before I got through! I was able to finally find out that it’s been marked as complete but still haven’t received an AOR. Hoping stuff moves along this summer!