+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** December 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship ***

Sasa Y

Jan 20, 2021
Application was sent through Canada Xpresspost Dec 30th 2020. Received Biometrics Fee reminder email today Jan 20th 2021, with Application # starting with F. We already made payment in advance and receipt was included within the application, guess everyone gets the same email.

Looking at previous posts about apps being returned due to missing postal code. I found out we did put postal code but didn't put country "CANADA".....
Hopefully once we can link the application online, we can attach the amended form after. It would be a torture to have it return for that reason.

dark_horizon

Jul 9, 2018
I'm in the same boat, checked the website and they said I did not need one due to Covid-19 (I applied for a work permit 2019). Should I pay and send it in or is this just an automated mail for everyone?
Did you take a decision on how to proceed with this?

Dec 1, 2020
Hi, I will be sending our package PR + OWP next week and would like to ask where is the generated bar code of the OWP form placed in this order?
  • checklist;
  • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
  • any barcode pages;
  • supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist
Also how did you organize your files? Just one big envelope?

Thank you.

rayboom

Jan 31, 2021
Application was sent through Canada Xpresspost Dec 30th 2020. Received Biometrics Fee reminder email today Jan 20th 2021, with Application # starting with F. We already made payment in advance and receipt was included within the application, guess everyone gets the same email.

Looking at previous posts about apps being returned due to missing postal code. I found out we did put postal code but didn't put country "CANADA".....
Hopefully once we can link the application online, we can attach the amended form after. It would be a torture to have it return for that reason.
Application was sent on Dec31st 2020 ( Delivered on Jan08 2021) , received biometrics fee reminder on Jan 27th 2021.
Unfortunately I forgot to put postal code for my brothers/sisters (in my home country) and also didn't put country "CANADA" for all (include myself) who lived in Canada in IMM5406....hopefully my application will not be return because of this....:eek:
As I found from other ppl, it normally takes 3 months or more then we can link the application online....:(o_O

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Our Owp and pr app was delivered today, canada post express. We waited for 8 months since originally applying in march. We got it returned because of a missing handwritten signature on schedule A form. Now the wait again begins
Schedule A has electronic signatures only, it so weird that they don't tell you about hand signatures.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Hi, I will be sending our package PR + OWP next week and would like to ask where is the generated bar code of the OWP form placed in this order?
  • checklist;
  • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
  • any barcode pages;
  • supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist
Also how did you organize your files? Just one big envelope?

Thank you.
I am compiling my inland application as well and have the same question as yours.

nini66

Oct 25, 2018
Hello . My application was received dec 23, biometrics reminder Jan 20 .
Any idea how long until I hear anything else ?

Messa123

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Schedule A has electronic signatures only, it so weird that they don't tell you about hand signatures.
They tell you that in the document checklist read it again, the problem is the instruction on the last page of the schedule a form, it is misleading about the signature so if you are sending it by mail you have to add a handwritten signature next to the type one 100 % unless your application is online. I made a mistake and it cost me 8 months, don't let it happen :)

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Hi all
Sent inland app for sponsorship and OWP on Dec 17th and was delivered on Dec 21st. Still have no updates, has anyone else received an update?

ACatto

Jan 8, 2021
Hi all
Sent inland app for sponsorship and OWP on Dec 17th and was delivered on Dec 21st. Still have no updates, has anyone else received an update?
My application was delivered dec 3rd, it took around 3 weeks for the biometrics fee reminder email, since then, nothing.
It feels like everything has ground to a halt.

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
My application was delivered dec 3rd, it took around 3 weeks for the biometrics fee reminder email, since then, nothing.
It feels like everything has ground to a halt.
We got the reminder email as well but we paid the fee in our application. So should we ignore this email? or book a biometrics appointment? new to all of this..