+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
From what I have analysed, if it is only Re medical/Extended medical then it could be 3+ days after date of approval ! If there is an additional ADR (like I have POF), then it could be 7+ days after all approvals. Since I am in the USA, I am hoping my PPR to come in the next week (earliest expectation)!
do you think is the same for all VO? just asking coz i dont want to set my hopes too high. I have seen some waiting for 2-3months after remeds have passed to get the ppr.

Deepa52

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
do you think is the same for all VO? just asking coz i dont want to set my hopes too high. I have seen some waiting for 2-3months after remeds have passed to get the ppr.
i don't know about the VOs, but i don't want to keep hopes high. I submitted ADR ( POF) on 26th Jan, 2022 and medical was extended on 10th Feb, 2022. Nothing since then. ( Edmonton VO)

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
From what I have analysed, if it is only Re medical/Extended medical then it could be 3+ days after date of approval ! If there is an additional ADR (like I have POF), then it could be 7+ days after all approvals. Since I am in the USA, I am hoping my PPR to come in the next week (earliest expectation)!
I think it will take at least a month, maybe 2 months for a PPR.

fdelliott2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2021
I would temper your expectations. It's possible, but for many people it can be months. You never know.

Monica Dua

Apr 10, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm AOR Dec 2020 and my application says Background check in process since forever. There has been no updates to my application in a very long time and no request for additional document. The link for getting updates never gives any response back.

Anyone else in the same boat? Is there anything that can be done?

fdelliott2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm AOR Dec 2020 and my application says Background check in process since forever. There has been no updates to my application in a very long time and no request for additional document. The link for getting updates never gives any response back.

Anyone else in the same boat? Is there anything that can be done?
Have you ever ordered GCMS notes or called IRCC to get a more detailed update on the application progress?

Monica Dua

Apr 10, 2018
Have you ever ordered GCMS notes or called IRCC to get a more detailed update on the application progress?
Not yet. My impression was IRCC has stopped taking any calls and the forms is the only way to get any updates. Do you know any active number for reaching out to IRCC?
For GCMS, havent tried but per my research, it shows the same progress as the account without adding much value. Please correct me if I'm am wrong and let me know if GCMS really helps. Is there a link to order the notes?

ellisa.khoja

Jul 29, 2021
I am in basically in an identical situation with @Deepa52.

• January 27, 2022 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
  • February 14, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Nothing since then. Just waiting. Trust me, I will update this board if I hear anything.

All my details are in my signature.
Dear @legalfalcon

I have a little worry. Last month, (January 2022) 80% of my POF was spent due to circumstances I could not avoid.

Would it be ok to do another gift deed to make up for my balance POF? Pls note that my initial POF was a gift deed by my dad.

If yes, is it okay to wait till I get an ADR for updated POF(that’s if I ever get it) before submitting another gift deed? Or should I do another gift deed right now and update it before they ask?

Also, since I am now married with my spouse accompanying, can I have my spouse do a gift deed by her dad, and attach a letter of consent from my spouse saying I have access to the funds?

Please, your response will guide me.

Regards
Dont submit it until they ask for, but maintain the balance for 6 months or take it you have to

Missjacksonifyounasty

Feb 9, 2022
I got an email from CIC yesterday Feb 28th
“In order to make a decision, we require the following information/document”
1. Please provide a new passport or travel document
2. Schedule A (imm5669)

I have filled out the IMM5669 form, (I did make a mistake on one of the dates under address history,and I already submitted, should I write an loe or leave it like that?

I’m still waiting for my new passport and that might take a few weeks.

I need to submit everything before the end of March.

fdelliott2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2021
Not yet. My impression was IRCC has stopped taking any calls and the forms is the only way to get any updates. Do you know any active number for reaching out to IRCC?
For GCMS, havent tried but per my research, it shows the same progress as the account without adding much value. Please correct me if I'm am wrong and let me know if GCMS really helps. Is there a link to order the notes?
IRCC has started giving updates on your application akin to GCMS notes over the phone. If you're inside Canada you can call 1-888-242-2100. Otherwise, you will have to use a VOIP like the TextMe app to call with a Canadian number. Its easy and free. Sometimes its hard to get through. I found the easiest way to get through is to hit 2 when they ask for a UCI number, then hit 1 when they start talking about Afghanistan and Ukraine. Then hit 3, then 0. They will likely say that they are busy and can't transfer you. Hang up and try again. It once took me 30 calls. Try to call in the morning.

The other route is to get GCMS notes. It will have MUCH more information than is just shown on the account. For example you can see if your eligibility, security, and criminality checks have been started, what your Visa Office is (i.e. where your file has been assigned which can inform a timeline), and if your medical has been extended but your account doesn't reflect that. Plus you can see all officer notes and comments on your account. The issue is that if you order them today, it might take 1 month to 4 months to get them back, even though they are supposed to get it to you in 3 days. If you are in Canada you can order them yourself, otherwise its easy to use a service like GetGCMS or any other numerous services for a fee around $20-30 CAD.

Reactions: JSF

ellisa.khoja

Jul 29, 2021
I got an email from CIC yesterday Feb 28th
“In order to make a decision, we require the following information/document”
1. Please provide a new passport or travel document
2. Schedule A (imm5669)

I have filled out the IMM5669 form, (I did make a mistake on one of the dates under address history,and I already submitted, should I write an loe or leave it like that?

I’m still waiting for my new passport and that might take a few weeks.

I need to submit everything before the end of March.
Whats your VO and COR?

Coronado

Dec 16, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Well, as per my understanding, VO may not make too much of a difference. I am sure that at a central level, maybe at the Ministry level, each VO will be monitored against multiple milestones as per the KRA. I agree that we should not set our hopes too high, that is why I have mentioned only the minimum days. And with the Ukraine episode, it is going to be more difficult to judge the maximum days.