+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** December 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship ***

Sibrahim

Dec 2, 2020
Hi everyone,
Applied December 27th and was received today. Do we have a spreadsheet for inland January 2021? The spread sheet available is for those received in December.
Thanks

HN215

Feb 8, 2019
Hi,

after submitting the application ( during the procrastination period), can the applicant travel back to his/her home country?

ACatto

Jan 8, 2021
My Wife (Canadian citizen) and I (UK citizen) had our application received on 2020-12-03 and I received my biometrics fee reminder both on the 21st and 23rd of December. I’m still unable to link my application to my GC key.
Is this normal? If not, under the application drop down menu, am I correct in selecting permanent residence, as my application package included applications for spousal sponsorship, permanent residence and an open work permit?
Any advice would be gratefully received.

Mintonten

Mar 4, 2020
Hi everyone,
Applied December 27th and was received today. Do we have a spreadsheet for inland January 2021? The spread sheet available is for those received in December.
Thanks
I am planning to send the application through courier early next week. Did you opt for or get delivery signature?

nini66

Oct 25, 2018
Our application was received dec 23 , 2020
Still haven’t heard anything . Does anyone have a timeline ? Thanks !

Elainecho

Dec 22, 2020
My Wife (Canadian citizen) and I (UK citizen) had our application received on 2020-12-03 and I received my biometrics fee reminder both on the 21st and 23rd of December. I’m still unable to link my application to my GC key.
Is this normal? If not, under the application drop down menu, am I correct in selecting permanent residence, as my application package included applications for spousal sponsorship, permanent residence and an open work permit?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
How did you get the bio reminder? By mail or email? It is pretty normal. Our case will be linked like six or more months later. So far they just put our documents asides. There are many backlog due to Covid 19. I submitted at the same time with you, but haven’t got any update.

dark_horizon

Jul 9, 2018
People here mentioning that their application was 'received' on a particular date, are you mentioning the details from your courier tracking page? Or have you received communication from IRCC for it?

Also, how are people receiving biometric letter communication? Is it through email or post or IRCC account notification?

Last edited:

Harmanharbhajan

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi, my husband application was courier on nov 12 and received by cic office on nov 13.
his application number was generated on dec 02.
but have not got any update after that..

Litful

Dec 3, 2020
Application received Dec 21st. Today, I received a Biometrics Fee Reminder with an application no that starts F

Is this an indication that they have checked all the documents and forms to completely correct?

What should I expect next?

Thank you

dark_horizon

Jul 9, 2018
I had not paid the biometric fee earlier, and I received the reminder to pay it today. Should I pay it or should I rely on the online website which says that we do not need to submit biometrics during covid?

Reactions: christorno

christorno

Dec 1, 2020
I had not paid the biometric fee earlier, and I received the reminder to pay it today. Should I pay it or should I rely on the online website which says that we do not need to submit biometrics during covid?
I'm in the same boat, checked the website and they said I did not need one due to Covid-19 (I applied for a work permit 2019). Should I pay and send it in or is this just an automated mail for everyone?

Dec 9, 2020
If I payed my biometrics when I sent my application and this was received december 14th, when am I supposed to get an update of my application?

ACatto

Jan 8, 2021
How did you get the bio reminder? By mail or email? It is pretty normal. Our case will be linked like six or more months later. So far they just put our documents asides. There are many backlog due to Covid 19. I submitted at the same time with you, but haven’t got any update.
I got the reminder by email. No word since.
Good luck